Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Latest news from Sanaag

Taleexi   

Mr. Suldaanka, I can see that your poliscie lessons are working for your well regarding the way you articulate your point of views with, of course, their own fallacies and distortions in them. With that said, It is so easy and so good to say that your administration, namely Somaliland, is calling for a fair system and a centralized government, to implement the said system is the harder part, agreed?. Consider these questions; why boys of Hargeisa, Borame and Berbera die in Sool and Sanaag regions?, is it justifiable?, secondly, your constitution is calling multipart system, which in essence I like it but your represented each one of your Habar-Xs for one party, and ignored others... I am assuming that is the way you concieve justice?.

All in all, your administration would have done well and have been much better off, have they concentrated on the things that matter most before they seek dominance and land expansion? Which are apparently fighting with corruption, promoting more transparent government as such other regions of the land could have reciprocated your hardly achieved form of governance. However, my friend you guys killing your opportunity, don't try to exercise something beyond your scope of influence because if war breaks out within the communities of the north of Somalia, it may be protracted one and believe me the loss of human life and material wealth will be enormous. In my dictionary, war has no winners but losers

Till then stay cool!

Nonesense. It makes no sense for the good people of Dahar(I learnt of it today ;) ) to not belong with Puntland. Blood is thicker then water so it is only natural.

^^ lol

An old philosopher once said in the late 1900 century three things will become less important by the turn of the 20th century. I can't recall the other two but one of them was "blood is thicker then water".

He said "interest" will be what will unite man, not blood. So there you have it, Digi Kong.

---------

Mansa,

The Somaliland Democractic system needs a lot of hardwork and a lot of further development for it work the way it should be working. The aim of the system is to ultimately lessen the clanish cloath that every Somali sees through the politics.

It is already having a significant impact although there needs to be a lot more work. Fighting corruption, transparency and all that you mentioned are part of these work that should be done.

The Somaliland national armed forces is made up of all the people and clans in Somaliland from Awdal to Sanaag, Sahel to Sool. The aim of the army is to provide security and create the necessary atmosphere in which the government services and international ngo services can be delivered.

You know full well that the great majority of the people of Sool in the places where SL army is stationed are very happy about their presence with the exception of a few who like to create distrust and aroust clanish feverish.

I agree a war is no good for anyone. That is why Somaliland has exercised the most restraint even when we obliged to. Even to the extent that some people had to ask why Somaliland is not fighting back.

Sultaano,

I believe Somalia is an exception when it comes to the extensions of modernity. I can see how splitting up the confederacy of Somalia's most powerful and revered clan could be of interest to people like you.

As the Almighty said;

We have made you nations and tribes so that you would recognize each other

The people of Dahar belong with Puntland.

Xargaga   

The people of Dahar belong with Puntland.

I would have respected your guts if only you would shout the same words to Meles and tell him that the ppl of ****** region belong with Somalia.

Taleexi   

Mr. Suldaanka, Our differences are out there all to see, I've to come to a conclusion of respecting your position while I, as for one who is from the considered area, will never give up my God given freedom to anyone that includes your clan militia in which you call them "Somaliland National armed forces". Furthermore, I’ve read your so called constitution, and to be honest there is some good stuff in it but in some areas is unacceptable to me or anyone else unless he/she is your clan. The constitution is extremely biased at some points and calls for supremacy, nothing wrong with that but I question its practicality in this 21st century, I have too many questions for you but I can't state them since your threshold of change is so insignificant.

Mr. Suldaanka, what are your objections towards to a federal Somali government where wealth and power shared evenly and in proportion instead of campaigning an elusive regional government?.

I would personally rather prefer that you leave alone the people of Sool and Sanaag till they sort out their internal issues because if your admin. pushes them into a corner, it will simply backfire.

My last question to you is: let me first declare my disclaimer, I care less about the clanish mantra in supportive of the ideas of the philosopher you referenced to, "Interest" will be what will unite the people. Geopolitically, what sort of interest am I supposed to have with the people of Hargeisa and Borama that I can't have with the people of Garowe and Bosaso, pls, put aside your clan affiliations for moment, think thoroughly and for the sake of the common good, come up with reasonable answer.

Till then peace to you, I say

Taleexi   

Originally posted by nabadshe:

quote:The people of Dahar belong with Puntland.

I would have respected your guts if only you would shout the same words to Meles and tell him that the ppl of ****** region belong with Somalia.
They do!

Xargaga   

Mansa Munsa the Answear is That In garoowe and boosaso you will be taken for garnted just as Didi says here Its natural that you belong to Puntland Period. While In hargeysa and Boorama you will be treated with a note of seriousness and dignity. Simply because you are a significant party to the alliance and not A natural party that can be easly dismissed.

^ No sxb, the people of Sool and Sanaag are not taken for granted. They are the founding fathers of Puntland. How can they be taken for granted?

Taleexi   

Originally posted by nabadshe:

Mansa Munsa the Answear is That In garoowe and boosaso you will be taken for garnted just as Didi says here Its natural that you belong to Puntland Period. While In hargeysa and Boorama you will be treated with a note of seriousness and dignity. Simply because you are a significant party to the alliance and not A natural party that can be easly dismissed.

The fallacy of your logic is a hast conclusion!

Mansa Munsa

The Somaliland consistitution that you are refering to was written by qualified lawyers from Sudan and was overseen by Dr. Mohamed Omar Gees (from Eastern Sanaag) and Mohamed Hajji Ibrahim Egal. I can assure you, its the most democractic constitution that was ever written by a Somali region. In that, its clan-blind, its region-blind and it gives total equality to all of Somaliland citizens.

It gives the right to every citizen to contest for any office in the country democractically and also makes sure that the lesser minority clans get their share.

For instance, unlike Puntland, any person from any region who fulfills general cretrion can run for the leadership of the nation. It is not reserved for a particular clan.

Also every seat in the parliament can be contested in an open and democratic way. Anyone can be nominated from any region and has equal chance as the other. For instance, you might be surprised by the fact that, a man who was born in Togdheer was nominated in Hargeisa and won a seat in Hargeysa because rer Hargeysa voted for him. In another instance, a man from Awdal was nominated in Gabiley district and won a seat there. It is all about vote not about kinship.

That is that for the power sharing.

But I would like to know exactly what parts of the consistution that you think are biased and in what ways.

You've asked the question about Federal Somali Government. My position is very clear, I am one of those who believe the fact that the union of the 1960s has totally failed us, as Somalilanders. I believe we can not gamble on the future of our people and commit another mistake in which the people will pay a high price once again. But that being my position, I am aware that there are many people who believe otherwise. I respect their position too.

It is very natural to have differences of opinion and Somaliland is not the first place to have such a contrasting views on their political future. It happens throughout the world. So, I believe, Somaliland should go through the same AU/UN sponsored political process as other similar cases in the world, went through. That means, I am open for a General Referendum on this issue, giving the people their choice by asking the question of "Whether they want want Unity or Independence?"

Your last question was about interests. Well, I think you should ask that question to the people of those regions that formerly supported Puntland but are now disinterested with it. But if I may explore a little, let me first remind you the fact that SOOL and SANAAG are inhabited by many clans who have differences of opinion, but share a long history of common interests. These are clans that are the most mixed and basicaly share everything except the difference in politics.

I would say, since those clans that formerly supported Puntland but are now searching for an alternative even entertaining the idea of establishing their own, to seriously consider the better alternative which Somaliland presents.

Taleexi   

Mr. suldaanka, First, The parts of the constitution that I detested, honestly, I read it 10 years ago and I've to do my homework and make available to the public.

Secondly, regarding the reunification of the unity in 1960 as known my then representatives stated their position clearly which was not to rush to the union, a fact, your people took the flag to the capital.. and now you are complaining that that marriage malfunctioned..

Thirdly, I am also as well for referendum but that also has its own legal implications, for instance the following questions will eventually service:

--Whom should we ask the referendum the northerners or the whole somali nation?.

--Should we ask each region or even every district for that matter?.

--How would it be carried out?

As you can see either of these options ain't easy, a good analogy would be the rebellion Quebec region and Canada, it doesn't matter if all Quebec people vote for annexation, that exercise will be just futile because the decision will then be put to the whole Canadian citizens?, and what the majority says will be ratified that is why there is no juicy solution to the problem, because legally as you know, you can't just say that I withdraw from the union because I am dissatisfied with its performance therefore your administration lacks the legality of doing the dismemberment of the motherland properly.

I am quoting you "I would say, since those clans that formerly supported Puntland but are now searching for an alternative even entertaining the idea of establishing their own, to seriously consider the better alternative which Somaliland presents."

Is it not your above remark a derogatory, bias and impartial. With whatever it is, the way I see it it is a good entertainment, it doesn't cost you anything to embrace it.

Till then have lovely time

^ You are qouting me out of the context sxb.

About the hasty union. Indeed it was a terrible mistake that my representatives committed in the 1960s. But I understand that everything they did they did it because they believed in it, because they thought that a strong and united SOmalia was the way forward. It weren't meant to be. And it turned out the complete opposite to what they envisioned. Lets just blame at lack of knowledge from their side.

Ok, we agree that a general referendum might be an answer to this question. I would be open to what the experts say when the time comes.