Sign in to follow this  
Saalixa

ISLAM QABIILS

Saalixa   

SALAM

i myself a somali have seen so many of my people talking so much of their qabils while mocking bout other qabils. Its strange since somalis think themselves as very religious ppl but still practice such sinfull acts. Its become so common that Somali women dont make friends wit any other women than the ones in her Qabiil and Somali men dont sit at barjaha or maqaxiyadaha wit other men that arent of his qabil. So many parents also dont give their daughters to any man other than that of their tribe. so iam wondering........ are we hypocrites after all since we catagorise ourselves into clans and think reer hebel are better than reer hebel.

my friend was in her school in which she learns quraan and taafsir when her very religious teacher asked her what qabil she is.

the girl replied iam a muslim shiekh

he wouldn't stop and asked her agian

she replied iam somali hell dont u get it(as she was gettin frustrated)

and he laghed and asked her Atheer why are u shamed of ur Qabiil, ur Qansax arent u?

my friend was so angry at this stage thinkin that now she should think it a shame if u dont know bout clans. never hearing of tribes she thought the man said @$%^@# (derogatory) she decided to walk out of the Madrasada.

so when will somalis grow out of this qabil thing? :confused: :confused: :confused:

[ November 11, 2006, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Nur ]

Haashim   

Rayana you're absouletely right when you say .... are we hypocrites after all since we catagorise ourselves into clans and think reer hebel are better than reer hebel. i would add we're not only hyporites but we're the champion of hypocrites, and as you mentioed qabil is in everywhere even in the mosque and madrassah redface.gif

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool @dooroo

as for religious somali's being stuck hypocrates, caught up in their predjudices, some people are ignorent, and therefore not religious (dont mix Islam and culture)

sisters, not all somali's are at that level,

i mean im sure u girls above me, think freely and mix with other gabiils, (personally i do what i like aslong as its not Un-Islamic)

im tryna ask u guys not to generalise and call all somali's hypocrate racists---coss that aint true and u know it!

Saalixa   

silent sistah

i agree that not everybody should be catergorised as hypocrites, i admit taht there are some somali's that dont take notice of qabils and clans but majority rules and the majority of the somali community are bloody all racist, jelous and all have hatred for one another. Thats what i meant and it shouldnt be the case, especially with the new young generation. If they dont adapt a new way of thinking then there never will be peace. and as u know there isnt peace anywhere somali's live. ITs time we found out what's causing all the corruption with somali's with whereever they live.

Qac Qaac   

nice topic rayaana

Muraad and rayaana, it is true, it is kind of munafiqnimo saying i am sheikh, and still be qabiiliiste. subxanallah.

but as silent sister said, don't generalize every somali person. i also think the qabiil thing is only for the adults and the old ppl mainly, the younger ppl are having different problems nowaday.

guys i wanted to share with u guys, this hadith i heard from BOQOL SOON. the good sheikh of somalia, while he was talking about the qabiil issue b4 even the civel war happened.

the hadith goes like this

prophet scw. says my ppl will leave all the jahiliya stuff, when they ofcourse accept islam, but they won't leave one. and that one is tribalism, qabiil qabiil. and he scw adds if they don't leave this, they will be worth then THUCLAAN, in arabic,

thuclaan means in somali xaar waali, ama doorshaan. waa bahal xun oo aan noo laankarin xaar la'aan.

imagine this the prophet saying this. so as right now we are worth then that animal.

p.s. if u guys could get that tape in somali, boqol soon, talking about qabiil. it will be good. and give it to the old somali guys sitting on donut shops will be nice. thank u

Ladiif   

Yes, many somalis mis-use and abuse qabiil to discriminate and bad mouth some other qabiils but not to the extent you discribed above. I think many of us have friends from different qabiils and anywhere you go, you will see somalis minggling and conversing regardless of one's tribe.

"so iam wondering........ are we hypocrites after all since we catagorise ourselves into clans and think reer hebel are better than reer hebel"

Yes, any1 who thinks he is better than others because he happens 2b reer hebel is a hypcrite.

About the sheikh part of your comment, you can't tell me for sure what were his motives of asking the question. Allah made us into tribes for a reason not to discriminate but to know each other and as long as its in good nature, I think it is ok. Maybe, the macalin just wanted to know her qabiil and nothing else. I think your friend overacted in this case but I will give her the benefit of the doubt and say she was young and in-experience when it comes to qabiils iyo somali. Finally, We should not be paranoid and label qabiilist any1 who asks us our qabiil.

Saalixa   

latiif

u should ask somebodies name, religion, or nationality if necessary but not Qabil. I really think it's rude and rather unpleasant for the person who u ask because its not necessary to ask somebody's Qabil!

LuCkY   

Rayaana i couLdnt agree with you any Less. I have encountered many many many many many peopLe that are very prejudice, ignorant, qabiiList, and have so much animosity toward their own peopLe and some of them cLaimed to be hafiduL Qu'ran...taLk about weird.

Yes majority of somaLi peopLe*dont mean to generaLiz* are in fact aLL about qabiiL and nonsense hateredtoward one another, but Like rayaana said the majority ruLes.

bilan   

salaam

i agree with latif, nothing wrong with asking some one's qabiil in the eyes of many people,people misused the qabiil to hate and feel that they are better than other qabiil that's where the problem is but not the qabiil itself, we may never know why he asked her, i think she should asked him why instead of getting mad. and Allah created us this way so we know each other and this is the verse :[13] O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full Knowledge and is well-acquainted (with all things). in my opinion if some one ask me about my qabiil i would not label him as qabiilist cause there are other reason people ask about one's tribe.even at the time of the prophet people are recognized according to their clans, if it was something bad he would have banned it i guess.so may be we should be honest as long as there is somali there will be tribe and clan, but we can work towards the day when we will be able to live together without hating each other.

Nur   

Duceysan sis

When Islam prevailed in Yathrib (Madina), the two warring tribes in Madina, the AWS and the Khazraj, seized hostilities toward each other, they became one entity and brothers and sisters in faith, blood letting was stopped and together they formed a new entity known as ANSAAR, thie Hosts and helpers of the Prophet SAWS.

The Civil war in Somalia is driven by Qabilism, meaning that every qabil thinks its the best, strongest and more noble in blood, they see that presidency and power to be the epitome of their Qabils ability to be on top of other tribes.

I used to run on a track at a University, when one day after finishing my laps this student came to me and aske me what my tribe was! I was shocked, because, I ran so well, he wanted to make sure the credit goes to his tribe.

When you go to a shopping mall and meet a Somali, the first thing they want to know is your clan, in case theyr want to speak freely and do not want to slander you, so to have fun, you can confuse them , like a story of a guy who started bad mouthing rer Qansax, when suddenly one guy protested in anger and said, how dare you speak so bad about rere Qansax? the guy smiled and calmly responded, " I am also a rer Qansax, I can say anything I want about my clan" which cooled down the angry clansman, the moral: as Rer Qansax, we can kill each other, insult each other, its all in teh family, but we dont tolerate outsiders to do it.

What we need is to identify ourselves with our convictions and beliefs, which we choose, not with the Qabil, which is chosen for us by Allah as a Zip Code only. All good people are a clan, all evil people are another clan.

Nur