Sign in to follow this  
research

Awad Ahmed Ashareh -- bio

Jacpher   

Steve, you wrote this

I'm flattered that you think I'm a police officer, but I assure you I am not.
Actually, I'm an engineer who does investigative reporting on the side.
If you follow the Yasmin story in the Canadian press, it becomes clear that
the local police are not interested in the deep story -- they have a suspect and they are satisfied that their work is done.

And wrote this on SOL:

I am researching her murder, but
as a journalist looking for the full story.
I am not a lawyer or a police officer. There has been a claim made that she is related to Ahmed Ashareh. Can anyone substatiate or refute that claim? I'm just looking for the facts here.

An engineer with a full-blown blog about latest Somali News or a journalist with inside information of police investigation on murder cases. Which one of the above are you?

I do not know the victim and her family or the individual named above but I think whoever has info about a murder case should directly contact with the authorities and pass on to them instead of sharing it online with a stranger. Authorities are in a better position for use of such info and bring about justice and end to the case. I doubt if this Steve guy is a reporter. He sounds more like a hired private investigator that expects to do investigative reporting online. Steve, what happen to real investigative reporting, going to the family, interviewing witnesses, not soliciting for info online and creating dead wrong theory out of nothing? Go to the police and the prosecutors and urge them to look at all possible angles without taking it on your own. More than anything, this will help the victim.

[ August 10, 2006, 23:10: Message edited by: Admin ]

BN   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

I knew there would be a day when our natural suspiciousness bordering xenophobia would serve as well.
:D

Classic HA...! :D:D:D