Sign in to follow this  
Salafi_Online

Live In Canada? Please Enter ! if not Enter anyways! We do need your help!

By the Mercy of Allaah, the Majestic and the Sublime, we are pleased to announce the grand opening of our new Islaamic store. Located in Toronto, Canada - The store hosts a wide range of quality Islaamic products.

BEFORE front_sm.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

reverseview3_sm.jpg

cds_sm.jpg

showcase_sm.jpg

Latest Designs in Men's Thobes

thobes_sm.jpg

newbooks_sm.jpg

Islaamic 'Toys R Us'

overview_sm.jpg

kidstoys_sm.jpg

And those who give that (their charity) which they give (and also do other good deeds) with their hearts full of fear, because they are sure to return to their Lord (for reckoning).†[sooratul-Mu‘minoon 23:60]

al-Hamdulilaah, Basic renovation plans have been paid for, construction is under way, however, we need your assistance after the help of Allaah, ar-Razaaq, to complete these essential changes:

Build the Wudhoo Areas / Washrooms: | Carpet The Masjid, library, offices and store | Stock the Library, Create 'E-Library' & Audio Lounge

For those interesting lending a hand to help establish a house of Allah in Toronto Canada, Inshallah PM me! even if it is one Dollar it shall go a long away, Allah tabaarakallahu wa ta'ala shall indeed reward those who spend in his cause!

for futher info visit www.troid.org or contact us at, info@troid.org

Khidr As Somali

DraGon   

Brother are you a member of Troid??

The reason am asking, this group is or was perceived to be controversial/misguided by most Muslims in Toronto, correct me if am wrong,I know for a fact alot of Masjids have disassociated and stop cooperating with Troid. Khalid bin walid being the first one.

Couple of years ago I attended a weekend of meeting organized by Troid at Salaahudin masjid in Scarborough and on the second day the Imam of masjid cancelled the meeting for what was said the previous day. Now I was one of the brothers who confronted the Imams for his decision.

As a result I visited Troid office in weston to lend some support, but after having a discussion with one of the brothers--a convert--I was not impressed at all to say the least.

What concerned me the most, was, most of the members if not all were reverts to Islam and yet they were challenging and Isolating themselves from the rest of the main stream muslims. The reason according to the brother was the rest were simply wrong and traditional in Islam. Now this was two years ago things might have changed.

As-salaam ’alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa baraakatuh,

A brief History The Reign of Islaamic Da’wah’, Toronto, Canada

The Early Years

In 1996 a group of zealous young Muslims began to give da’wah in the streets of Toronto. This small yet essential da’wah effort progressed to become ‘The Reign of Islaamic Da’wah Centre.’ We are a diverse, multi-ethnic group of young brothers and sisters who volunteer our time, wealth and skills to spread pure Islaam through various mediums to the Muslims and the non-Muslims.

Our efforts in street da’wah almost eight years ago resulted in countless people embracing Islaam by the will of Allaah. We rented a small facility which became the first da’wah centre in Toronto, Canada. We had very limited resources at the time; 300-400 audio cassettes, a tape dubbing machine, a few books and a phone line. We struggled and strove in the path of Allaah and al-hamdulillaah; we managed to collect enough money to print 30,000 da’wah leaflets. This massive project resulted in countless new Muslims by the grace of Allaah, the All-Mighty. Many of these young reverts became strong in their religion and joined this noble da’wah effort.

As the community grew, so did the need for a larger facility and a wide range of Islaamic projects evolved. In order to pave the way for the Muslims to continue their Islaamic development; ‘aqeedah classes, Arabic lessons, a book and tape store, counselling and other social services would need to be made available. In 1997, the da’wah centre relocated to a much larger location in a bustling area. The new facility included a sisters section, structured classes, not to mention daily da’wah services and an open door for all people, Muslims and non-Muslims alike to learn about the true Religion of Islaam. We sought and achieved registered non-profit status with the government of Canada in 1998.

Another landmark was reached in 1998 with the help of Allaah, the All-Powerful and the efforts of a few Muslims. We managed to distribute 50,000 leaflets entitled ‘20 Questions about Islaam’ in addition to 600 audio cassettes. The leaflets were intended to call the non-Muslims to Islaam, a supplement to the already successful ‘tawheed’ pamphlet. To our joy, these leaflets were inspirational to the Muslims and became an instrumental tool in calling the Muslims in our community to the sunnah. As the da’wah increased so did the necessary activities. Da’wah was established in the prisons, Friday Prayer and Islaamic classes in schools and universities, counselling services were freely available and lectures and seminars were established. At this juncture, the da’wah centre had evolved full-circle in the service of da’wah to the Muslims and the non-Muslims.

In June of 1998, the da’wah centre investigated the potential of creating a website to present the services of the centre and our da’wah pamphlets. This small project grew to become the face of the da’wah centre. Through time, troid.org has emerged from a single web page to become one of the largest Islaamic knowledge base on the internet. During the last three years, articles and audio cassettes have been consistently published online for the benefit of the entire world. This became a global da’wah platform which allowed us to present the writings and recordings of the Scholars and their students to the masses. At present, we have over 500 articles and over 200 audio streams online. This translates to over 2000 megabytes of data making it the largest known salafee website online. The site has seen over half a million visitors in its 3½ year existence. Currently an average of 1600 people visit the site each day and an average of 3500 pages are viewed daily.

The Separating of 'Ahlul-Bid'ah wal-hizbiyyah' from Ahlus-Sunnah

In 1999 entered, the salafiyyeen in Canada encountered the fitnah that had faced our brothers in England some years before, the fitnah of tamyee’, closet-Qutbism and overall opposition to the usool of ad-da’watus-salafiyyah. It was at this juncture, amidst the confusion of the callers to Innovation that the centre made a clear mawqif to make our allegiance to the noble Scholars of ahlus-sunnah wal-jama’aah such as Shyakh Rabee’ Ibn Haadee, Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, Shaykh ‘Ubayd al-Jaabiree and other than them from Scholars of this ummah. The tapes of ‘ulamaa and the tullaabul-‘ulamaa were emphasised in direct opposition the mumayyee cries for ‘bringing the issues of the scholars of Canada (wallaahul-musta’aan)’ or ‘Shaykh Rabee’ doesn’t have time for these issues!’.

It was during this year that our noble brothers from ‘waseelatus-salafiyyah’ in America were kind enough to visit us and advise us towards righteousness and piety. So, our noble brother, Kashif Khan al-Bataanee made many affairs clear to us and directed us to strengthen our ties with the trusted du’aat in the West such as our brother and elder, Aboo Uways ‘Abdullaah Ahmad, Aboo Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Waahid from Salafi Publications, Aboo Talhah Daawood Burbank (from the first of men to propagate salafiyyah in the West) and other than them. Our eyes were opened to the pathways to knowledge, we began to contact the ‘ulamaa and their students and continued to propagate their writings and speech upon the internet despite the angry insults of the hidden hizbiyyeen whom Allaah was exposing day by day. It was at this point that the centre began to solidify its direction and subsequently many of those who had diseases in their hearts, love of fame, hatred for the ‘Ulamaa and guised disdain for the salafee da’wah began to separate and called others to separation. And as had preceded many years before in England, a clear separation occurred between those who desired to be with the ‘Ulamaa and those who desired to oppose them and by Allaah, this was a barakah from Allaah, an aid to the da’wah and a light upon the path of salafiyyah, the da’wah of the noble Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).

Hugh Gains (wal-hamdulilaah) as Ahlus-Sunnah in Toronto strive forth upon clear salafiyyah

Between 1999-2003, due to the abandonment of the financial support of many of the people (because to their disapproval of the direction of the centre – sticking firmly to the ‘Ulamaa and abandoning the personalities in the city who were separating the people from the scholars), the centre was moved to a smaller office, wal-hamdulilaah this only strengthened the brotherhood and increased the firmness of the community upon salafiyyah, and increased our hatred for shaqsiyyah and tamyee’. Despite the small facility (no larger than the average bedroom), the classes increased, the tele-links became more frequent and the emergence of TROID Publications (now with 6 books published) expanded the scope of the centre’s projects. This was a period of tasfiyah wat-tarbiyah for the community, a sign from Allaah that those who wish the spread this noble da’wah will be faced with trial upon trial. al-hamdulilaah, the community persevered, organising as many initiatives as possible; telephone lectures with some of the ahlul-ilm and du’aat in the West, the ‘eedayn were established, knowledge days, a class on thalaathatul-usool and tajweed. During this testing time, the salafiyyeen were not swayed by the siyyasah of ahlul-bid’ah, remaining firm upon the path of salafiyyah, not concerning themselves with the mockery of partisan ones. It was a ‘new beginning’ for the centre, establishing the usool of ad-da’watus-salafiiyah and cleansing the community of the years of shubuhaat at the hands of ahlul-hizbiyyah in our city. In striving to bridge the gap between the awaam and ahlul-ilm, we were graced by Allaah to be able to successfully host two seminars in Toronto with our beloved Shaykh, Fawzee al-Atharee from Bahrain. In the first and second seminar we had al-'Allaamah Zayd al-Madkhalee and Shaykh Yahyaa al-Hajooree from Yemen via tele-link, respectively.

The Present

Today, in 2004, the da’wah centre continues to grow in its activities. By the Grace of Allaah, a new facility has been opened which is more than thirty times the size of the previous location and will enable ahlus-sunnah to host the salaawat, khutbatul-jumu’ah, duroos, tele-links and various other events, free from tribulation, insha'Allaah. Truly this is a great success, a blessing from Allaah and a testament to the hard work of the local and international community. We thank Allaah, the giver of Mercy for this great blessing, we thank our noble brothers and sisters for their du'aa and their support and we ask Allaah to plant our feet firm upon this noble salafee manhaj, ever-loving to please and obey Allaah, clinging firmly to the kibaarul-'ulamaa - the inheritors of the Prophets, always hating innovation and it's callers.

Your brothers at ‘The Reign Of Islaamic Da’wah’

Dragon, Masjid SalaaHadeen, which i use to attend for ten years, and Khalid Bin Walid, (the imam is a close family friend, excluding me) are as they were when they first start! A decade has gone by and they remain as such! I believe Salaahadeen, a brother from Madinah, a guyanese brother, is lecturing there now! Cant recall his name!(could be wrong though, i havent been there in a while)

and now by the grace of Allah, we established our publication and website known WORLDWIDE!!!!!

and truly Allah was true in his words!

" O you who believe! If you help Allâh, He will help you, and make your foothold firm."( 47:7)

You said they were reverts?

na'm some of the brothers are reverts, but this did not dimish their love for this deen! i put forward an example; i know two brothers who have been muslim for over 3 years now, mashallah they possess great knowledge! Truly Allah guides whom he wishes!

and how beautiful are the words of the most High!

" Truly they were young men who believed in their Lord and We increased them in guidance". Suratul Kahf 18:13

you wrote

"The reason am asking, this group is or was perceived to be controversial/misguided by most Muslims in Toronto"

This statement is rather far-fetched, The Muslims In toronto comprise of many factions, from shiaism, sufism, Ahmadeyism...and the beat goes on...

nevertheless, lets assume your statement is true, then we refer back to Hadith of the messenger of Allah(saw)!

The Saved Sects revives the Sunnah of the Messenger in their act of worship, behavior and lifestyles. And due to this, they become strangers among their own people, as the Prophet has informed us would happen with his words: "Indeed Islam began as something strange and it will return to being strange as it began. So give glad tiding to the strangers."

So who are the Ghuraba in Toronto YA Dragon?

ban_troid.gif

DraGon   

Sxb personnally I dont really pay attention to all these groups....salafi, ahlul suna or whatever...neither do I support any. If you read well I told you of attending a conference organized by Troid.

It was after the incident in Salahuudin that I found out how Troid was perceived by the rest of the Muslims communtiy. You see I dont care what the comminity says about you or any other organization for that matter, it seems every organization/group is accusing the other one way or the other. I mostly go to Taric mosques and alot has been said about Taric especially by Khalid bin walid masjid. Therefore accusations against any organization does not hold water with me.

My judgement toward Troid is based on my observation and discussion with members of Troid.

Bro I dont follow any Masjid or neither consider myself to belong to this or that group, simply put I am a Muslim.

I told you about my concern with Troid, not that i really care even though I have my own suspicion, based on what I know and found and fyi its not about religious issue. God knows my Islamic knowledge is soo limited.

Salaan...

I once--in about three years ago--read an intriguing printed e-mails exchanged by Khaalid bin Waliid and this TROID organization. The proponents were Afras Barqash (I call him that, though it is Baksh) from Khaalid and a senior member on behalf of TROID. I was surprised. The e-mails contained the wildest insults and furthest allegations beyond that you would think those were truck-drivers, iska dhaafee wadaado surwaalgaabtay.

And I still remember at the same time one vivid Friday khudba that same Afras Barqash was on the podium, very emotional and appealing and refuting those who were accusing him some allegations he said he had never said. Alas half of congregants who were there at that particular Friday khudba had no idea what he was talking about. I too wouldn't had I not read the exchanged e-mails prior.

Both of those Islamic organizations on the surface seem undistinguished, and I still can't distinguish what are their inner squabbling about.

Anyway, when I saw this, it reminded me the years back then and I thus went both of their websites now and searched each regarding the other, the Khaalid site doesn't have any archives about TROID; however TROID does have regarding about Khaalid and here is the part of e-mail I read and what that khudba based on:

"The first question is in regards to the disgusting, erroneous jargon sputtered from the mouth of Afraaz Baksh in which the hizbee lied, 'Let’s look at Shaykh Ahmad Ibn Hanbal... We refer him and we defend him; he is the Imaam of Ahlus-Sunnah but how many times you can prove him, I am not to prove him, the ‘Ulamaa can prove him that he (Imaam Ahmad) has went away from Ahlus-Sunnah in aspects of ‘Aqeedah.' (Note: this is a direct audible quote from Baksh himself, the grammatical errors belong to him. He speaks with broken English as anyone who has seen his book would have noticed.)"

Some more I found:

"Regarding the wretched Hizbee masjid, Khaalid Ibnul-Waleed, Hasan as-Sumaalee {Soomaali} stated, 'Munajjid is on their site...the Imaam of this masjid...he is at war with the manhaj of the salaf, criticizes the ‘Ulamaa.. he is far from the Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama’ah. I listened to one of the people of this masjid (Afraaz Baksh) and he stated that Imaam Ahmad made mistakes in manhaj! Imaam Ahmad has no mistakes in manhaj. I went to Shaykh Muqbil myself and he said the hizbees are liars! Likewise from them you see members of al-Itihaad (Qutbee, Surooree Neo-Khaarajees) who kill Muslims (in Somalia). They are at war with ‘Ahlus-Sunnah. This is a masjid of hizbiyyah. The brothers at TROID phoned Shaykh Rabee’, Ignore these people and continue with the da’wah. These people will continue upon hizbiyyah. You hear them claim the sunnah and yet they spread the tapes of the people of innovation. I heard one say ‘Bashir is the muhaddith of Canada’, who appointed him as this? Where is your ijaazah? Come and produce it, there are no scholars in the west. Why would he be elevated, so that he would be listened to… everyone is a Shaykh, masha’Allaah, Canada has hundreds of mashaykh. Why? To keep you in darkness... don’t give him knowledge. Even if you bring them tapes of the haqq, they reject it, why? Because they are their people."

You might also find some message by Khaalid masaajid that is equally offensive.

This is one of the reasons surwaalgaab waa hore warkooda iska dhaafay. They are extremely intolerant to one another and bicker the slightest differences. Khaalid masaajid doesn't sell books by Siraaj Wahaaj and some notable North American Islamic scholars, including Xamsa Yuusuf. I can understand in the case of Xamsa, but Siraaj?

Ilaahey ha u wada gargaaro wadaadadeen. Hadeeba iyaga saan yihiin, maxaa noo dhiman.