Sign in to follow this  
Manala_garaad_baa

Conference with Shaykh Yusuf

Asalaamu Calaykum

I want to let u know that there will a Conference with Shaykh Yusuf Al-Qardawi. Here are the delaits of the conference and pls came if u can insha allah.

(World's Leading Islamic Scholar speaks out on the War on Iraq)

Tuesday 21 January 2003

Islamic Cultural Centre, Regents Park Mosque, 146 Park Road, London, NW8 7RG

Time: 7pm

Topic: 'Muslims and Current Challenges'

(The talk will translated into English)

Free Admission

Organised by MAB in association with the Coordination Committee of Islamic Centres in London (The East London Mosque, Al-Muntada al-

Islami, Islamic Cultural Centre, Mayfair Islamic Centre, Muslim Heritage Centre & Muslim Welfare House).

Profile: Professor Shaikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi

Professor Shaikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi is arguably the greatest living Islamic scholar, commanding huge respect and admiration the world over for his combination of deep Islamic knowledge with understanding of its place in the contemporary world.

This was no better illustrated than by his visit to the Vatican in the aftermath of the September 11th atrocities, for a Muslim-Christian summit. At the meeting he said: "we would like to stress

the fact that we welcome any approach that might bring Muslim and Christian scholars and leaders to common grounds in order to cooperate in finding suitable solutions to contingent or chronic problems that are directly related to the Muslim-Christian world".

His breadth of knowledge in Islam is made all the more overwhelming, by his contribution to international relations and affairs. He has

always been at pains to emphasise the need for dialogue between Islam and the West, as the Vatican visit shows.

Meanwhile, he has also spoken clearly against the manner in which the West, particularly the US and Britain conduct their foreign policies, especially in regards with the Arab and Islamic Worlds. He has condemned the US' blind, unrestricted and unconditional support of

Israel in the Palestinian conflict, and has pointed to that factor as a towering element in the continuing misery which is the strife and struggle of the Palestinians. His recent comments as to the US-led campaign in inciting a military attack against Iraq, are also well-documented and have contributed significantly to world-wide Muslim public opinion decrying this line of action.

* Born in Egypt in 1926

* Completed the memorization of the Quran before his tenth birthday

* Studied at Al Azhar from the elementary to the university level, and obtained his Ph.D. there in 1973

* Presently serves as the dean of the College of Shariah and Islamic Studies and as the director of the Center for Sunnah and Sirah Studies at the University of Qatar.

* Published over forty-two books dealing with various aspects of Islam

* President of the European Council for Fatwa and Research

* Presents a weekly live discussion program on Al-Jazeera watched by Millions of Muslims worldwide.

salaamu calaykum.

Thx for notifying us of this Talk Saxiib much appreciated. However unfortunately due to the fact that am facing some exams Particularly 1 on wednesday 22 i am afriad i wont be able to make it. So Inshallah plz if you or any nomads manage to make it to the talk gives as an idea of what it was like, the points raised and so forth, it will be much appreciated Thx saxiib.

my allah reward your efforts

Haashim   

ThanX Manalagaraadbaa, i will be there INSHAALLAH.

Subxaanalaah i've been this mosque on wednesday and i did'nt heard about it.

Thanx again.

LAMA CANAANTAAN BAA CAANAHA DAADSHAY

nuune   

the best thing,He is also coming to Dublin,i heard him saying that on Al-jazeera TV,but maybe it is different conference,the one i heard from him will be all Muslim scholars coming to Dublin,i don't know when,but he said 2003!