Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Range Resources to bury Toxic Waste in Nugaal and Calmadow?

^^^ The agenda of the ignorant.. No need to take some here seriously they are just blowing with the wind. But the source of the story is well known Shabbele, i.e. the mouth piece of the gangsters and occupeirs of lower shabbele..

Thankful   

Don't even bother responding to this nonsense. Same exact people every time! First they tried to get people to listen by making the headlines "Range owned my Zionists", but when the Jewish card didn’t work, they decided to go with this ridiculous accusation. Even though practically every other leader in Somali history has been accused of this, I thought they'd make up something more original then the same old tired toxic waste dumping story. I can't wait to see when this one fails, what they'll come up with next.

Sophist   

Art, I don't think this true but it does not mean that Range et all is not the sort of company that will bring honey to our much needy people! for the love of god they are worth (or atleast when they got themselves involved in Puntland) a mere 20 million and they are a minning company and canmex is a minning company too. What business have they got in Oil? I know because Dilaal ayey noqonahayaan!

art   

Sophist, canmex is more than just a mining company. Have a look at the background of canmex and especially the people behind it. Furthermore, i believe Jay Parks has worked on a PSA together with the local authorities to ensure that the puntland government receive respectable royalties.

my somalian is not that good, but could you tell me what "Dilaal ayey noqonahayaan" means

Sophist   

Brokers! I know that there is a An Advisory group who is pidding now PSAG SA (Swiss company) their offer is much better than that of Range et all. I know this because I have seen the proposal letter (1 billion US granteed money to build the infrastructure before even Oil is extracted! impressive things really). Range and Canmex are not capable to give such grantees; they want to give out tenders to potential oil giants-- that is only good for Range not for the people of Somalia. I assure you this will not go any further; the people will wake up to this daylight robbery.

What respectable royalties; they have yet to sign a profit sharing agreement with the TFG and Puntland--- which will not get done as the people will wake up to this.

Sophist   

Art, this is a share holding thing for you. The only resources we have (the human capital is nothing to speak of) in our plighted Somalia and now some cowboy Australia want to enrich themselves with the help of few greedy but easily satiable somali individuals?

We can't stand by matey. Every single Somali have the moral duty to resist this deal to go through-- by the help of Allag we shall.

Paragon   

:D I see my friend, The General Leach back to his old habits, the same old daba-dhilifleyn. I am often reminded of the likes of The General Leach when I read the colonial history of Africa. I can picture half-naked Africans waiting in bays and ports awaiting for the White Master's feet to touch the ground so that they could kiss it. These men had the inferiority complex and an added natural disposition to please other men, from whites to rich and powerful men. So The General Leach, your syndrome is not new in the history of servitude, if anything, the only thing that is is the emergence of Warlordism, whose Bosses you have served so well. Now, although I wouldnt suggest you know anything about Cade, because you are so busy laying the red carpet for his next visit to London, but I would suggest, you think-for the first time ahead of yourself- because this Boss of yours and his dodgy Range Resources, are out of luck. Search for another Boss to serve before it is too late. As Somalis say Bakeyle intuu bur ku jiruu bur deydeydaa, so apply the same philosophy.

On the other point of toxic waste, the accusations come from within Puntland my man. Ramaas Political Party isn't really a mogadishu based party is it? Nor did I add a word of mine to the accusation. It is also your brothers in Boosaaso who are making the accusations. C'mon now, atleast be consistant. You are a clannist so stick with it and praise your fellow clansmen even when they state the truth. Fabrication? :D Nah, you dont get it! Never ever will, probably. Example:For months people, thousands in their numbers, saw Ethiopians in Somalia. Yet all the time you claim -no Ethiopians in Somalia! You called it fabrication! And that makes your view worthless to me.

Paragon   

art, I am sorry mate. The Puntland entity has really got Range Resources by the balls. Why? Because, culturally, no clan leader can give you that which belongs to another. This is a basic denominator in all Somali dealings. Cade is amassing wealth for his sub-sub-clan and as long as companies like Range Resources are willing to give money in advance - most probably because they lack knowledge in how Somalis deal with each other - he would maintain that there exist a state called Puntland, capable of entering contractual agreements with foreign companies. To be quite honest, the entity that is Puntland is purely based on perceived interest of clans that have a common ancestor. The day that percieved interest in commonality disappears, each clan will look after its own interests. That is the raw fact here. But since Cade himself isn't well-informed of Somali customs and laws (Xeer), which has made him bad-mouth other clans on several occassions, expect worse from the deal. Now he has gone beyond bad-mouthing elders of certain clans and decided to sell their land without their knowledge and consultation. Whatever happens, I am sure a deal done with Cade is a deal lost.

So art, my advice is sell your shares while you still have time. Because as things are going, you may end up wasting all your shares on speculative future gains. Think about it, do you want to lose your nest-egg in investing in risky ventures such as this one? Range Resources is selling you and many others dreams; dreams that are bound to turn nightmares. Mark my words, nightmares.

I see my friend, The General Leach back to his old habits, the same old daba-dhilifleyn

My dear friend you a parasite who lives on other people and I am literally speaking. Your pretences on the web do not wash with me, your stance is not about religion, or about nationalism. So watch what you say..

I repeat there is nothing that you could ever do to Puntland other than make some of us laugh..