Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

Lately......

I've noticed alot of activities in this section. I've been away for sometime, and upon returning some things I've read here disturbed me. I'm sure some of you felt like you wanted to refute, but how can you when some brothers n' sisters copy n' paste shuyukh's (who you ain't never heard of) opinions in matters that don't really pertain to most practicing muslims. It even seems like Islam is reduced to propaganda :confused: Is what am saying far fetched?

I feel like brother Nur just about rescued us in Ramadan....me love your contributions :D . May Allah bless your efforts. Don't leave us!

I propose that we get back to our basics. Many of us are lacking in this. For example, I appreciated Rahma's article on Practical ways on improving Salah. We can all relate to it. And there is a great demand for informative topics like these (my sixth sense tells me so)

Also, we should avoid heavy issues..ie. Sunni vs. Shia, Are you for/against Khalifah state, etc. Topics like these have proved counterproductive and clearly don't bring us any closer to Allah. Instead, we personalize discussions which often takes the wrong turn. We gotta remind ourselves that sheikhs or Imams aren't present on this panel, so controversial materials should be restricted. This is not censorship, it's using common sense to avoid confusing topics. There are plenty of sites for that.

Our objectives should be clear. ie.

Discussion of common topics that we can all relate to ex. salah, stories of the prophets, sahabas, the attributes of Allah s.w.a., the life and character of our beloved Prophet Moxammed s.a.w., striving to resist temptations, etc.

Let's promote unity and love for eachother, in essence brother/sisterhood.

ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE!!!!

Pacifist   

AS wr wb

Aye to that

We need to concentrate more on what is going to bring all the Ummah back together. In the Muslim BrotherHood---some topics just create division, segregation and labeling. Although i do understand we need to address our issues to better understand our religion.

Allah knows best

Ramadan Kareem

Jazakalah sister Tamina

Qac Qaac   

If this only among us Muslims is ok, we could talk about our dirty loundary here... but to talk like this in front of non muslims would be bad.. though i understand where u coming from Tamina..