Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

Great Day in Puntland - African Oil to begin exploring for oil soon!!!

GAAROODI   

unlike you duke, i only come in after work, and i havent been online for couple weeks because of a project. oil...you gotta be kidding me.

Pilgrim   

Not deminishing the obsticles that still ly ahead with the oil exploration, it is good to know that one of the main sources of opposition to the project now appears to have been satisfied that AOC (as operater) are the right company for the job. Range and AOC are different company's than they were 2 years ago - both have new management that have a fresh commitment to Puntland and the project. Once the amended PSA has been approved by parliament and signed off by Pres Farole, mobilisation and drilling can get underway.

Does anyone know when parliament will be meeting to discuss the amended PSA?

UZTAAD   

pilgrim , when it is expected the this oil to material I mean how long will it take to produce oil there in your estimation ?

N.O.R.F   

^It is at exploration stage. Once oil has been confirmed the process will depend on the expertise of the Oil company, available capital, security etc. Extracting oil in war torn country will take longer than in say Europe.

^^^ you are right but they know wher to drill. Pilgrim the idea is To bring it to parlimet soon, I will update you soon. The media Somali one has not been quite thus far.

Pilgrim   

I was hearing over the weekend GD.

If the oil is confirmed in any quantity UZTAAD, there will be plenty of money poured into the region to develop it.

Pilgrim   

If I was easily offended, I would expect compensation for my whole family, for the offence you have caused by calling me 'lad'.

I am a PHD applicant with taxi driving experience...please don't mess with me.