Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Election Fever Too Much For Rayaale

Election Fever Too Much For Rayaale

Monday, 21 June 2010 17:45

Hargeisa(Horn) -The incumbent president and the ruling party’s candidate Dahir Rayale Kahin, baffled his supporters in Borama last week, when he apparently couldn’t know which day was it as he was addressing the public.

As he began his speech, the president thanked the people of Borama and Awdal in general asking them to vote for him in the next week’s Election Day. “I am aware you’ve gathered in this hot sunny day and that it is almost time for the main Friday prayers, but I just want to say that I am thankful for you all” the president said, not knowing it was Tuesday.

The president realized his mistake after a senior official next to him whispered correcting him into his ear, and he awkwardly corrected himself, saying that was just a slip of a tongue.

Though it seemed so, however, some of the observers of the campaign rallies have confirmed that it was intentional and he did not know which day was it. This is because, they said, of the fierce challenge from the opposition parties his party has been facing recently, which the president noticed just lately.

http://www.geeska.net/english/somaliland/66-election-fever-too-much-for-rayaale.html