Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

President Rayale’s visit: an opportunity for the US

A.J.   

Originally posted by Juje:

quote:Originally posted by A.J.:

I dont know what makes you think Somaliland is willing to do anything that is asked of it in return for international recognition. you seem to suggest that if the US helps Somaliland then Somaliland will become america's 'errand boy'. Nothing that Somaliland has done so far suggest somaliland will do anything that harms its sovereignty and indepedence to make its own decision.

Ay.! You have short memory sxb. The many things S/land has done for Ethiopia in pursuance of recognition is countless - the outstanding one is apprehending and exraditing hundreds of Somalis on the presumptions that they are criminals who committed crimes in Ethiopia. The expelling of journalist from the south of the border recently itself was the job of an errand-boy. And that was only for Ethiopia. Hence I believe it is an achievement if you get the same status with the US of A. - so don't be ashamed of it. Though on the other hand a recognition is a far fetched ambition for an errand boy. An invitation to a seminar in US, and the odd mention of S/.land in PM questions time by a back-bencher MP in the Commons should not raise your hopes.
Juje,

In those incidents that you speak of, the Somaliland government acted in a way that it felt served its intersts best and not because it was told to by anybody. I personally believe the government took the wrong action in both of those incidents but in both incidents it felt its actions were in the best interest of Somaliland.

In relation to the issue of recognition, the people of somaliland know that it is a very hard ambition to fulfull but one they are willing to fight. But one thing is for sure the people of Somaliland will not give up their integrity, principles, dignity or their sovereignty for anything, even recognition.

Peace

I love when people talk too much and we do the real work on the ground.

Ghanima, yes, Somaliland is in a good position to ensure its interest and that is why the US is interested in working with Somaliland instead of other countries in the region. What do you think they prefer Somaliland while they have Kenya, Ethiopia and Djibouti ?

Of course we know how to deal such things and make sure our interest is preserved.

Ibtisam   

AJ and Jacaylbaro. I'm going to leave you guys to it, maybe time will show you my point, but for now it is fruitless for me to try and make you to see my point. We seem to facing different directions, perhaps I need to study S/L politics (which is largely insignificant to its recognition relative to events in the international scene and the global political strategy) to gain faith and trust in its ability and super qualities like you have. In the meantime you guys need to get familiar with global politics and Somaliland’s place (or lack of it) so you can have a little reality check. smile.gif

After that maybe you can come back and explain this "position" that Somaliland has in the international scene which allow it to safe guard and ensure its interest come first with regards to the US interest.

Cheers.