Sign in to follow this  
raadamiir

The Remainants Of ICU Protest In Mogdishu!!!

--------------------------------------------------

MOGADISHU (AFP) - Hundreds of demonstrators have filed through Mogadishu to protest the presence of Ethiopian troops and a planned deployment of African peacekeepers in the lawless nation.

As they marched through the streets of southern Mogadishu Friday, some 600 demonstrators warned that Somalia, which has been ravaged by internecine violence for the past 16 years, would be a "graveyard" for the planned 8,000-strong peacekeeping force.

"We are against any kind of foreign military intervention and we are ready to fight them," Mohamed Farah Nur, one of the organisers of the protest that began shortly after midday Friday prayers, said.

"Somalia will be your graveyards," the crowd chanted in a rare non-violent demonstration seen in the Somali capital.

Mogadishu has seen a rise in violence since the arrival of a joint Somali-Ethiopian force late December when they toppled a then powerful Islamist movement which has since vowed to wage a guerrilla-style insurgency.

The protestors burned US, Ugandan and Ethiopian flags along the streets.

So far, the AU has been able to secure troop pledges for an African force from Uganda and Nigeria, with Malawi, which earlier pledged it would deploy, saying a final decision is yet to be made.

The Islamists, who abandoned several of their strongholds in central and southern Somalia, have disintegrated into clan militia, with many opposing the government, based in the backwater town of Baidoa, and its Ethiopian backers.

President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed has pledged a national reconciliation conference to heal rifts in the country torn apart by years of anarchic bloodletting.

Somalia, home to 10 million people, has lacked an effective central authority since the 1991 ouster of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre that plunged the country into chaos.

Source: AFP, Feb 09, 2007

Those who are protesting are the people who benefited from the chaos and anarchy of the last16 years and would like to continue having their feasts every Friday at the expense of the rest of the country. Nothing personal, but 600 out of two million and you want to convince me that they are nothing but the remainants of the ICU!!!It is not an uprising but it has all the ear marks of those who kidnapped the country and kept it hostage for the Last 16 years.

PS: I think TFG should have arrested these 600 protesters; actually they are the ones causing havoc in our capital.

NGONGE   

Arrest for a peaceful protest? Better still, the TFG should hang them in public to teach a lesson to all the troublemakers that have destroyed Somalia in the past 16 years. :D

Don't your comment have all the 'ear marks' (sic) of someone in support of dictatorships?

Ps

You don’t have to reply. It was a throwaway comment. Just toying with you.

The TFG hasn't been around for 16 years, So what are you talking about?

ps:The wadaads and the War-lords were cousins.

Both of them no longer rule a bit of Mogdishu nor anywhere else in Somalia.

Somalia has been librated by the leader they eletected the 10th of october in 2004. And we are great-full.

Raadamiir just say it it's tribe world and that tribe have destroyed our country. No one can deny that, but please don't say wadaado baa dhulkii haleeyey.

Fabregas   

The wadaads kept somalia on it's feet for the last 16 years..............

Somalis never elected any leader

The warlords are the cousins and brothers of T.F.G..........

me   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

quote:Originally posted by me:

^^^xabashis thanking each other
:D

LOL, would be nice if they were Xabashis, waa ********** kuwaan.
Folks like this are no better then xabashis, waa ******** iyo **********.

[ February 11, 2007, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

I have felt in my very blood, ever since I was born, a most unconquerable hatred towards the whole tribe of fools, and it arises from the fact that I feel myself a blockhead whenever I am in their company.

Giacomo Casanova

You and I will not be united get loss XoogSade and Me