Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Pride the fuel of disblief!

Curly   

I thought this would be of interest to you all, especially those who use this section regularly.

The messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

“Four things are among my followers from the traditions of Jahiliyah (the ignorant state of mind before the prophet was sent) which will not leave; pride of lineage, slandering kinship, use of astrology for rain and wailing.â€

(Reported by Muslim from Abu Malik Al-Ash’ariy)

The messenger of Allah (SAW) also said:

“Whoever invites to tribalism, or aids in tribalism and is killed, he dies the death of jahiliyah…he is not of me, and I am not of him.â€

(Reported by Ahmad, Muslim, and Al-Nasaa’iy from Abu Hurairah)

“On the Day of Judgement you will see those who lied in the face of Allah. Their faces will be blackened, is there not in Hell an abode for the proud †-(Al Zumar: 60)

“…But today you shall be recompensed with suffering humiliation because you were prideful in the earth without just cause…†-(Al-Ahqaaf:20)

Remember pride is the fuel of disbelief!

And from pride stems racism!

**I edited the title because this reminder is needed, especially after some of the posts we've had lately**

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Sullen Jazakallah kheiran Walaalo, wadaad or not our people are dogmatic to the bone. Even at such an infantile age (20-25) the nomads know a bit too much about each political antagonist. I never heard of Abdullahi Yusuf, forget Morgan. Yet you have people arguing about his age, as if it is significance. Ina'lillah. I aim my utmost best never to contribute to this side of Somaliaonline. Everyone tries to remain equitable yet deep down I sense extreme dislike. Subhanallah!!!

Rahima   

Sullen Sue,

JZK sister smile.gif . May Allah save us all from such pride.

Silence,

There is no harm in being informed about the future of your homeland and wishing for it that which is best. Islam does not prohibit it, but the issues you have highlighted become relevant when one take sides based on that which our sister has reminded us all of.

Also, don’t assume that all the nomads are of an “infantile†age ;) . Once upon a time I too was shocked at how well versed they were on such issues, and then soon came to realize some were in high school or close to it when the civil war broke out :D - therefore it is only understandable that they follow such issues passionately. No? Not to mention they teach some of us one or two things of relevance as a Somali.

This section gets to me at times, but it allows me to follow the affairs of Somalia to the degree I prefer smile.gif . It provides me with relevant chunks of information (thank-fully mostly in English, Somali just takes so long to read, I know, I hang my head in shame :( ) and allows me to see the differing views of Somalis. Going to other websites means sitting there for a couple of hours, exhausting through the Somali, reading things I couldn’t care any less about and receiving a biased view. Why would I do that, when I can get it all here on SOL :D

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Walaalo Rahima I shall quote you if you don't mind,

There is no harm in being informed about the future of your homeland and wishing for it that which is best. Islam does not prohibit it, but the issues you have highlighted become relevant when one take sides based on that which our sister has reminded us all of.

My point precisely walaal, at whatever time our people enter the medium of debate about political opinions, they dispute and support their tribe/regions rather then looking at the whole picture. Taking part with them I personally think encourages them to argue their point further. So what if you think AY is awesome or that he is cruel, it is not a reason to hate another tribe. The discussion of politics within Somalia ignites revulsion and that is a FACT of life.

This section gets to me at times, but it allows me to follow the affairs of Somalia to the degree I prefer . It provides me with relevant chunks of information (thank-fully mostly in English, Somali just takes so long to read, I know, I hang my head in shame ) and allows me to see the differing views of Somalis. Going to other websites means sitting there for a couple of hours, exhausting through the Somali, reading things I couldn’t care any less about and receiving a biased view. Why would I do that, when I can get it all here on SOL

Ya Rahima, walaalo do spare me the plea. Plenty of news comes from Somalia above all from www.bbc.com. Plus SOL would be the last place I get my news. Like I said you have a punch of infant minded individuals (certain Nomads) who hide behind the word "restructuring" yet mock anyone that goes adjacent to their vital doctrine. All in all, we indulge in politics for personal gains.

P.S. My appology if I've offended you or others. Dhaadku runta ayeey ka xanaqaan, lakiin wa wajiib ina la isku sheega wixii wanag aah. Malin Wacan dhamantiin.

Wa Salam

Xoogsade   

Silence, Your views are not offensive but wholesome. It is better not to discuss somali politics as it has the potential to make one behave like his/her opponent. The most educated among Somalis are simply as bad as the most ignorant Somali person you can find when it comes to tribalism. They are just blind but see themselves as 20/20.

Ra'yigaaga ma xuma. You will be safe if you carry on with your belief. I get tempted too many times to tell some people as it is and then realize, may be I am just like them all too involved in this tribalmania anyway. Marka Sis, you have the best opinion so far. Stick to it.

Rahima   

No offence taken sister smile.gif - couldn’t agree more with you. I don’t consider myself and am very confident in myself that qabiil is of little value in my life and does not hinge on my views (although at times I do worry it may seem as such).

Often I too think some individuals thrive on being objected to, but propaganda irritates me somewhat (irrespective of which quarter regurgitates it). Maybe i should adopt the strategy of Xoogsade and let it be ;)

at whatever time our people enter the medium of debate about political opinions, they dispute and support their tribe/regions rather then looking at the whole picture.

Gotta disagree, I can name a few nomads (from all regions) who I believe remain objective in their discussions. We shouldn’t brush everyone who participates with the same brush. Personally, I feel that the majority of the posters are after the good of all Somalis, only a few are in it for their own biased views. But then again this is my opinion.

Plenty of news comes from Somalia above all from

Sure enough, but they will not report about the progression of my country and not to mention their reports on Somalia and Somalis is a rarity. Everyone has a right to their own opinions I do believe, and personally one thing I like about this forum is the chance to read varying views and developments all across the country. Non-Somali websites rarely report such issues and other Somali websites are in Somali (which like I said takes me a long time to read and sifting through articles I don’t give a rats-*** about).

Nonetheless, it is an opinion, and thank-you for your words smile.gif (there is no need to get angry over that which is true). Rather a Muslim should be grateful when advised- at least that’s how I see it.

Xoogsade   

by Rahima:

Maybe i should adopt the strategy of Xoogsade and let it be
;)

You can say It helps to keep in mind that most are bored individuals playing important in an online dead-end political/tribal discussion board :D

However, If you are a serious person who takes things literally, The tragic outcome is to learn to distrust other somalis because of what you might read in places like these. The lines become blurred and it will be easy for you to connect everyone you consider different/other(from another tribe) to be just like the online character you saw and question their honesty even though they have done nothing wrong to you in real life. Particularly when it is not ONLY one, two, or three individuals but a whole lot different people from different walks of life who seem to harbour the same basic beliefs. You get to wonder....

I think an innocent person should not take part or read regularly Somali Politics. They can surely be corrupted. Qof u Dul qaadan karo Musuqmaasuq iyo Qabaliyad ma jiro. So you either become one of them and get sick or you silently make up your own mind about others and still be like them. Either way, you become a LOSER for sure. I hate to admitt it, but after discussing with somalis for so long, and tolerating their bigotry, I just don't care about Somalia as I used to.

If you hang out with sick people, you are bound to get sick too. That is for sure.

Wiilo   

Tribalism is not even an issue in my daily life, i don't really care, as long as you are Muslim, that is all matters to me, and if u are Somali kaba sii fiican.............

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

Taqwa   

Nonetheless, it is an opinion, and thank-you for your words (there is no need to get angry over that which is true). Rather a Muslim should be grateful when advised- at least that’s how I see it.

Indeed and thank you also.

Thanks for the Hadith's Sister, i think anyone who contribute's regularly in this section would do well to read it and keep it in mind when adopting a position with regards to somali politic's.