Sign in to follow this  
Sky

300 teachers completed their training in Qardho

Sky   

This training of 2 weeks held in the Sheikh Cusmaan Cumar Shabeel secondary school for teachers from Bari, Karkaar and Sanaag was organised by the ministry of education of Puntland and UNESCO.

Next week the same training will be held in Gaalkacyo for teachers of Mudug, Nugaal, Sool and Cayn.

100805_qardho_3.jpg

Teachers

100805_qardho_2.jpg

In front of Shabeel school

100805_qardho_4.jpg

Listening to a ministy of education official

100805_qardho_8.jpg

A UNESCO NGO official; Richard Mutes in the middle

100805_qardho_7.jpg

100805_qardho_10.jpg

An ADRA NGO official; Robyn Ker

100805_qardho_5.jpg

Originally posted by 7 0f Nine:

Why are they mostly men? :mad: bah!

Because this is somalia. Girls attend schools where they learn how to prepare foods, wash clothes, mop floors etc. :D

king_450   

Jason even cooking schools they taught by Men, so yes where are the women teachers? i know where they are, some of them are in this site why not go back and become one of the female teachers?

Rahima   

Because this is somalia. Girls attend schools where they learn how to prepare foods, wash clothes, mop floors etc.

:mad: :mad:

Which Somalia are you referring to?

Wake up waryaa. The girls are excelling and the lazy-*** Somali boys/men are being left behind to squabble over our scraps icon_razz.gif .

Xoogsade   

Jason, you are wrong. Where did you get that idea of women going to school only to learn how to cook? Imagine your grandmother to be a nurse, your mother a teacher and a government worker, your aunts all to have gratuated from the National University, one in linguistics the other in science? Do you think a country that provided such opportunities to women taught them in schools only how to cook? Those are women in my faimly. Even today girls go to school. I think it all depended where one lived in the Old days, like in what city, but most people had access to school and education irrespective of gender. I can say Somalia was outstanding in educating women. We were/are not perfect but we did better than many countries.

Som@li   

Masha Allah,very good

There must be teaachers who are females among the 300, but maybe they did n't want 2 b photographed,mixed

with men,!!

Sky   

Originally posted by 7 0f Nine:

Why are they mostly men? :mad: bah!

Its a Big NoNo to photograph women with a group of men outside, especially when outnumbered. But there are a lot of women too.

Jason, what the hell are you talking about son. My own mother was a teacher, she taught at the Sheikh Madar primary school in Hodan, Mogadishu in the 80s. Maybe some nomads here were her former pupils, who knows.