Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

A National Funeral for Indho-Deyro

AYOUB   

hadhwanaag 2006-07-10 (Hadhwanaagnews) Burao (The Rep) – Hagi Abdi Awad Ali (Indho-Deyro) who died in his home in Burao on Thursday was given a national funeral and was buried at a cemetery in the eastern outskirt of Burao at 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

Chairmen of Both Houses of Parliament, Mr. Suleiman Mohamoud Aden (Elders) and Mr. Abdirahman Abdillahi Irro (Representatives), a 5-man ministerial delegation led by minister of Interior, Mr. Ahmed Mire Waqaf, chairmen of the Opposition parties, Mr. Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo (KULMIYE), Mr. Faisal Ali Warabe (UCID), members of parliament, businessmen, traditional leaders and thousands of people took part in the funeral ceremony.

Our regional correspondent Keyse Ahmed Digale, who was at the funeral ceremony, stated that the procession of hundreds of cars carrying mourners took more than an hour to reach the cemetery.

Chairman of the House of Elders, speaking about Hagi Abdi Awad Ali said, "He was an important and influential personality whom Somaliland has lost.

He was a businessman who has done a

lot for the people and the country".

Chairman of the House of Representatives, Mr. Abdirahman Abdillahi Irro said, "I take this opportunity to send my condolence to the people of Somaliland on the death of Hagi Abdi Awad Ali".

Chairman of the opposition KULMIYE party, Mr. Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo said, "He was a good man who believed in his country and invested abundantly. He was a courageous businessman with unwavering decision".

Minister of Interior said, "In the name of the president, the vice president and the government I send my condolence to the people of Somaliland, the family and relatives of Hagi Abdi Awad Ali".

Mohamed Kahin said, "I was child when he began his business with a modest bazzar. He had taken a major role in the struggle for reclamation of freedom. He was sentenced to death in 1984 by the regime of the late Mohamed Siad Barre. He was a modest man not affected by wealth".

The death of Hagi Abdi was greatly felt in Burao yesterday.

web page

=========================