Sign in to follow this  
Chief_Aaqil

Solution for Somalia/Somaliland

Do you think if Somaliland/Somalia would develop a common foreign policy and even shared embassies(like the Nordic countries), this could be a possible solution.

In this way each country could handle its domestic issue's seperate and we could work on cooperating slowly to the 5 Somali's(Somalia, Somaliland, Djibouti, NFD and Western-Somali region). And Somaliland would have to comprise by not having its seperate foreign policy at the same time keeping its indepedance.

I offer this as possible solution. Because I noticed that the biggest reason why Somali people are against Somaliland, is because they fear that foreign powers could divide Somali's. And by having a common foreign policy, common ambassadors and embassies you would ensure that we stand united to the outside world, and handle our own issue's domesticly seperate. In this way the 5 Somali regions could work together. And the dream young people had in 1960 could come true.

What do you think?

1.jpg

Have you noticed that all the Somali flags have the 5 star. So the dream of cooperation is still alive.

The star represents the unity between the Somali people where ever they are. solidarity between Somali's.

Djibouti

Djibouti-Flag.gif

Somalia

somalia-flag2.gif

Western-Somalia

et%7Dogade.gif

Somaliland

Somaliland-Flag.gif

South-Western Somalia(NFD)

500px-Flag_of_Southwestern_Somalia.svg.p

Puntland

puntland-flag.jpg

Cowke   

Somalia is heading toward self-management through federation. Similar to the u.k system not similar to the scanadenevian system.

Federation is not much different. Each state manages his own zone whilst we participate in the capital of the nation and stand united to the international community.

Thats the whole point of federation because it is something all somalis can agree upon unless of course they have "hidden agenda" and if they do well it will hurt them more then it will hurt anyone else.

no, my point is not a federation bu independant countries which work or have a common foreign policy. in this way you could accomodate Djibouti, Somaliland and Wester Somalia when they get independant from Ethiopia.

But actually my dream was about 5 Somali regions and the 5 star. Puntland was not part of my dream nor part of the 5 star. What shall we do with Puntland?

Duufaan   

Caaqil

why the star of your flag black? I did not got it. it look so different the rest.All other flags have white star, except Jabuuti with red star which make sense.

Too much talk, It is better your poeple should countain a corner even if that means indepedent country.

Amistad   

From on outsider looking in the solution seems easy enough. You may find it oversimplified, silly

and it might anger you but just think about it for one minute.

First recognize you are all Somalis, and one people who all want the same end goal. Peace, security & stability. This would require ENDING clan/tribal rivalries. I know, big step there. It seems that if a true Somali leader would step forward, that he/she could somehow rally the people for this support. I think the Somali Diaspora would strongly support that idea.

Second, combine Somaliland & Puntland to form Somalia. Invite the TFG, they leave Mog and Mog falls into Al Shabab hands. Big deal, what is there anyway? Combine all three governmental authorities to form one government in a power sharing deal. This would accomplish a few things. Instant recognition which would enhance and invite world business and foreign government help promoting the economic system and stability. Enhanced security as now you have all three separate forces combined, and a serious force to deter further Al Shabab attacks. Ends piracy, and promotes stabilization.

Third, your line in the sand is just north of Mog. Al Shabab and others may hold that ground for now, but with your new security and combined forces they could easily be rooted out, as only the top one quarter of Shabab are real idealogical fighters and they would quickly loose their foothold.

Originally posted by Duufaan:

Caaqil

Too much talk, It is better your poeple should countain a corner even if that means indepedent country.

What do you mean by this?

Originally posted by Amistad:

From on outsider looking in the solution seems easy enough. You may find it oversimplified, silly

and it might anger you but just think about it for one minute.

First recognize you are all Somalis, and one people who all want the same end goal. Peace, security & stability. This would require ENDING clan/tribal rivalries. I know, big step there. It seems that if a true Somali leader would step forward, that he/she could somehow rally the people for this support. I think the Somali Diaspora would strongly support that idea.

Second, combine Somaliland & Puntland to form Somalia. Invite the TFG, they leave Mog and Mog falls into Al Shabab hands. Big deal, what is there anyway? Combine all three governmental authorities to form one government in a power sharing deal. This would accomplish a few things. Instant recognition which would enhance and invite world business and foreign government help promoting the economic system and stability. Enhanced security as now you have all three separate forces combined, and a serious force to deter further Al Shabab attacks. Ends piracy, and promotes stabilization.

Third, your line in the sand is just north of Mog. Al Shabab and others may hold that ground for now, but with your new security and combined forces they could easily be rooted out, as only the top one quarter of Shabab are real idealogical fighters and they would quickly loose their foothold.

Somalis dont like simple solutions. Rather we fight to the death for what we think or belief, then make logicical calculations. Why would otherwise somali's fight the past 30 years?