Sign in to follow this  
Mizz-HurriCane

Women == > According to Quran and Sunnah

BissmeAllah w Asalam Alaikom WarhmatuAllah

The Value of Being Pious

Hadith - Muslim, #3465

'Abdullah b. 'Amr reported Allah's Messenger (PBUH) as saying: The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.

more to come insha*Allah

Fe Aman Allah

:D

Asalam Alaikom WarhmatuAllah

Barak Allahuma Feekom

where there is many ahadeeth that tells inform us about Pious muslim women === >

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #3254, Narrated Anas ibn Malik

Allah's Messenger (Pbuh) said, "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

[AbuNu'aym transmitted it in al-Hilyah.]

===== > Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #3095, Narrated AbuUmamah , Transmitted by Ibn Majah

The Prophet (Pbuh) used to say, "After fear of Allah a believer gains nothing better for himself than a good wife who obeys him if he gives her a command, pleases him if he looks at her, is true to him if he adjures her to do something, and is sincere towards him regarding her person and his property if he is absent."

===== >

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 3272, narrated Abu Hurayrah

When Allah's Messenger (Pbuh) was asked which woman was best he replied, "The one who pleases (her husband) when he looks at her, obeys him when he gives a command, and does not go against his wishes regarding her person or property by doing anything of which he disapproves." [Nasa'i and Bayhaqi, in Shu'ab al-Iman transmitted it.]

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #3095, Narrated AbuUmamah , Transmitted by Ibn Majah

The Prophet (Pbuh) used to say, "After fear of Allah a believer gains nothing better for himself than a good wife who obeys him if he gives her a command, pleases him if he looks at her, is true to him if he adjures her to do something, and is sincere towards him regarding her person and his property if he is absent."

I just had to add this one as I love it so much :D

Jamharah Khutah al-‘Arab, 1/145

‘Abd al-Malik (RA) said: “When ‘Awf ibn Muhallim al-Shaybani, one of the most highly respected leaders of the Arab nobility during the jahiliyyah, married his daughter Umm Iyas to al-Harith ibn ‘Amr al-Kindi, she was made ready to be taken to the groom, then her mother, Umamah came into her, to advise her and said:

‘O my daughter, if it were deemed unnecessary to give you this advice because of good manners and noble descent, then it would have been unnecessary for you, because you posses these qualities, but it will serve as a reminder to those who are forgetful, and will help those who are wise.

‘O my daughter, if a woman were able to do without a husband by virtue of her father’s wealth and her need for her father, then you of all people would be most able to do without a husband, but women were created for men just as men were created for them.

‘O my daughter, you are about to leave the home in which you grew up, where you first learned to walk, to go to a place you do not know, to a companion to whom you are unfamiliar. By marrying you, he has become a master over you, so be like a servant to him, and he will become like a servant to you.

‘Take from me ten qualities, which will be a provision and a reminder for you.

‘The first and second of them are: be content in his company, and listen to and obey him, for contentment brings peace of mind, and listening to and obeying one’s husband pleases Allah.

‘The third and fourth of them are: make sure that you smell good and look good; he should not see anything ugly in you, and he should not smell anything but a pleasant smell from you. Kohl is the best kind of beautification to be found, and water is better than the rarest perfume.

‘The fifth and sixth of them are: prepare his food on time, and keep quiet when he is asleep, for raging hunger is like a burning flame, and disturbing his sleep will make him angry.

‘The seventh and eight of them are: take care of his servants (or employees) and children, and take care of his wealth, for taking care of his wealth shows that you appreciate him, and taking care of his children and servants shows good management.

‘The ninth and tenth of them are: never disclose any of his secrets, and never disobey any of his orders, for if you disclose any of his secrets you will never feel safe from his possible betrayal, and if you disobey him, his heart will be filled with hatred towards you.

‘Be careful, O my daughter, of showing joy in front of him when he is upset, and do not show sorrow in front of him when he is happy, because the former shows a lack of judgment whilst the latter will make him unhappy.

‘Show him as much honour and respect as you can, and agree with him as much as you can, so that he will enjoy your companionship and conversation.

‘Know, O my daughter, that you will not achieve what you would like to until you put his pleasure before your own, and his wishes before yours, in whatever you like and dislike. And may Allah choose what is best for you and protect you.â€

================ > Fe Aman Allah smile.gif

LOL at above.I don't mean to hijack your topic but I personally have ODed on such readings. I have also burped and hiccupped at the many, many 'Women in Islam' topics and how women have rights in Islam.

All I hear is quotes, quotes, quotes. What satisfaction is there from parroting? And why when the reality is spoken about(eg. that in many, many countries Muslim women are not being granted their basic rights) do the parrots squawk? Is it any wonder that there are women out there who are outspoken in their crusade against Islam? Those passionate about Islam love defending it, how about putting some of that energy into something practical? Bringing about change requires an admission of error. Are our egos standing in the way of living Islam? And does Islam need defenders who doth protest too much?

I should start a separate topic at some point when I can gather my thoughts. No doubt I will be labelled but I don't much care. I'd rather talk about what is here and now in people's lives than an ideal which isn't.

do go on and ignore my beginnings-of-a-cold ramblings

juba   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

do go on and ignore my beginnings-of-a-cold ramblings

Actually you make complete sense! We always state what numerous rights women have in Islam, maybe to prove to a world that doesn't believe it, but look at most muslim countries today!! Can you blame the world view on muslim women with crazy aytollah types everywhere!! it makes me SOOOO angry that nothing much has changed in our situation. Honestly something has to be done to this nut jobs that have hijacked our religion and have stuck us in reverse!! This is not Islam! :mad:

Haseena   

Bismillah

Salamu calaykum

Why do you need to prove to the world anything? Manny have left the sunnah of our prophet (sallahu alehi wa salam) and the muslim countries are not exceptions, rather we should start with our self if we want some changes. Try to implement the shariah and sunnah in your self, and in your household, you family and relatives etc before taking upon you self to change the world.

My personal view( don't jump on me for saying it, it does not have to be a fact) is that, the reason why so many Muslim countries don't give the woman her fundamental rights could also depend on her not knowing what her right is. Many women don't look for knowledge they are rather pleased with listening to he said so, and she said so. Insha Allah we as women of this ummah, the majority of this ummah, need to go back to Al Rahmans book and learn and adhere to it.

wa calaykum salam

Sheh and Juba,

I agree with the sentiments you posted. I also used to say the same thing but as Haseena said I decided to learn the truth about Islam and the rights women have but know not of. And tried to educate those who were within my reach.

Haseena, there is more to that regarding the 'he said she said'. Yes, alot of women know not of their religion it is not due to the fact they dont want to learn but because they unfortunately had the wrong teachers, YES I say again they had the wrong teachers. Unfortunately, as it maybe but scholars are willing to tell a woman to stay in their houses and not go to the mosques than telling her that she has a right to prenuptial contract of her stipulation and other matters of importance.

Why? I still wonder(Dont want to come up with a conspiracy theory) I can only say I was grateful to have a good teacher and drilled for questions instead of being a silent student letting things be.

Personally, I know there is no excuse, books are available,have easily accessible libraries I urge my fellow females to read and know of their rights and ask for them. And dont take NO for an answer instead, ask why? how come? and why so? Bring on the discussion. Islam allows that so lets not be blinded by lame excuses to stop you learning(NB.Some matters of Aqeedah are unquestionable though). On the day of Judgement Allah will ask both men and females the same questions, one being 'Havent you heard of my message?' And the answer should be a straight forward yes or no.

Fiamanillah

*Sorry If I appear like Im ranting, but I despice seeing my fellow females denied of their rights and for others to sort to trivial excuses, Empower ourselves should be our chant*

I've started writing a topic for SOL so that all may rant and rave there. It's in my email account and I've been sitting here trying desperately to gain access to it- to no avail. I wanted to finish it and post it tonight but it'll have to wait. It's midnight and tomorrow's going to be one of those days. So see u all there inshallah in the next couple of days.

P.S: I don't want to comment on your responses though I am itching to. smile.gif