Sign in to follow this  
Kamaavi

The Father of the Ogad'en Somali Revolution: M.Dahir

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

So everybody who fought Ethiopia was from that region including Ahmed Gurey ? ,,, Hmmmmm

This makes no sense. How can "ever body who fought with Ethiopia" should be from that region when every fight that Ehtiopia fought in her life time wasn't necessarily about that region. Infact, going by Somali thought, I believe there were lot Somalis among Guray's men. Though many may or may not be from that land but they all fought against the old Abyssinaian aggressor toward Somali lands. I am saying Abyssinian as the current Ethiopia is not same as the old Abyssinia.

Hmmmm ,,, Interesting.

Perhaps, but you were a little over quick in mentioning it.

I didn't know Asias was from that region then.

I'm not familiar the Asias you mention but weren't Guray's men fought for Somali lands, mainly that region?

Originally posted by Farancab:

Any one who fought the Abyssinian aggressors in order to keep that land free from them is that land's hero, regardless of his origin.

I assume you forgot you posted this .....

Do that region have borders horta ???

Haneefah   

^Allah, adna waligaa kama kortid quuq iyo maalayacni.

Thanks to the poster for the article; I have never actually seen it before. May Allah bless his soul, the Garaad was indeed a very brave and patriotic hero.

p.s. I really like the paintings on the previous page.

Maybe we should revive Ma'jertenia with its citizens Ma'jertenis. What about the country Isa'qiland for Isa'qis or Ab'gaalia for Ab'gaals etc etc. Francab think again, Oga'den and Oga'denia are the same and they are both clanish terms. You and others can be fine with that naming. But do you really care what your brothers and sisters from that region who don't belong to the Oga'den clan think? I don't think you CARE.

Kamaavi   

Abdinasir,

Eventually, the name change issue needs the attention of open-minded historians, sociologist and politicians of the region. I hope it has enough talented people who can balance the advantage and disadvantage of this issue. Since the subject is very sensitive it can only handled by intellectuals.

But, for the time of being; if you ask me, my answer will be like this :-

The name should stay intact until the land is liberated! Only those that are putting their lives on the line reserve the right to complain about the name but they don't because they know once it is liberated they can simply vote to replace the name. Moreover for me a Chinese girl and white Germen boy who born in Ogade'nia are Ogade'nian citizens than an ogade'n tribe boy/girl who born in Tanzani/Somalia/Japa n...

We will give citizenship those who are interested when we establish institutions …Allah willing. Till then an ogad'en tribe boy/girl who born in Tanzania/ Kenya/ Somalia/Japan etc will remain "friends of Ogade'nia" not citizens.

Therefore, as a Jigjigawi, there are two Ogad'ens for me, one is the country and the other is the tribe. I don’t have problem with either. I have more respect for historical facts than emotions.

I repeat it again, Ogad'enia is a country and the tribe of ogad'en is only one of the tribes who live in the country. They don’t have special privilege. We Are equal and treat it like any other country in the world is treated !!!!

Separate between country and tribe, if you keep mixing them!!

With respect,

A proud Ogad'enian from non-ogad'eni tribe-Faran.

Kamaavi   

Any one who fought the Abyssinian aggressors in order to keep that land free from them is that land's hero, regardless of his origin.

^hence..

Originally posted by Farancab:

Infact, going by Somali thought, I believe there were lot Somalis among Guray's men. Though many may or may not be from that land but they all fought against the old Abyssinaian aggressor toward Somali lands. I am saying Abyssinian as the current Ethiopia is not same as the old Abyssinia.

^ So this is your way of agreeing with me, but without admitting to it?