Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

What are you doing to help them???

Khayr   

Salamz,

yes some of you are feeling angry and a little uneasy at the events occuring in the middle east.

Not to forget not to long ago, afghanistan was in a similiar situation and alot of muslims were silent about that situation.

Why the change?

Could it be because this time around you see a classmate of yourz or a co-worker disagreeing on the U.S. Bombing campaign b/c they haven't found any weapons of 'Mass Destruction'. So if they did and they were Bombing them, I bet your neighbour would be all a OK for it and wouldn't care if there were innocent children and women being slaughtered. The kuffar all think alike.

But anyways, so enough of the bickering and the cussing.

What are you nomads prepared to do to help your muslim brothers and sisters?

My honest opinion is that most of you won't do

sh%t b/c you really don't care unless your own immediate family is being slaughtered.

You know the real helping starts with working on yourself.

"Allah does not change the condition of a people untill they change what is within themselves"

Be tougher on yourself then ever before b/c afterall YOU ARE YOUR WORST ENEMY.

Read more quran then you have ever done so and increase your ibadha.

You have to inshallah work hard to build your Iman and Taqwa.

Be aware of every little thing you do.

e.g. Washing the dishes, not arguing with your mother, cleaning the bathroom, making all your salats on time are many examples that we often ignore their reprecussions.

If you know another mumin is in need of assistance, try to dig deep inside of yourself and find ways to help them financially, emotionally etc. You could be helping by being aware that by strenghting yourself and home, that you intend to soon inshallah become financially stable enough to help them financially. (But if you've been saying that for the past few yrs. then you are fooling yourself and not helping anyone).

When purchasing products try to give your money to muslim businesses (even if at times they might cost more). If your niyah is right, inshallah Allah will certainely compensate you.

So the next time someone asks you What you are doing to help the Iraqi people, you can give them a concrete answer, inshallah!

'A STRONG BELIEVER IS STRONGER ON THE DEVIL THAN A 1000 MEN'

Excellent advice walaal. You know what, I was wondering about the same thing when Afganistan was being bombed how every1 stayed quite. N' now with Iraq, I've noticed that non-muslims are outnumbering the muslims in demostrations n' such yet again. Even on our campus, some of the pple organizing events n' workshops are from atheist orgs. What are we so afraid of? Enuff said.

What am I going to do to help them? A number of things Insha Allah. I'm going to make sure I let my voice be heard by participating in the numerous outgoing rallies around here, maybe hit Chicago soon. But most importantly, I believe this situation encouraged me to reflect more on my deen. Obviously, there's always improvements to be made. N' ofcourse I'll always continue my prayers for my people/Ummah.