Sign in to follow this  
Nur

I want to be an Engineer, but its math that I hate!

Nur   

e-Nuri Short Message Reminders (SMR)

Dear Nomad

Every trade has its jargon, language and tools.

Engineers master the physical sciences and learn its applications in real life to solve problems or build devices, they also learn the symbolic language of problem solving known as Mathematics, which is a representation of facts in a quantitave format in order to manipulate terms, envision abstract concepts, design systems, implement and test physical stakeholders requirements. Thus, graphical illustrations, symbolic equations, and word problems are all mirroring real world for one reason, to understand and solve a problem or meet a need.

This means that no one can avoid mastery of this art if one's intention is to become a problem solver or a professional solutions designer or an implementer of such a solution.

Likewise, If we want to understand and practice Islam as a faith, the most important document to understand is the Holy Quraan, followed by the Hadeeth sciences. But, without a thorough knowldge of the Arabic language, one can never quench her/his thirst for the study of the Quran and its subtleties ( Mutashaabah ).

By opting to delay learning Arabic while mastering English (101) or Spanish (201) with an A+, your priorities are : Life on earth first, next life? ( lets worry when we get there ).

Well, my dear Paesano, ignorance is a choice we make in life, but its far more expensive than aquiring knowledge. So unless you are very rich ( I mean if you can afford to buy your way through Allah's court in day of judgement ) my advice is think and worry of becoming an informed Muslim, an educated thought consumer, and an action oriented and a fully practicing Muslim, all of which require a basic knowledge of Arabic language.

Moses' ( May peace be upon him ) miracle overpowered Pharoah's magicians, and transformed them from wealth driven men to principle driven men, so firm in their belief that they cared less of Pharoah's threats to execute and crucify them.

Jesus' ( May peace be upon him ) miracle overpowered his Jewish people to show that he was indeed the Christ al Masiix, they were waiting for. His miracles of quickening the dead, and curing the leper was the medical mind boggling miracle to prove his genuine mandate from Allah SWT.

Like Moses, Muhammad SAWS, did not split the red sea, nor did he quicken the dead like Jesus, but his everlasting miracle was the Holy Quraan, the most everlasting comprehensive document inherited by mankind, a document that sent the most respected linguists at that distance time back to their Linguistic drawing boards, so captivating is the Quraan that when you read, or even listen to it, you will agree, they are not the words of a mortal.

Qureish called the Quraan a magic, Sixr. Al Waleed Ibnul Mugheera famous opposition to Islam, described the Quraan with an anology of a tree with fruits on top and fresh cool water below, a document so powerful, that will always conquer and that will never be conquered.

Such is the Quraan, Qureish were even challenged to produce a similar ten chapters like the Quraan, but they failed, how can they? havent they written the famous mastrepieces of Al Mucallaqaat al Sabca? ( the seven hanging poetry masterpice scrolls on the Holy Kaaba ).

So, My dear Nomad Geeljire, and Geel jirto, what is holding you back? you have learned English to live and work in the west sacrificing your Somali language along the way since you have no plans going back to live back in Dhuusomarreeb or Iskushuban ( no problems with indigestion in these towns I guess ;) ) or Jarriiban ( where you feel trapped till someone sends you a visa ) or Matabaan ( the village that you will not miss once you leave )

But my dear Nomad, there is another place where you can not avoid going, its not a town nor a village, its a new world, a world with another king, and another world order better than Bush's world disorder, and deffinetly not ruled by familiar earthily Kings or Presidents, we are talking here of a King who is Just and Fair ( Yes there is One and only ), who has no rivals whatsoever, who is not pressured by a passing need that drives him to fumble and make wrong decisions, who does not bargain nor accept compromises, who always has it His way no matter what. A King, who defied Pharaoh, when he vowed to kill all defenseless oppressed Isrealites boys, by making Pharaoh raise the very boy who would cause the fall of his Dynasty and Empire, a King who does not interfere in tribulations to test the believers and record the evildoers injustice. A king, who is great enough to have created everything, yet gentle enough to hear your supplication in person, many people love Him immensely to devote their lives for His cause in this life, some are confused about His nature, others see His greatness thorugh His creatures.

To appreciate Allah SWT, you need to read His message.

To read His message you need to understand its meaning.

And without a mastery of the Arabic language, you will never get a true feel of Allah's message , having an english translation to understand Quraan, is like having a fellow Nomad scratch your back, they'll never get it right, like they say in Arabic

" Maa yaxuk dhahrak, illaa dhufrak ", nothing can scratch your back like your own finger nails.

So what are you waiting for?

2005 eNuri Inspirationals

Quraan & Sunnah Service @ Somaliaonline

Cisaam   

Salaamu Clykum

Maansha allah, what a wonderful article you have written nur.The reality is known to us but we try to ignore it as much as we can. Once i was with some brothers one day and as we were raising issues to discuss, one of the brothers raised " death", but what was to follow was scary as most of the brothers impatiently complained about the subject and asked to end it.

i really sometimes feel for akhi Nur because i dont think the effort he puts into this rewarding and amazing work is appreciated ENOUGH. i hope that you will continue to remind you and us about where we belong, and may allah help us understand his best speech Holy Quraan.

"O you who believe: persevere in patience and constancy…"

Viking   

Wonderful post Nur. Bro Deeq assumes that your posts are not appreciated enough but I believe otherwise. They might not generate tons of responses but there are many silent readers who reflect on the message being conveyed. I see bro Nur (or anyone doing da'wa for that matter) as a farmer, who is on a field sowing seeds. All the seeds might not become plants, but if he succeeds in getting one plant, then his mission was worthwhile. Keep up the good job bro, we need da'ees who know how to speak to the people.

aaNiL   

Hats off for brother Nur.

You're one educated brother. I've been trying to dig your previous topics and they're an outstanding masterpiece of Dac'wa ingenuity. Wonderful job i might add. Keep the good work and may Allah bless you.

Nur   

Deeq, Viking and Aanil Brothers

Thanks for your good thoughts, I pray Allah SWT rewards you for your good Niyah, as our Messenger SAWS said, The Niyah(with ikhlaas) is better than deeds (without ikhlaas).

More insights to share with fellow Nomads:

The other day, I had a ton of things on my To-Do-list, so, to get them all done next day, the night before I set my Calandar and alarms right, but after fajr, I fall asleep, the alarm failed and I am behind on all deliverables that day.

So, who am I gonna call?

Not the Jinn Busters for sure!

I sat down and had a minute of meditation, here was what was going on in my head, inspired by Allah SWT.

Before I rush to salvage the day of what I can deliver, I reasoned " What is my real Job on this planet ?"

A voice within me whispers"

" Worship of Allah ", because Allah SWT said, " I have not created mankind and Jin except for my worship "

Me: Wait a minute!

Me again: You mean, being a Muslim is a Job contract with Salary?

My Conscious: That is right, saaxib, your Job is to read your daily Adhkaar, read your Quraan, help the poor and write on Somali-on-line forum .

Me. You mean thats my real business?

My conscious: Didn't you hear Allah's words " Those who recite the Book of Allah, and who established regular prayers and who who pay part of what we have provided them with ( Money and Time to the economically needy and knowledge seekers) anonymously and in public, those (truly) hope for a business that will not go bancrupt, Allah will pay their reward in ful, and then, throw in (some surprise, like we say in Somali, ( Suubis) a bonus as a token of His generosity "

Me: Ok, Ok, I dont care what happens today, I am going to sit down, enjoy reading my Juzz of Quraan, ( Juzz 3), will say all of my morning Adhkaar ( Prayers), then, I will seek out my Rizq, since my real Job is Allah's service, I demand payment of Rizq from Allah alone, but of course after I perform all of my daily tasks.

My conscious: Now you are on the right track pal, you see Nur, Allah SWT says " Remind,and order your famuily to perform prayers, and force yourself to be patient doing it, We are not asking you to source your own susutenance, We sustain you, and the ( Caaqibah, good ending) last laugh is for Taqwa "

Me: Great!, so that means, that I am an employee of Allah SWT, I worship Allah to the maximum possible, then, I go and earn a living in an honoroble way, knowing that, if my purpose is the worship of Allah, then doing business means, a means for survival for that purpose, a higher purpose indeed, which makes it necessary being honest, and truthful with my clients and partners so that my earnings can be used for that higher purpose! wow,

My Conscious: Its Satan that makes you believe that cutting corners will earn you more wealth, that is Burger King, your earnings are fixed, your check is issued, you either receive it after you have done your job as an (employee) or, you can take it without really earning it, either way, the amount is fixed, and the accounting department will either confirm that you have earned or will tag your ears for paying back, there is no such thing as free Big Mac, if you play, you pay.

Me: I got it right, Alhamdulillah, InshAllah, I will remind myself that I am an employee, with a FULL TIME Job, a clear job description, starting early at Dusk, and not ending until I retire to bed and say my evening adhkaar, my job is not fourty hours a week, I have to be honest, kind , tolerant and observeing my duties 24 hours a day, even in my illness or in my sleep, I am rewarded for my intentions, my check keeps coming, even way after I die, as long as Nomads pray for me after reading my posts.

Nur

2005 eNuri Inspirationals

Power is not measured on conquering others,

conquering one's evil intentions is Genuine Power

-- Prophet Muhammad SAWS (eNuri Transliterations)

Muhammad   

Subhanallah! Jazakallah khair Nur!

Who is a better Employer than Allah(swt):

There are two angels who record all the actions and deeds of the individual from birth until death.

The angel on the right records all of the good deeds while the angel on the left records all of the bad ones.

* As soon as the person intends to do a good thing, a good deed is recorded for him/her.

* After doing the good deed, ten full good deeds are recorded for the person (or 70 or 700 or as much as Allah Wills).

* If a person encourages others to do a good deed, then a matching reward is recorded for the one calling to the good deed.

Another angel on the left, records all of the bad and evil deeds of the person as follows:

* If the person intends to do a bad deed, but stops himself from it because he/she knows it is wrong, then a full good deed is recorded for them.

* If the person intends an evil or bad deed but does not have the chance to commit it, then nothing is recorded either way.

* If the person commits a bad deed, the angel on the left begins to record a bad deed in his/her “Book of Recordsâ€, but the angel on the right stops him and asks him to wait to see if the person might repent. After a while the angel on the left again begins to record the bad deed but again the angel on the right stops him with the same pleading. This continues for a while and if the person refuses to seek the forgiveness of The Almighty, then one full bad deed is recorded to his/her account.

At anytime that a person should commit a bad deed, he/she should immediately seek forgiveness from the Almighty and follow up the bad deed with a good one.

Additionally, when a person performs the obligatory prayers on time in accordance with the teachings of Islam, all the sins from the most recent prayer are forgiven.

When a person attends the Friday prayers according to the teachings of Islam, he/she is forgiven for all of the sins for the previous week since the last Friday service.

When a person makes the obligatory pilgrimage to Mecca during the month of Thurl Hijah on the Islamic calendar, all the sins since birth are forgiven and the record is wiped clean for a fresh start. All previous good deeds remain in place.

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/death.htm

salam all

some wonderful articles. i wish i had nothing to do! i could read all these! not fair. marshaallah, may allah bless u all and increase ur knowledge and reward you for sharing with us that which all has taught u.. amen

salam

Nur   

Nomads

How are we all doing with our quest to master the Arabic language, the language of the Hily Quraan?

Nur

Buuxo   

To appreciate Allah SWT, you need to read His message.

To read His message you need to understand its meaning.

And without a mastery of the Arabic language, you will never get a true feel of Allah's message , having an english translation to understand Quraan, is like having a fellow Nomad scratch your back, they'll never get it right, like they say in Arabic

" Maa yaxuk dhahrak, illaa dhufrak ", nothing can scratch your back like your own finger nails.

So what are you waiting for?

Walaahi waa runta.Learning Arabic is one of my goals that has been on the backburner ,for quite some time now.Jazakallahu khayr for reminding us.

Nur   

Nomads

Its not easy to be driven to learn Arabic language if there is no need for it. But in the middle ages, Arabic was the language of civilization. Muslim Scholars drawing their inspiration from the Quraan were in the forefront of scientific discoveries and philosophy.

We need to learn Arabic to serve Allah better and to

Nur

FatB   

best way to learn a language is to emerse yourself in that sociaty - i plan to take 3-6months out of my life n kick it with the nomads on the foot hills of syria IA