Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Range resources on Somali oil hunt [go Puntland]

BoiBoi   

me, paragon et.al.,

I guess the infrastucture to build a credible petroleum industry in Puntland will appear at the flick of a switch?

me   

^^^ The infrasructure is already there. There have been explorations since the 60'5. Everything is ett to go. The big companies arewaiting for stability to return to Somalia. Once we have a government that controls teh whoelcountry only then will tehy be back. These Range Resources dudes and consortium are just thieves that are working withthe PL thieves. Lik Cade Muse said "waa jirri anana waa la garaabanaynaa" whosemoney are they stealoing do you think? Yes its Somalia that they are ripping ofand wether you like it or not YOU ARE SOMALIA, they are riping you and your kids off.

BoiBoi   

me,

I'm trying to look at this objectively.

I take your point but exploration and infrastructure are two very different things. I very sure that the infrastructure doesn't exist.

Remember ALL companies have a bottom line, its called profit.

What we need is a fine balance to be achieved so that we can all benefit, that should come in the form of a PSA agreement.

uchi   

A word of advice guys, we have some users on this same topic who actually own some shares in Range Resources(don't rule out any non-Somali's as well).

Perhaps if you are interested, just do a search on Range Resources on this forum if you want some shocking information regarding the company and how disgusting the whole deal was.

me   

Originally posted by BoiBoi:

me,

I'm trying to look at this objectively.

I take your point but exploration and infrastructure are two very different things. I very sure that the infrastructure doesn't exist.

Remember ALL companies have a bottom line, its called profit.

What we need is a fine balance to be achieved so that we can all benefit, that should come in the form of a PSA agreement.

What we need is a fine is balance to be achieved? Who is supposed to achieve it?

Who made the agreement? The Somali people? or some corrupt warlord? you should think objectively BoiBoi.