Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

the break down

Dear seasoned political bundits

Given the situation we find ourselves in, a mini-break down (for the ignorant such as myself) regarding who's doing who and who we should be rooting for/against and most importantly why would be appreciated.

Conversion points will be given for:

1. unbaised, non-partisan analysis

2. the persuasiveness of argument

3. getting to the point in less than 10 pages

4. dubious sources will loose points

thanks

-

ok, so one wants to help out here..

so i may of phrased it light heartedly, but surely some of you must think its worth while trying to put together a digest of the *masses* of information put up here everday. Or at least giving objective commentry on whats going on - without a dr.so and so says this or that

cheers

NGONGE   

Have a go at any random faction if you want replies, saaxib. You've got to strike a match if you want light a fire, adeer. ;)

NGONGE   

^^ Help him out, brother. Anyway, you must be a TFG or Somaliland/Puntland fan. You can't be a fan of the mullah's or you would have helped him out here. They're very helpful those mullahs.

Juje   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

They're very helpful those mullahs.

Loooooooooooooooool! So you noticed he... :D

They are very helpful, caring, understanding and firm and extreme in their believe but they lack 'hal-abuur' which makes their help irrelevant.

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

Dear seasoned political bundits

Given the situation we find ourselves in, a mini-break down (for the ignorant such as myself) regarding who's doing who and who we should be rooting for/against and most importantly why would be appreciated.

Conversion points will be given for:

1. unbaised, non-partisan analysis

2. the persuasiveness of argument

3. getting to the point in less than 10 pages

4. dubious sources will loose points

thanks

-

How about terminating the older generation,lets say those biased old men of over 50..Probably ur father and mine and then maybe our generation could have a say.Back to the point,i think the best any one could do is not to take sides and observe for eventually,the truth is all those old men have agendas different from the ones we expect from them.

:confused:

Baashi   

For the ignorant like urself, here is the pig picture :D

Somalia, particularly the southern Somalia, is on the verge of disasterous civil war once again. There are two main factions ready to swap the sword. One is newly formed and highly successful entity by the name of Courts of Islamic Union aka UIC. The other is an entity composed of armed warlords and Puntland State (a fiefdom up in the north) named TFG.

One is regionally recognized and regionally supported "government" that has no grassroot supporters on the ground. The other is Islamic oriented "wadaado" who secured cross section clan support in Benadir region.

The latter successfully ousted blood thirsty and hated warlords from the most populated city of Somalia: Mogadishu. And Mogadishu happened to be the biggest price of Somalia's political stock. Whoever controls this vital city have sway on the political discourse of Somalis. UIC not only did they secured that price but they also pacified, to some extent, the city. They opened all its ports, disarmed the thugs and removed the infamous "isbaaro".

Now here comes the complication. They the UIC that is were denied the opp to take part of the IGAD sponsored Nairobi and that was deliberate decision taken by the participants and supported by the International community.

They are not part of the government. They control Benadir and other regions close to it, and they don't recognize TFG in Beydhabo. They hinted that they are open for dialogue provided that there is "mutual recognition" btw the parties, no foreign FTs in the Somali proper, and all the cards are on the table.

Halkaa markey botorineyso :D Inna Yussuf initiated and campaigned a motion and got the affirmation to bring FTs to Somalia. His colleugues made unhelpful remarks that was so confusing to the point the comments were contradictory. And boom Inna Yussuf himself boycotted the meetings.

UIC thinking that they were taken for granted emphasized the issue of UIC and Col. Aways made unhelpfu remarks designed to scrap the talks.

UIC went to Bur Hakab to recieve a TFG contingent. That was considered as a move to Baydhabo. Inna Yussuf made the call and Ethios arrived Baydhabo.

Halkaas bay sheekadu maraysaa.

Support the the peace process. Why? because the alternative is full blown civil war and this time two countries will take part. Somalia will be another Congo if the wise men don't prevail.

^^The wise men you are talking about will born forty years from now, probably, because I am sure that man is not wise enough if you look at the choices he made!

You only envision our loss, you never consider a victory from Allah when in fact this time is about religion against the kuffaars, not the low example you presented about Congo which has nothing similar to what is happening in our country.

Try first to check if any similaries exist between the issues in Congo and Somalia, then feel free to analize whatever the outcome may be. My intellectually-sounding brother in the rainy seattle, please ponder upon the examples you use. :D

Baashi   

^ :D Suufi baad tahay wallee. Waryee Qasaaro ma Maxkamadahaad doonaysaa inaad iga xigsato waabad yeeliye mise waxad tahay "kaligii Muslim"-kii qolada takfiirka ah laga sheegi jiray.

Somali conflict at one level is an internal conflict where armed clans or alliance of collection of sub-clans fight for political supremacy.

On an other level Somali conflict is a proxy war where other powers arm factions and pit them against each other. To the factions involved in any proxy war, the fight is either about resistance, freedom struggle, or religious struggle. Somali conflict is not any different from other ones. Those who supply the ammunition and have an interest to keep the fire burning have their own agenda.

Congo and Somalia share the same predicament. Both countries are caught up into a protracted civil war. Both countries have internal factions vying for power. Both countries have neighbors and regional states that are arming the warring factions in their countries. Waryee ma ila socotee willkaagan farabaxsiga ah :D .

It is true that UIC is Islamic oriented faction. However, their aim is to seize power so that they can implement the Shari’a. On the other end of political spectrum is TFG a secular entity who believes that they are the legitimate government entitled to run the country.

In between the two ends you have greedy personalities (money and resources is what drives them) known as warlords who change sides as they see fit. That’s the internal dynamics. Whoever you support doesn’t change the fact that this conflict is a civil war at one level and proxy war on other level.

Brother Canoo, support no one distrust all the so called leaders including the courts, warlords, regional leaders and the TFG, avoid talking to these people. Put your head down work hard, help all those you can and pray to Allah for peace...

First of all gents, thank your for your responses

Now lets dissect the info. [in order of appearance]

[NGONGE]

runtii balayo kula talisey :D , but i do like you proactive approach to tickling the underbelly of teh beast.

[Juje]

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm there! -1 point smile.gif

[Lieutenant Xalane]

Dude, many a times i've said that exactly, however i feel right about blood in my hands. The problem is as you say 'geriatrics with agendas'. The fact we cant take sides - as with every other somali that sees no vested intrest in a tribe or an religious doctrine, says more about what on offer than what we need or want. - i'd say 'Viva la Revolution!' but we need an ideology first. care to suggest

[baashi]

indeed it's a pig ! Skaggy voltures fighting of the bleached bones of what was somalia.

Your analogy with the congo rings only too true. The logical analysis always says look at who gains what - and 'what' men will do for a power we've all seen. Considering whats on offer i'm inclined towards the UIC, if for nothing else, they havent murdered as many yet.

wrt to the peace process, to be a 'peace process' it has got to do more than plan carve up strategies. I dont know if you've ever seen a cartoon by an 19th cent. british cartoon called "The Plumb-Pudding in Danger", well here it is. But as you said the alternative is the political football match with the heads of the retched somali's as balls

gillray4.jpeg

[Alle-ubaahne]

I dont see any fight against kuffars, unless kufaar equals those who dont agree with you. And i dont understand how you can claim victory for allah, when allah is the creator.

[General Duke]

Are you saying stick my head in the sand? I have problems with that.. 'support no one distrust all' just backs Lieutenant Xalane's point. But my question for u is how long are you willing to be a commentator or passive to the choices of these people. Or why should you care?

me   

Ideology: Somalism

All Somalis are equal and have equal rights, Somalia is indivisible and that Islam is the religion of the Somalis. The homeland of the Somali Nation is the Horn of Africa. Somalism supports the reunification of all the territories inhabited by the Somali people in the Horn of Africa. The flag of the Somali Nation is azure blue with five angled star. The loyalty of the Somali should be with the Somali Nation. The Somali language, culture and heritage are unique and they should be protected from all foreign influences.

The main points on which we need to agree on:

1. Equal rights for all human beings in Somalia. We are all equal no man or clan should ever dominate another.

2. Islam is the religion of the Somalis

3. Somali is the first language in Somalia

4. The common interest of the Somali people and of Somalia outweighs everything else.

5. The Somali flag is azure blue with a white star in the middle

6. Somalia is indivisible

7. The lost Somali territories should be reclaimed by any means possible

8. Minimal interference of the state into the daily life of the people

9. All laws should be derived from Somali customs and our Islam

10. The state should encourage business

In my opinion the power of the clans should be limited since we can not destroy it today.

I believe that we can limit their power by incorporating them into the political process.

1. All clans should be recognized by the state

2. The council of the clans should be formed

3. This council has 30 members, chosen from the traditional leadership of the clans such as the islaans, ugaas, suldaans, boqors, garaads.

4. Only the recognized clan leaderships with the longest genealogy can claim a seat in this council.

5. This group will be the official mouth piece of the clans and no one else can claim to be the leader of the clan or to be speaking in the name of the clan.

However the power of the clan leaders is limited to being the mouth piece of their respective clans and approving the laws of the land.

The clan leaders will have no power over a territory and there will be no clan territories.

All the territories of the land should fall under the old 18 provinces of the country and their governors should be elected by the general public.

The country should have a representative democracy. To ensure that all the people in country have a say in their government each party should at least get 10% of the vote in each province. This will surely limit clan politics.