Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Shiekh Hassan Aadan Samatar joins the noble cause

Emperor   

I believe Hassan Adan never meant bad, I am sure that was a small slip. He didn't refer exactly to Puntland but said Somalia when a caller from Galkacyo posed that question.

It's just an opinion, his opinion.

RedSea   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^What he said was true, Hargaysa is different from Galkacyu in what way?

Its absolute nonsence and Samatar is nonsence.

:D

Galkacayo is ok place, but please dont' compare to Hargeysa. Tanag u. :cool:

LANDER   

Originally posted by Castro:

^^^^ The irony here is agree with the Generale but for different reasons, of course. Xassan Aadan is wrong in saying Boosaaso is under occupation while Hargeysa isn't. They both are. Yet, as a legendary singer and a Somali, he's entitled to spew his opinion, however wrong.

Generale, you keep telling us the TFG is good and Somalia is not under occupation. We know the TFG is horrible and the country is occupied. Should we tell you to stick to talking about poetry? You too are entitled to your opinions, however outlandish they may be.

Viva Boosaaso and Hargeysa. They both will be liberated soon.

?^

Castro is this a serious post

Castro   

^^^^ Yes, but with a dash of hyperbole. Which part in particular tickled your fancy? Let me guess....

Leave the legend alone. He is one-man show, and all Soomaalis of all walks of life jecel heesihiisa. And what he opined as nin jecel dalkiisa is true, wah. Every daljecel would have said exactly the same thing. Xabashi ayaa gumeysato dhulka Soomaaliyeed badankiis today, directly or not.

Why uu Hargeysa ugu darin, though? I don't know. He might meant Xabashi military presence instead of indirect proxy they do in Hargeysa.

And unlike C/qaadir Jubba -- who likes to say "I don't sing at the weddings because I have some principles" islaweyni daraadeed -- yet does attend parties where the division of Soomaali people are openly encouraged and where separation is a celebration. Not so our cultural living icon, Xasan Aaden Samatar, even xataa thousands of dollars loo balanqaado.

money   

This is twisted and outright misquotations of the legend. I did listen to the interview and he didn't say Boosaaso was under occupation. Someone who called from hargeisa asked him why he didn't come to Hargeisa when he was in Djibouti and Hassan said he will visit Hargeisa next year. Then another caller asked him when he is coming to Mogadishu and he said when the Ethiopian troops leave. Someone from Gaalkacyo asked the same question and Hassan repeated that he will visit Somalia in general when the Ethiopian troops leave. That was what he said. Nothing more , nothing less! AND THAT, TO THE EARS OF A LOT OF SOMALIS WHO ARE STILL SADDENED BY THE MISERY OF STATE COLLAPSE, WARLORDISM, FRATRICIDE, AND ETHIOPIAN OCCUPATION WAS SYMBOLIC MUSIC!

Hassan Aden Samatar ... is a singer... HE is neither a politician, nor intellectual , nor a leader. He is an entertainer and a Somali legend and loves his Somali people and Somali nation (NATION....regardless of fiefdoms).

money   

But again Duke ...do you have a "cause" other than "Yeey"?

aan u soo duceeyno Duke in Allah Ookiyaalahan qabiil ee loo geliyay ka siibo.

I hope one day our prayers would be accepted by the Almighty and our brother Duke's seeing, hearing, reasoning and judgment would be somewhat sound and slightly based on intellectual exercise and objectivity rather than this self-imposed biased and twisted clannish lenses! That is not a lot to ask, so join me to pray for the brother!

We seriously need to pray for the bro and those like him in the Solers community,. His is beyond being chronic clan malady! we gotta have a quick intervention!!