Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Will we ever see a Starbucks and a Sushi Bar in Somalia?

Peacenow   

If Dubai can have them, why not Somalia. Thats the kind of society we should be aiming for. Broadband, Shopping Centers, brand new highways, coffee shops where people just linger and read newspaper. People booking restaurant reservations through their brand new iphone. The topic of discussion in dinner tables is the ever increasing property prices.

People complaining about the ever newer and larger shopping centers that are springing up all over the place.

A sushi bar where yuppies don't bat a eye lid over spending $ over raw fish. Especially after a long day of shopping and more shopping.

Brand new asphalted black roads that go on and on and you can cruise down them in your new German imported car.

Why not. That is my vision for the future.

Sadly ****** Somalis have destroyed it for me forever.

Now, I have to 'behave' in a city in which I'm forever a foreigner.

Thank you.

^ u are just materialistic dude.

did u ever wonder the poor construction workers that build those shopping centres, the workers in those coffe & shushi bars that cannot afford to eat there, the cleaners that will clean the tiolets of the ever increasing properties, the injustices that is occorring in those cities.

every place has its shit, its discrimination, its poor etc.

peacenow, I agree with you. We are all too consumed with the reality of today's Somalia but seldom think of 2morrow. As for the people building stuff, would that not be employment?

If Dubai can have them, why not Somalia.

This sounds like "Why don't they eat cakes" :D

War basigii iyo noloshii aasaasiga baa soomali laga la'yahay mrkaasuu ninkan ka hadlayaa starbucks lol.

Nothing wrong with having starbucks in Somalia, but who can afford $4 latte when a cup of tea cost 10 cents. If it made business sense someone will have opened it in Hargaysa or Bosaso.