Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Where would any possible fighting between Puntland and ICU play out?

Gabbal   

Bandiiradley is the town for control.

Sedex Xiglo is where the ICU is supposedly based.

Dagaari is where Puntland is supposedly based.

Gelinsoor is where any possible fighting will at least reach while Cadaado has a high probability of seeing any clashes.

Most of Abdi Qeybdiid's forces are based in Laan Waaley although I could not locate it in this map.

Any possible clash will see a gurmad for the Courts from the towns of Cadaado, Dhuusa-Mareeb, Guri-Ceel, Hobyo and Ceel-Buur. Strong support will arrive from Hiiraan to Mogadishu. Those around Buur-Hakabo and the Jubba Regions will most likely stay put in their designated areas.

Abdi Qeybiid will most likely receive gurmad from Bandiiradley to Af-Barwaaqo while those in Wisil and surrounding countryside might have divided loyalty between Abdi-Qeybdiid and the Court of Hobyo.

Puntland will obviously see gurmad from Buurtiinle, Jeeribaan, Bacaadweyn, from Gaalkacyo to Boosaaso, and areas as far as Laas Caanood to Laas Qorey. Provided the rumours are wrong, the Reserved Area will go to Puntland and, if they succeed in making the issue tribal, might see support from Western Galgaduud and Galdogob. The bulk of Puntland's back-up, however, rests with Ethiopian support.

map.jpg

Abwaan   

I think this explains a lot about what is going on around that area, just like to correct that the loyalty for Abdi Khayrdiid will be devided even from Bandiiradley to Afbarwaaqo, not only Wisil and its surroundings.

and here is a picture taken recently from Bandiiradleey. I know some of you might have been expecting daaro iyo dukaammo but this shot is from the water well.