Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Is “Somaliland” Whistling Past the Graveyard?

Ebyan   

No, I'm just being realistic. Neither side wants to lose and giving up even an inch of land would mean conceding victory to the otherside. There isn't going to be a 'peaceful' resolution.

Fabregas   

The majority of the people in that region do not support Somaliland. It is only a few people/subclan, who were angry with Puntland over the selling of some resources. Thus to paint it as some Bosaso militia taking over this area is very misleading. It is the locals who have surrounded the Somaliland militia from several different fronts. We all hope and prau a war is averted.....

The Mijiyahan Incident plus the issue of Laasqoray port is the two major examples of reer Sanaag bari being disappointed from Puntland.

Now we're here to open a new page for them ,,,, congratulations to those Ministers.

sweetie! there aint no both sides!! there is only one somalia! i dont know what u been reading.

unfortunately, current tfg lost site n took the wrong street. the road to hell.

mrs miskiin, is like bill clinton!! hes just wooples this way n that way! he remaineds of la's swinking buldings when earth quakes happen

Ebyan   

Rudy;

Yo son what you saying? Breh, break it down for a sista, I don't get your slang. :D

Northerner;

Sure thing. I'm not calling for war, but it looks like things are going to head that way.

Ebyan   

Lol@Aint fooling nobody.

Who said I was trying to fool anyone? I'm not on here trying to be someone else. I've stated my opinion many a times and if that makes me a qabilist, so be it. I'm just saying..Your slang + your weird references to LA isn't helping matters.

Ebyan   

Sorry, I don't understand Somali songs, thanks for the dedication though. :D

Just keep the slang to a minimum aight breh?

holly smoke! u talking about somali afairs n u dont understand the basics of somali ppl!!

lemme break it done for you sista!! as the sayid said! ama af gaalo, ama af somali nago faham!!

lool... other than that! then we will have to talk to u in sign language! u feel me. do understand the words coming outta of mouth!!

it remainds of that song! ma dabaalab aqaan daad na wa ila tageey!

Ebyan   

You don't need to speak much Somali to be interested/involved in Somali politics. I know the basics and that's all that really matters.

"ama af gaalo, ama af somali" Take your own advice sxb. Af-Soomali ama Af-gaalo not this yo yo son stuff ok? :D

NASSIR   

In terms of per capita income, Sanaag and Sool have higher income than Toghdeer and parts of Waqoyi Galbed, according to the World Bank Report.

Productive sectors of Sanaag, , U.N writes, "In Sanaag and Sahil regions, natural spring gravity irrigation agriculture is practiced. In the Baki valley in Awdal region production of watermelon to supply the Djibouti market is a recent profitable farming venture."

Sanaag residents heavily benefits from revenues on fisheries sector, aromatic gum harvesting as supplementary income, and rich livestock.

These regions are rich, yet their homegrown peace and stability have been threatend and endangered by "Somaliland".