Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Are there any normal people in Somali politics?

Coloow   

What is "somali politics"?

Is it the fadhi ku dirir? Is it the Path dependent madaxweyne, janan, wasiir, xildhibaan ma i dhaha?

Many somalis recall the 70/80s when somali "politics" was a key to better life. They envisage becoming Prime minsters, ambassadors, (power bases). Have a look at some of the proponents of the puppet goverment on this forum. They support attrocities because they expect favours (some of them see an apportunity to make a living).

Breaking the vicious cycle of path dependency needs a paradigm shift. Poverty sustains path dependency. The question should be; How do we tackle poverty? tribalism and encourage people to work hard to make a living instead of investing efforts in becoming partime politicians a la somalia?

You have witnessed what happened on SOL and in the field in Muqdisho when the puppet government arrived. The first thing we saw was people supporting the genocide of fellow somalis. I guess many envisaged the chance of becoming pwople of power.

Fabregas   

All i see a heated debated, in a time of anxiety and great tension for our nation. This wouldn't be any different from other states, who may have the occasional water fight or even punch up. I wacthed this programme a while back, when two Iraqis ended up throwing paper at each other. So at least the two Somalis didn't up in blows.True that, Somalis may have more of a temper that most other nationalities. Who else would smash chairs over peoples heads in a parliament? To answer the question, there are hundreds of "normal" people in "Somali Politics". Although not all of them will measure up to your level of "neutrality" and "intellectual discussion"!