Sign in to follow this  
zynab

africa

Asalamu Alaykum

I hear what you are saying SoSoDeaf. So many Somali youth are lost due to our migration to places like Canada and the United States. But one thing we can not do to our confused brothers and sisters is criticize them for it. That will not help the problem, but what we can do is offer our ear. Some youth of today need someone that will listen to them before judging them. Like the late Mr. Shakur said.."Only god can judge me". So we mustn't judge anyone.

I think what SoSoDeaf was saying is that in our new society, we as a community must take the positive aspects of the western society and merge into our own, while at the same time omitting the negative ones. I think the only way we are going to prosper as a community is the day we forget the minor "things" that separate us and look at all the common values and characteristics which we all share as Somalis. Please ponder on that for a moment.

Ma'Salama everyone!

thankyou somali brother

that is what i meant, my bad if i sounded like i was criticizing my fellow youth, i didn't mean too, thankyou for making it a short statement and straight to the point! me with my analogies and stories, lol, cool stuff,

that is what we need to do, look to the positive and resources offered here in the states and canada, i mean there is soo much out there! and i believe we can do it! as the saying goes, 'where there is a will there is a way'!

thank you again, and if anyone thought i dissed people, i do apologize!

Asalamu Alaykum,

SoSoDeaf, I, by all means, wasn't implying that, you out of all people, were criticizing anyone. Let me just apologize and say that I was speaking in a general way. I just wanted to let everyone know what we shouldn't do, for future reference that is. I just wanted to clear that up.

P.S. I enjoy reading your analogies and stories.lol

Tisbah Ala Kayr,

Somali Brother