Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Bashir Goth is angry????

Sophist   

For the love of god, Sophist is not short for Sophistication! then again I wouldn't expect you to know that!!!!!!!

Pi   

^^ ********* don't know their mother tongue so well.

soph·ist –noun 1. (often initial capital letter) Greek History. a. any of a class of professional teachers in ancient Greece who gave instruction in various fields, as in general culture, rhetoric, politics, or disputation.

b. a person belonging to this class at a later period who, while professing to teach skill in reasoning, concerned himself with ingenuity and specious effectiveness rather than soundness of argument.

2. a person who reasons adroitly and speciously rather than soundly.

3. a philosopher.

Source

[ March 27, 2007, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

^Is this the village ********* reincarnated as 3.142~?

[ March 27, 2007, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Pi:

^^ The English Orphans don't know their mother tongue so well.

soph·ist –noun 1. (often initial capital letter) Greek History. a. any of a class of professional teachers in ancient Greece who gave instruction in various fields, as in general culture, rhetoric, politics, or disputation.

b. a person belonging to this class at a later period who, while professing to teach skill in reasoning, concerned himself with ingenuity and specious effectiveness rather than soundness of argument.

2. a person who reasons adroitly and speciously rather than soundly.

3. a philosopher.

Good man. Now go and read up on the root word Soph smile.gif

AYOUB   

^^ :D Even better change the search to Thesaurus and it throws up sophist What's a "whited sepulche"?

Suldaanka

They come in all shapes and sizes. Aren't they all such fun? :D

roobleh   

The way things are going they're in a great position to rule the whole of Somalia (including Somaliland)

I take it as good luck but be carefull. smile.gif

Having read some of your contributions on this forum I'm almost certain that you are a Somalilander.

Yes, that is true. And I wish one day all miniSomali countries will wish each other happiness and live side by side peacefully. No more wars, and no more clannish enmity.

I'm also guessing that you probably hail from Borama and its surrounding towns/villages! The second part is only a guess of course; I totally accept that I may be completely wrong here. But I'll still risk a wager and await your confirmation or denial.

brother, I thought about saying "no comment." But I am sure people will think it as yes. So, the truth is that I was born in Awdal, but I was raised in Hargeisa. I am also a product of AMUD. I love Awdal and its people. Now I know what you are thinking, but you may be wrong this time. smile.gif

I think that is good enough disclosure, so HELP ME GOD!

ps. I will be away from this lively discussions for a few days or may be more. Good luck!