Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Administration officials and lawmakers at odds in Puntland

N.O.R.F   

Administration officials and lawmakers at odds in Puntland

GAROWE, Somalia May 26 (Garowe Online) - A group of legislators met with the Puntland vice president on Saturday in the capital, Garowe, after President Mohamud "Adde" Muse failed to show, sources said.

Ahmed Ali Hashi, Speaker of the Puntland Parliament, led the lawmakers who met privately with Vice President Hassan Dahir Afqura.

Sources close to the meeting told Garowe Online that the lawmakers expressed their issues with President Muse, whom they said failed to present himself in front of parliament despite the lawmakers' request.

But Vice President Afqura defended the President's decision, saying that only the "complete parliament" can request the president to show in front of parliament.

A parliamentary sub-committee originally requested President Muse to present himself in front of parliament to answer questions, including a recent livestock export agreement the president signed with a Saudi Arabian company.

President Muse has been in the port city of Bossaso since returning from overseas. On Saturday, he welcomed representatives of the Saudi Arabian company, al-Jabberi, in Bossaso under heavy security, sources said.

Puntland was created in 1998 as a self-governing region within federal Somalia. The region's parliament is not known for challenging administration policy, but observers said increasing public opposition to the al-Jabberi deal has placed much pressure on the lawmakers.

Source: Garowe Online

another sell out nigga! he busy selling his country to shameless saudis..!

well horaary for pland ppl to stand against this moran. a typical ahole african greedy warlord. they should blow his head.

Thankful   

Feel free to post what you want, but my advice is that you should try and back up the posts with intellectual comments or rebuttals. Rather then using farooleonline as a source. The owners of Garoweonline are the sons of the ousted minister Faroole. Simply call anyone you want in those area's and you'll see there is absolutely nothing going on over there. Sites like these take advantage of the fact that there is no international media coverage that could prove their claims wrong. Do you notice how this site and many other less reliable ones never have any pictures or rarely give's the writers name? I'll tell you why, it's because the people writing it are a bunch of guys (disgraced ministers son's) in Australia high on khat writing whatever they feel, always claiming they got their information from "reliable sources."

I know these sites are benefiting your northwestern clannish state objectives by labeling everywhere in Somalia as dangerous. I have been to Puntland recently and met foreigners that had just got back from Somaliland. I admit they said it was more developed, but they couldn't believe when they were taken on a tour through the different cities and had requested their guides to take them to certain towns, they were told those places are off limits and we can't take you. They told me they couldn't believe the map of the so-called nation said one thing but the reality on the ground said another. Yet on the Puntland side they were able to go to many of those same places peacefully. That right there is why recognition is so hard to come by!