Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

The Trash-talking Doctor: Muhammad Megalommatis.

RedSea   

The Trash-talking Doctor: Muhammad Megalommatis

Definitely, trash-talking and name-callings won’t get your point across. And in fact—if anything—trash-talking describes much of the trash-talker’s character. Neither belittling nor despising your opponents conveys your messages much less convince your readers. Additionally, if one wants to write a self-defeating article: trash-talking is an option. And this is what exactly Dr. Muhammad Megalommatis has been doing repeatedly with respect to his barely "articles" about Somaliland.

Take for example, in his recent paper entitled, “Somaliland - the Clowns of the Lost Recognition, and their End”; just reading the title alone—you really want to puke. The readers instantly reach the conclusion that the writer is either losing his marbles or a professional conduct doesn’t mean heck to him. As a result, much of his arguments may viewed as worthless rants—a waste of readers’ time. See his article: http://tinyurl.com/48fvnn

Now, hold your horses; it is perfectly fine to criticize Somaliland or to oppose its independence. And that is not what the fuss is all about. But name-callings and childish behaviors of Dr. Megalommatis compels the readers to assume that despite his prestigious degree—after all—the Doctor demonstrated the worst case scenario of unprofessional writer. Worse yet, one may wonder whether the Doctor is sane enough or not. And rather than get offended by his raves and rants—we should indeed help him out to regain hi sanity helmet.

And of course, Dr. Megalommatis is entitled to his opinion, but freedom of expression doesn’t mean freedom to offend, attack a nation and its leaders that he knows diddlysquat about them.

I hate to lower my standards to his level, but I can’t help thinking that Dr. Megalommatis is a mere child trapped in a 60 years-old man’s body. For crying out loud, Dr. Megalommatis where is your professional conduct? I ask you sir! Do the pillars of good journalism: “Thoroughness, Accuracy, Fairness and Transparency” mean anything to you? Maybe not!

Unfortunately, rumor has it that—Dr. Megalommatis has been recruited by the one-man pro-Somali unity groups such as, the NSPU (or ASSC-S). (See this link to find out what the NSPU is all about: http://www.somalilandtimes.net/sl/2008/326/76.shtml) And as it seems, not only is Dr. Megalommatis ignorant about the Somali history and the factors that forced Somaliland to seek independence but he also blindly wonders around.

Throughout his paper, Dr. Megalommatis remains subjective, not objective. Much of his argument is way too emotional. So, isn’t perplexing why he keeps shooting himself in the foot by spewing out load venom towards Somaliland? This is a bizarre case of a foreign national’s smear campaign against a nation that he probably never stepped in its soil.

In short, with all due respect, Dr. Megalommatis so far you have spewed out the usual nonsensical argument: “Somaliland this, Somaliland that…” This is too cliché—be creative please. That is, if you have compelling reasons or convincing arguments to oppose Somaliland’s quest for independence, please share them with us—we are all ears. It is always nice to hear your opponent’s views. But keep your emotional trash-talks with you. And above all, remember: writing is a profession, not a name-calling contest.

Dalmar Kaahin

dalmar_k@yahoo.com

Its no secret at all that some members in SOL do correspond with this garlic and onion-muncher, and its from these correspondings that, he has turned him a laughing stock.

As of recently, he makes no sense at all and everytime he writes something about Somaliland he turns himself into a fart.

LANDER   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

He was attacking SOL nomads on one of his articles the other day.

do you remember which one?

Abtigiis   

I second the writer that the Prof. has a weird way of expressing his feelings. He is very sympathetic to our cause in Somaligalbeed, but that shouldn't blind me to the fact that at his level, more objectivity is required.

I admire his spirits though. And I think he analyse things from purely anthropological perspective. That is not always correct.

Somaliland ninkii wax ka sheeganna aniga waanu is dili. Maxaa laga rabaa????

RedSea   

Geeljire,

Read his article. It's really funny how critizes people. Somali xataa wuu kadaray.

This guy reads SOL and here is one article on which her is referencing a debate here on SOL.

Somaliland - the Clowns of the Lost Recognition, and their End

American Chronicle - Beverly Hills,CA,USA

author1225.jpgDr. Muhammad Shamsaddin Megalommatis

"The fact that Mr. Farah Ali Jama, who lives in Ottawa, has

been accused by SOL forum members as a "die-hard

Somaliland nationalist"

Actual somaliaonline topic he is talking about...

More articles from the author