Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

1 July

Nephissa   

JB, July 1st (to borrow it from a nomad's signature) ama fad, ama ha fadin waa lagu fadsiin! :D

I can start putting together some home made explosive's for the special day, I also know a place to fire them off. Getting there is a different story laakin!

Juun Labaatan iyo Lixdeeda waa maalintii ugu horeysay dhul Soomaaliyeed gumeysiga ku jiray laga saaray, calanka muuqaalka qurxoona laga taagay, ee u dabaaldageeda waaba xaq.

Kowda Luulyana waxee u taagantahay maalin midnimada Soomaaliyeed laga dhabeeye. Waana xaq saaran Soomaali walba, adiga Soomaaliya ku sugana ka koow in uu ahaado la rabay, in uu u dabaaldego.

------------

Originally posted by Nephthys:

I can start putting together some home made explosive's for the special day, I also know a place to fire them off. Getting there is a different story laakin!

We don't have to make or buy fireworks or firecrack anaga on here. Kanada does it for us officially for Kowda Luulyo. Baless Kanada.

O, Kanada, our harsh home and native land of marax and maraxnimo...true thy ciyaal kuni kuni sons command...forsaken north, weak and unliberated...

Haneefah   

^I resent to see our beautiful Canada be spoken of like that...lakiin, to come to think of it, wey istaahishaa :D

But it's true about the celebration...Somalis have to just intend that all of it is for them, even the great fireworks show (was it in ontario place they held it horta?) :D

Xaniifa, ever been to Windsor on early July?

There is a huge, huge fireworks arranged by both municipal governments of Windsor, Ontario, and Detroit, Michigan. It usually happens the days between the 1st and the 4th of July. [Which is mostly either the 2nd and 3rd.] Equally, the fireworks is sent from the middle of the international river between the two cities. That is what I call some real agreed mutual compromise.

However, there is no compromise of where people watch from the fireworks. By vast overwhelming majority, including the Michigan residents, watch from the Windsor side since it has cleaned waterfront parks. Detroit does not have that, nor is it safe to be downtown at midnight.

waaberite1.jpg

A very emotional and subdued Soomaali legends singing the full version of Soomaaliyeey Toosoo. It is very touching, ee marka fiirso.

The legends such as Xasan Aaden Samatar, Khadro Daahir iyo Cabdiqaadir Jubba are all lined up, and joined on the stage by other notables: Nakruuma, Cabdi Dige, C/jabaar Khaliiji and the then upcoming Sheegoow Band.

The show, which was a fundraising event for Red Cresent, happened in early '90s in Koronto.

[Two well-known former Waaberi (and whom I personally know) guitarists are in too: Cabdicasiis Dhoore and Cali Atoore. Seeing C/casiis Dhoore oo la boodboodaayo kataaradiis, who had since become wadaad, was priceless.]

30px-Flag_of_Somalia.svg.png30px-Flag_of_Somalia.svg.png30px-Flag_of_Somalia.svg.png30px-Flag_of_Somalia.svg.png30px-Flag_of_Somalia.svg.png30px-Flag_of_Somalia.svg.png

Soomaaliyeey toosoo

Toosoo isku tiirsadda ee

Hadba kiina taagdaranee

Taageera waligiinee

Idinkaa isku tooqaayoo

Idinkaa isku taamahayee

Aadamuhu tacliin barayoo

Wadankiisa taam yeelyoo

Arligiina taako ahoo

Sharcigaa isku kiin tolayoo

Luuqaddaa tuwaaxid ahoo

Kuma kala tegeysaanee

Tiro ariyo dhaxalaa

Sidiin laydin soo tubiyoo

Ninba toban la meel marayoo

Cadowgiina idiin taliyee

Tuldo geela oo dhacanbaad

Toogasho u bareeraan

Oo ma dhilkaa dhan ee tageybaan

Nina dhagax u tuuraynee

Qarankan hubkuu tumayoo

Toorayad dhaafaynee

Oon taar samaysan karayn

Uurkutaalo weynaayee

Hadba waxaan la taahaayoo

Toggaga ugu gayshaayoo

Nin dalkiisii cadow taaboo

U tol waayey baan ahayee

Hadba waxan la ooyaayoo

Ilmadu iiga gubataayoo

Ikhtiyaar nin loo diidoo

La addoonsadaan ahayee

Soomaaliyeey toosoo

Toosoo isku tiirsada ee

Hadba kiina taag daranee

Taageera weligiinee

Som@li   

Last night, I went to Independence Day party, and it was quite immotional as some old people started crying in the middle of our national theme.

Baashi   

Cry? Is that khushuuc? Bet they don't cry in their salats?

July ist is just an another day in Qurboland!

Som@li   

Yaa Baasha, Salat Kushuuc is a diff, but those men/women were young, full of life , with lots of hopes and dreams in 1960,when the independence arrived, so much unfullfilled dreams,and now spending thier final days in qurboland as Qaxooti...so 26 June and 1st July has alot of memories for them. it is a sad state!!

Markaa Saxb ka qalee, adiga laftigaagu xoogaa patch fix oo ah Wadaninimo ah baad raabtaa,lol how can 1st July be another day?

Baashi   

True that. Few drops of tears, out of emotion, is ok I guess.

It is another day in QurboLand for me. I dunno why that is the case. I do understand its significance though and I do appreciate the efforts of those fallen heros who spared no effort to break free from the shakels of colonialists.

Awoowe xoogaa qasaawatul qalbi (eclipse of the heart) baa iska jirta ee in Allah khatumada na waafajiyo ducada aamiin dheh.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Last night, I went to Independence Day party, and it was quite immotional as some old people started crying in the middle of our national theme.

Too bad those Somali-Arab boys and girls had no idea of the occasion/history/significence etc. They did the whole thing in af-Carabi :D

Dabshid, it was a good night :D