Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

The target, it reads, is Bakara market

Polanyi   

"We don't hit civilians with mortars; they are not meant for civilians," he insists. "The Bakara market is out of bounds. We don't fire on the Bakara market. Wherever there are civilians, we cannot fire."

But just a couple of hours later, a group of foreign reporters stumble into an African Union mortar position in a Mogadishu neighborhood.

There is a piece of wood with several numbers written on it:
mortar settings for striking a target about a mile away
. The target, it reads, is Bakara market.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130273801

Yes, maybe the educated and englightened pundits of Sol can find a way to spin this. Where are the hypocrites who pretend to champion the cause of civilians on this board?Or even better, maybethe holy ulema and their blind followers can find a rationale for Amisom's purpose shelling of civilian areas which are miles away from the areas of combat?

:D:D:D

Muslim scholars never defended AMISOM atrocities. They discussed a peace framework for Somalia where AMISOM's presence is not required and in which civilian lives are not taken senselessly.

It's Polanyi and his likes that would have us pivot to a deferent discussion, when they are the ones obstructing the path to stability, giving Somalia's enemies a clear opportunity to intervene. And outside intervention has a consequence as we all can witness today.

Polanyi   

Save me the ibn Salul philosophy , for I am not interested. The quote from the article clearly shows that Amisom is under instructions to shell targets/civilians areas mile away, including the Bakara Market. This goes against the lies and deciet of SOL munafiqs and " neutrals" who claimed that AMISOm only shells areas from which they are shelled.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^You seem quite angry for a western reared kid! Why is that ya Polanyi?

As usual, you resort to trying to personalising issues when ever your awliyah are criticised. Whether I am angry or happy is beside the point, this is not a pshycology forum. The point is this: where are the sol munafiqs and chameleons who used to claim that AMISOM only returns fire to where they are shelled from and they do not shell far away districts as the reality shows? I don't think any of them can answer without a: going into philosophical tangents or b: attacking the poster of the thread.

ps. I am not angry. Showing contempt for people like you, yes. Besides, I have seen you dish the ugliest of insults to some people on this forum.

^^Calm down, Polanyi.

It appears you are dueling with non-existent ‘sol munafiqs and chameleons’, and that is probably what is failing you here. I know you are angry with people like me who pointed out that alshabaab’s approach is to blame for the continuation of the current Somali saga. Put it simply, AMISOM is there because of alshabaab. The fight will continue …civilians will die…the west will support Sharif…alshabaab will cry foul…no one side will win…it’s a stalemate. Civilians will lose big, and UN agencies based in Nairobi will get the funds they need to stay in their five star hotels.

If I didn’t know that you are fervent alshabaab supporter, I would’ve asked you an alternative to this mayhem. But I know your thinking, Polanyi.

Polanyi   

Sxb, I am not interested in: if so and so did this, so and so wouldn't be there, and if so and so accepted to be a x. I call that sheeko munafiq( if you had your disgusting way, beledweyne would have been controlled by xabashis) . We have passed that staged along time ago. My question here is clear to all Somli chameleons and fake "neutrals" on this board: how can you reconcile what the journalists saw AMISOM doing and the 101 excues the chameleons used to bring forth like: " They only shell areas which they are shelledd from". The article seems to be indicating something entirely different.

^Now just like an angry kid, you are farting all over the place, and in every which direction.

Remember, ya Polanyi, calling some one a munaafiq is a felony in shaafici fiqhi :D

^^ Xumbul-xaambul iska xamaasadayasn haysku xiijin. Toloow kii yaraa ee Kashafa jihaadkii miyuu aaday waayo Al-Shabaab baa dhallaan badan ku hoosaasiyay been iyo huuhaa; sow iyagii caruurta caqliga ka caaggan yidhi jannada baydun galaysaan oo webiyo khamro ka samaysan iyo hablo "naaso sidii hooto waran usoo taagan" leh baad la tumanaysaan (kucuban atraabaa).

I always find righteous indignation, however phony, risible. Unfortunately, civilians will continue to die and Somalia will writhe in agony and misery until the terrorists and islamists are defeated.

Polanyi   

For such prideful englightened philosophers and hypocrites, it seems they can't explain the difference between their version of events concerning Amisom shelling and what the journalists appeared to have discovered. Attacking posters, posting fake SOmali poems and self praise has indeed become the hallmark of SOL hypocrites and philosophers.

Polanyi, ragga dhuusada kala tag plz!

Prometheus , adeer extremists, (particularly the ones you are referring to) is only one factor out of the many reasons why Somalia is in agony. There are other factors that play major roles in contributing to the mayhem Somalia is experiencing. For instance, we cannot possibly discount the fact that for more than 15 years, secular groups in the strongmen variety destroyed the country. They impregnated Somalia with all types of extremism: religious, piracy, human trafficking etc. Indeed what we see today is a protest that got wrong against the excess injustices and brutalities committed by secular warlords. It all started when armed warlords in the gown of Bush’s anti Islam rhetoric wanted to double down on the poor masses, declaring that they will fight terrorism. Alas many knew that they were the real terrorists.

And on another note, wishing the defeat of Islamists is akin in wishing a perpetual war on Somalis. Lest you miss the point, Islamists does not equal extremism. To think so is to accept Sara Palin’s propositions at face value. Waana hadaaqa of those who find very hard to accept that Somalis are Muslims…the rejectionist front our Ayyaan Hersi has been loudly representing. Such views only help collapse the conversation.

xiinfaniin, awoowe, hadalka waad garab martay. No one, except an imaginary interlocutor, is claiming that the political quagmire in Somalia is solely the handiwork of islamist hooligans. There's plenty of disgrace and disapprobation to go around. The Indhacaddes, Yalaxoows, and Qanyares of the world wreaked havoc on Mogadishu. But their crimes pale in comparison to the jihadi misfits who freely roam much of the South today. Be that as it may, Al-Qaeda's affiliate, namely Al-Shabaab, is the major culprit of unrest and violence in Mogadishu.

Aside: The term 'islamist' does not refer to all muslims, rather it refers to a certain group of political demagogues who, blinkered by self-righteousness and powerlust, would rather impose their draconian interpretation of Islam on everyone, even if it means resorting to brutal and heinous acts of nihilism. Islamists are intolerant and extremist by temperment; muslims, by and large, are more ecumenical and liberal. It's a hackneyed argument of islamists to conflate "islamist" with "muslim". Semantics aside, Puntland and Somaliland are better off today because they are not in the grip of islamists (Al-Shabaab, Al-Ittihad, and the like).

^^Define Islamist!

Adeer, you seem to be trapped by the educated bigotry neoconservative talking heads spread over the media outlets day in and day out.

In the conventional definition, at least the one I am familiar with, Islamist is a term used to describe anyone who opposes the notion of separating the state and the religious values of its citizens. And in that definition, visionary leaders and intellectuals such the ones produced by the Turk’s political Islamists movements, Egypt’s Islamic Brotherhood, or Iran’s revolutionary leaders would fall in Islamist category. The other depiction of Islamists as a nihilist bunch with heinous agenda is simply the result of willful ignorance. Those who would like the Islamic world to mimic the political experience of western nations, I observed, are the ones embracing this bigotry.

Puntland and Somaliland are not immune from the religious extremism that engulfed the South. If anything the only bulwark these two regions have against this global tide is the presence of Islamic scholars (with Islamist inclination, mind you) who view alshabaab’s theological madness detrimental to the political and security stability of these two regions. So the credit really goes to the citizens of those regions who together worked to preserve whatever relative peace and stability they have. Besides, and in all actuality, most people would likely vote for Islamist agenda if free and fair election in which Islamist candidates were contesting were held in the regions you referred ;) .

Marka adeeer hadalka ma seegine, waxaan is lahayn baad is dhex gelinaysaa. Wiilasha yar yar ee xiniinyuhu gubayo, iyo ragga rug caddaaga ah ee sida miyirka iyo caqliga leh hoggaaanka dalka u xar xardhaya baad rabtaa inaad isku weel wax ku siiso.