Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

New Footage of Aydid's Baidoa hunger siege 1992

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Juje:

quote:Originally posted by Gabbal:

Jumatatu

Nin yahow ninkaan magaciisa maad iska deysiid hadi kale abal daradada ayu so xasusana.
Awoowe seddex ama afar sano ka hor ayay ahayd markaad abaal igu soo qaaday waajibaadkaadana inaan ku marsiiyey adigaa maqaalo ka ah. Abaalka aad sheegeysid anigaa kaa mudan sababtu ay tahay anigaaba ku kala baray miyi iyo magaalaba. Intaasna wayga kaftan. :D

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Meiji:

Gabbal,

So by presenting the full story instead of letting the half-story of propagandists circulate I am defending someone?

I presented the full story, and people wouldn't have died of starvation if their agricultural lands were not destroyed by the retreating and advancing forces in the Civil War. The failure to deliver the Food Aid to those people only made it worse.

Listen to me awoowe. I once defended the past until I realized no sane individual can defend the mad years of those times. No one can defend any part of and with any excuse, whether it is my group was under extinction or I was protecting myself. Somali fratricide occurred and all our fingerprints are on it. Every single person's fingerprint is on it. I did not defend the Barre side nor hid the fact burning of food crop occurred. Even so, there is a reason why Aidiid was hunted, there is a reason why the mandate of the whole U.N. was changed, and there is a reason the movie Black Hawk Down starts out with Aideed affiliated gangs looting U.N donated food at the port. With all due respect you are coming across as someone who is trying to defend all of this and one questions when you will realize you cannot defend the indefensible.

me   

Guys,

Let's leave this for future historians. We are all too caught up in this thing to be objective.

Those who care should collect evidence and research materials for those historians.

The fault lines are visible for everyone so let’s agree to leave this issue for what it is and deal with the present that is just as horrific as those years in the early 90's.

Ps. Caano Geel we need a new anthem, I am bored of that old one. Or at least let's bring back Qolabaa calankeed. Soomaaliyey toosow doesn't do the plight and the aspirations of our nation any justice.