Sign in to follow this  
Liibaan

Red Cross reports many dead in Somalia

Liibaan   

Red Cross reports many dead in Somalia

BAIDOA, Somalia AFP

The International Committee of the Red Cross said that fighting in Somalia had left "dozens" dead and made many homeless.

For its part the Somali government said its Ethiopian-backed forces had killed more than 500 Islamic fighters in three days of deadly clashes near Baidoa, the seat of government.

"We are very concerned about the plight of civilians who might get caught up in the fighting," said Pascal Hundt, the ICRC's chief for Somalia, said Friday.

"We call on all parties involved in the clashes to spare and protect civilians and to take every precaution when conducting military operations," he said in a statement.

The ICRC urged rival sides "to ensure that wounded and captured fighters are protected and receive treatment and that medical staff, hospitals and clinics are spared from attacks."

Hospitals and clinics in the region had admitted at least 200 wounded since Wednesday, the ICRC said.

Somali Information Minister Ali Jama said fatalities were reported on two fronts east and south of the Baidoa, about 250 kilometres (155 miles) northwest of the capital Mogadishu.

"The combined total from two fronts is over 500 Islamists killed since Wednesday," Jama told АFР.

The figure could not be independently verified.

"Most of those killed are innocent children who have been sent to the frontline. It is unfortunate because we have been forced into this ... we do not like shedding the blood of children," Jama added.

Fighting erupted early Wednesday, hours after the expiry of an Islamist-imposed ultimatum for thousands of Ethiopian troops the Islamists say have been deployed to back the government.

In addition, Jama said the government had lost 15 soldiers in Daynunay, a flashpoint garrison town about 30 kilometres to the east, and in the Idale and Dinsoor trading posts, about 60 kilometres (40 miles) and 120 kilometres (75 miles) south of Baidoa.

"The fighting is intensifying in Dinsoor region. It will continue as long as they are attacking us. If they don't stop we shall move to their positions," Jama said, adding that thousands of civilians had been displaced by the latest clashes that threaten the entire Horn of Africa region.

On Thursday, the Islamists said they had killed at least 70 rival fighters.

[ December 23, 2006, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

RedSea   

What an anfortunate scene,that dude lying there seems to be one of the poor young recruits of the Xabashi daba ku dhilif,hence for his uniform.

Liibaan   

Red sea you got it wrong

An Islamic Courts soldier lies dead at the Moode Moode front, east of Baidoa, Thursday, Dec. 21, 2006. Fighters pounded each other with heavy artillery and mortars for a third day Thursday as Somalia's Islamic leader announced the country was now at war, leaving a day old peace initiative in tatters. Residents said bodies lay in the streets of villages where bloody battles had taken place as the Ethiopian-backed interim government fought for control of strategic areas close to their base with fighters from the rival Islamic movement. (AP Photo/Mohamed Abdulle Hassan Siidi)

SOURCE: Yahoo News

[ December 23, 2006, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Liibaan   

An Islamic Courts soldier lies dead at the Moode Moode front, east of Baidoa, Thursday, Dec. (AP/MOHAMED ABDULLE HASSAN SIIDI)

[ December 23, 2006, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Liibaan   

capt.sge.crq15.211206231947.photo03.phot

Armed Somali students ride in a pick-up truck as they enter Banadir Stadium in Mogadishu on December 8. Somalia's Ethiopia-backed forces and Islamist fighters clashed near the seat of government in Baidoa for a second day, with Ethiopian tanks reportedly brought into battle and both sides claiming to inflict massive casualties.(AFP/File)

Liibaan   

2006_12_22t150559_450x305_us_somalia_con

Ethiopian tanks rolled to the battlefront on Friday as Somali Islamists and Somalia's pro-government troops pounded each other with artillery and rockets in a fourth day of clashes. (Shabelle Media/Reuters)

Yahoo News

capt.sge.crq15.211206231947.photo00.phot

Somali troops of the transitional government patrol on the outskirts of Baidoa on December 14.Somalia's Ethiopia-backed forces and Islamist fighters clashed near the seat of government in Baidoa for a second day, with Ethiopian tanks reportedly brought into battle and both sides claiming to inflict massive casualties..(AFP/File)

i1166810760128188023.jpg?x=300&y=315&sig

A Somali government soldier guards a path in Moode Moode, a town nine miles from the government garrison town of Baidoai, Friday. (AP Photo/Mohamed Abdulle Hassan Siidi)

capt.sge.cai71.201206001155.photo00.phot

A Somali troop of the Transitional Federal Government patrols the airport of Baidoa, Somalia, 12 December 2006. Forces loyal to Somalia's powerful Islamists clashed with government troops backed by Ethiopian forces, a day after the deadline expired for Addis Ababa to withdraw its troops or face major attacks.(AFP/File)

Pi   

Red Sea, you should join the Jihad ASAP. :D

Baliis, respect meyda Soomaaliyeed.

[ December 23, 2006, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Liibaan   

Red Sea

kama qasna waa siduu la rabay in uu dagaal lagu huubtu ka dilaaco Baydhabo iyo koonfurta somalia

red sea, waxuu u heystaa inuu aqoonsi ugu helayo somalilaan tiisa hadii dhibata ka dhacdo gobolada kale ee somalia

capt.sge.crq15.211206231947.photo03.phot

I hate pictures like this. It reminds me what Mengistu did in Addis Ababa in 1991.

The kids like the ones on the Toyota there were all relatives of the Mengistu officials. Not a single one of them went to the fronts to Harar side or North of Addis Ababa.

All those kids are now in America. The poor kids that were sent to the front were also somehow fortunate.

The fighters purposely avoided them and went only on targets where the soldiers were.

I don't know if "colonel" Aweye is sending his kids or grand kids to the front, but in ethiopia not a single one of the agitators and show off "soldiers" ever saw any action.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Garaad Caanood:

capt.sge.crq15.211206231947.photo00.phot

Somali troops of the transitional government patrol on the outskirts of Baidoa on December 14.Somalia's Ethiopia-backed forces and Islamist fighters clashed near the seat of government in Baidoa for a second day, with Ethiopian tanks reportedly brought into battle and both sides claiming to inflict massive casualties..(AFP/File)

i1166810760128188023.jpg?x=300&y=315&sig

A Somali government soldier guards a path in Moode Moode, a town nine miles from the government garrison town of Baidoai, Friday. (AP Photo/Mohamed Abdulle Hassan Siidi)

capt.sge.cai71.201206001155.photo00.phot

A Somali troop of the Transitional Federal Government patrols the airport of Baidoa, Somalia, 12 December 2006. Forces loyal to Somalia's powerful Islamists clashed with government troops backed by Ethiopian forces, a day after the deadline expired for Addis Ababa to withdraw its troops or face major attacks.(AFP/File)

[/QB]

RedSea   

Which one of you weak characters should I first respond,well let me just go in order shall I?

Pi,

you look at the pics,the soldier/individual who is lying on the fist picture compare to the soldiers of the so called TFG,if you look at them,they have exact same uniforms,meaning that could be a soldier belonging to Xabashi daba dhilif lot.

The second picture could be either,howeve,whatever they are,I expected and expect the ICU mujaahiideen to kill and to be killed however,those who die on the side of the ICU have passed away while fighting for good cause,but those who are siding with the Xabashis have died in vain and the torment of hellfire awaits them.

Garaad Canood,

waxa tahay nin aad u caqli yar.Adigu hadaad xabashi daba dhilif tahay miyaad iska cadaysatid.Anigoo Somalilander ah ayaan hadana ogahay oo ka danqanayaa dhibta ka jirta somalida koonfurteed.iskadaa ******* intan leeg ninwayn baad tahaye.

so far thanks to Allah,the ICU mujahadiin are kicking butt big time,they have gained more ground and yes some Muhadiin have maryed,but they have killed more and inflicted heavy toll on the filthy Xabashis and their daba dhilif.

[ December 23, 2006, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Pi   

RedSea: This is your opinion (baseless, of course). Let me summarize

1. Dead TFG soldiers= Hell Fire

2. Dead ICU= Paradise

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I personally think you are a ********* headed for Hell. But then again, it's just an opinion. You are entitled to yours. I am entitled to mine. :D

Anyways, prepare to see more ICU and TFG Bakhti in the coming days. I can care less about either. Even though I would prefer the TFG to come on top at the end. Individual soldiers from both sides are bugs or paws, if you will.

War hala afdhowro.

[ December 23, 2006, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Originally posted by Mr.Red Sea:

The second picture could be either,howeve,whatever they are,I expected and expect the ICU mujaahiideen to kill and to be killed however,those who die on the side of the ICU have passed away while fighting for good cause,but those who are siding with the Xabashis have died in vain and the torment of hellfire awaits them.

[/QB]

so now you take the place of Allah(SWT) too. Can you generous enough tell us ethiopians how you achieved that?

Can you be merciful to us or you didn't take that part of the job?lol

Liibaan   

Red sea,

Ka waran aduu caqlaba ma lihid,

Soo ma tihid ninkii yidhi somalinimadu waa idol worship

Anuu waxaan ku leeyahay somalilandnimadu fascism and klan worship

Aduu waxaa tahay gaalo dadhilif, waayo wali waxaad ku riyooda gaaladii ingriiska, ku yidhi somalilander baan ahay

Either you are believe somalino or xabashinimo

Xabashi daba dhilif adaa ah, Faisal Waraabe sooma cabsanid, ninkii yidhi soo matihid Faisal waa madaxweynaha Iran oo kale/ acudu bilaah

Faisal walada yaqaan, waa ninkii yidhi wiil Hargeysa ku dhasha iyo wiil a ku dhasha Addis Ababa baa iska xiga oo ikaga dhow, wiilka ku dhasha Mogadishu

Hadey run kaa tahay in aad xabashi kasoo hor jeedi waxaaad ka hadli leheed kuwa Hergeysa iyo Barbara fadhiyasi looga saari lahaa dalka, iyo xabashi dhilif Riyoole iyo militia baad ka hadli leheed, iyo snm iyo jabhadii kale ee dalka burburiyey cadowga xabashi u soo hogaamiyey dalka

Malaa wadaan ogeen in dakada Barbara ee badeecada xabashida oo dhan kasoo dagaan hana qotu cuntu ama hub lagu burburiyo dadkeena iyo dalkeena Somalia

Maadna oran laheen snm (oo ah Ethiopian product) waa freedom fighters

Markaa ninyahow laba wajiilanimada jooji oo ilaaahay ka baq, waxaan u maleenayaa waxaad qabtaa cudur (qabiil naceeb)

Liibaan   

I personally think you are a ********** headed for Hell. But then again, it's just an opinion. You are entitled to yours. I am entitled to mine.

War kani **********ka daran,

Waa danbi in qof ibnu aadana yidhaadu, qofkaasa cadaab kalaya kaasna januu galayaa, taa Illahay subxaanu watacaala bey u taala

Marka red sea, talo hadii aad rabtid Illaahayga weyn u daa arrimahaas, Illahay baa og naftaadu meeshe ee ku danbeenaso

Anuu waxaan qabaa nimanka siyaasiin ah baa masuul ka ah, caruurta iyo dhaniyarda militia laga dhigay ee la waalay ama ha noqdaan kuwa TFG, ICU, ama kuwa somaliaiyo puntland

kuma xukumaya cadaab ama jano

[ December 23, 2006, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]