Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

NOW THE ICU IS GONE,,,, WHAT IS NEXT ??

Som@li   

2 and half.

yeah,they may extend as they wish,Geddi and Yusuf can not be trusted. Somaliland may join if they see peace and prosperity in the rest of SOmalia...for now to stay away, the have a point. I am dissappointed though that they didnt mediate between ICU and TFG,they coudl have done something,instead watching kill each other!

May ALlah unite Somalia.

Originally posted by Dabshid:

2 and half.

yeah,they may extend as they wish,Geddi and Yusuf can not be trusted. Somaliland may join if they see peace and prosperity in the rest of SOmalia...for now to stay away, the have a point. I am dissappointed though that they didnt mediate between ICU and TFG,they coudl have done something,instead watching kill each other!

May ALlah unite Somalia.

SOMALIA: SOMALILAND STEPS INTO THE FRAY

Mogadishu, 27 Dec. (AKI) - The unrecognised de facto state of Somaliland, located in the northwest Somalia has entered the widening conflict between Somalia's Ethiopian backed transitional government and the Islamist Union of Islamic Courts (UIC) movement - on the side of the government, the Qatari state news agency reports. Somaliland soldiers are reported to be fighting alongside Ethiopian ones on the Galcayo area front.

The area is under the control of Somalia's neighbouring semi-autonomous Puntland region and former warlord Abdiqueybdid. Somaliland fighters and forces opposed to the UIC on Saturday took the city of Jalinsor, the second to fall to the anti-UIC military alliance after Bandiredley. The alliance is said to comprise Somali and Ethiopian government troops, as well as a loose alliance of Somali, Somaliland, and Punta warlords opposed to terrorism. Critics of the UIC allege it has links to the al-Qaeda terror network - claims the UIC denies.

The Arab League is meeting in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, on Wednesday to discuss the escalating violence in Somalia, which appears to be verging on a civil war threatening to draw in Ethopia's longterm enemy Eritrea on the side of the UIC as well as other powers.

The UN envoy to Somalia, Francois Lonseny Fall, has urged the Security Council to mediate to end the fighting in the war-ravaged country where 2 million people in the centre and south are also suffering the effects of flooding.

The Security Council is due to resume later on Wednesday its discussions on Somalia after the African Union (AU) on Tuesday said Ethopia has the right to intervene militarily in Somalia as the country feels threatened by the Islamic militia operating there. The UN estimates that at least 8,000 Ethopian troops may be supporting the weak transitional government based in Baidoa in southern Somalia.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

2 and half.

May ALlah unite Somalia.

Dabshidow, you know the Ethios pull the strings. Even if this was proposed by SL the Ethios would have said NO and Riyaale would follow.

I personally dont think the TFG will make SL a priority as Ethios like things as they are. Who knows what Riyaale has been promised by them? The general elections in 2008? will be very interesting indeed.

^^^Saxib speak for youe entity, the Ethiopians dont control the TFG. They are an ally, like the Kenyans, remmeber the reconciliation conference was held in Nairobi, they hosted us for over 2.5 years.

Somaliland is controlled by the Ethiopians but not the TFG, after it is not a region but the government of the nation.

N.O.R.F   

^^ Jump and how high will be the TFG's motto.

Do you really, really, really think the Ethios will simply go back and not pull the strings? All the money spent on the military this week will be taken from UN aid money for the people who have experienced a drought and floods in the same year!

To simply construct a road will need the permission of the Ethios. But i guess you dont mind that ey,,,,,,,realism realism

^^^Same country, but the TFG is the legitimate government recognised by the world and now in control of all the country. Please do not ever compare the state and a part of it..I have notice you are smarter than that..

Duke, when it comes to the reality on the ground, S-land is recognized by their people and few countries are eager to recognizing it as a nation.

The world has nothing to do with Somalia. Somalis need to start looking into what they recognize and not what the world recognizes.

If the world can recognize a warlord government then they could recognize S-land as a nation of its own if they want.

N.O.R.F   

Duke, i focused on the Ethios being in charge of the TFG, do you dispute this is the case? Do you dispute the Ethios will have a big say in what goes on in Somalia/Somaliland?

I know you are smarter than that

^^^Saxib only the Somali people are in charge of the TFG. Dont come here with that nonsence, we all know your stance after all.

You need to find a new organisation to destroy Puntland and the TFG, they have overcome the clan court threat..

who needs a recognition horta ??? ,,, Taiwan is not recognized and Swizerland is not a member of the UN ,,,,,

SL was built in front of the world without support from the international community ,,,,, i asure you even ethiopia cannot interfer somaliland's issue ,,,,,,

The TFG has enough problems to deal with ,,,,

Flights are normal in somaliland it doesn't concern whateva comes from Geedi's mouth ,,,,