Sign in to follow this  
Br. Nur

Low Octane Levels?

Br. Nur   

Are Your Engines Running On Low Octane Levels?

For high performance engines, high content of octane is a must, mechanically speaking, each unit of octane powers the engine to do a given amount of work, the lower the octane content in gas, the lower the combustion pressure which in return affects the transfer of power to moving parts in the performance machine.

In car races, performance race cars are powered with the most efficient engines for speed, the load is kept at minimum, so they are built with the lightest materials, and every part that can effect the objective ( SPEED) is optimized for that purpose ONLY.

So at the end of the races, a race car is seen hauled on trucks to be transported to another place, ironically, this vehicle that can go that fast on race tracks becomes that useless outside of the race tracks.

Similarly, Faith or iimaan is like energy, it can not be seen, but its effect can be evident in out lives, the higher the iimaan level, the better our performance as Muslims and as measurable actions, the lower the iimaan octane level, the poorer our Islamic identity and behaviour.

The iimaan octane can get to a critically low levels, and in these instances, the person acts almost contrary to Islam in every sense imaginable, without even realizing that he is low on iimaan octane. That person quits performing prayers, and observing the sharia, his words show contempt for Islam, or hates its restrictions, this person's engine needs overhaul, or may be it is beyound repair.

In an engineering school, some students have noticed that Muslim women on campus to fall in three categories.

1. Hijaab wearing Sisters

2. Jeans and Scarf wearing Transistors

3. Minimally dressed body showing Resistors

In men a similar classification exists, but, men do not have to wear special dress to show their observation of the law, But in their actions, or the lack of, one can tell if they are forward biased toward Islam, conducting both ways, or outright resisting the guidance of siraatul Mustaqeem.

This thread is dedicated to this Low octane Level phenomena, how to diagnose it and how to cure it.

As we all know, every person's level of iiman is not constant over time, on the contrary iimaan goes up when we do good work and goes down when we commit a sin or neglect our duties. So if a person drives his car with low gas for a long time, the car will stop, and likewise if we neglect our duties to Allah for a long time, our iimaan will cease to exist.

This Forums board is the INDY 500 to test this theory.

Let us know if you agree with my analogy and observations or if you'd rather disagree with it partially or oppose it.

Walaalkiin

Nur

[ December 22, 2006, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Nur ]

Nur   

Salaams all

looks like you all are high octane powered brothers and sisters huh?

No one bothered to add to this thread, why? boring subject or what?

well, this is the second chance for discussing one of the most important issues a Muslim must worry about, our Level of iimaan. Because if you ignore keeping your eyes on the console that drives your faith and reacting to straighten things accordingly you may crash for lack of iimaan fuel.

Let us hear your feelings on this issue

Nur

Nur   

iimaan' effect on our actions

For those of you who suffer periodic power loss, due to low Octane, here are some diagnstic questinnaire that will pinpoint your problem.

1. Do you perform prayers regualrly?

2. Do you make dhiker regularly (morning, evening)?

3. Do you get up at noght for voluntary prayers?

4. Do you fast voluntary fasting?

5. Do you study Islam on your spare time?

6. Do you read Quraan regularly? ( Juzz-a-day)

7. Do you enjoy helping others?

8. Do you respect those with different opinions?

9. Do you repent when realize that you have done wrong? or are you arrogant?

10. Are you kind to people?

These are ten important points to judge your octane level.

Nur

nur,,,,,

MashAllah...you have a gift Akhii,, i love your emagination, and how it all fits in 2gether to make sence ,,,

u got some greay metaphores!

w/salaam akhii fil Islaam

Rahima   

Agree 100%.

But looking at your checklist i've realised just how low my octane/iman level is :( . Inshallah i shall try to bring it up.

JZK, and as always great post smile.gif

wardi   

assallamu aleykum brother nur..i enjoyed reading this post thanks......brother did you watched last night c-span they had program call leaving islam they were saying something bad, subxaana llah.

Nur   

Namads

Jazakumullahu Khairan for your compliments, may Allah SWT make our deeds sincerely for his sake alone.

Wardi

No, I did not see that program, but it would not surprise me, Satan owns these channels.

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

Time to Boost our iimaan, Ramadahaan is almost here, and the best way to take advantage is through hasanaat, good deeds. But Good deeds if not structured well, may compete for our time, and seem to be conflicting in their requirements. So this is the season we should all be striving to do things a little different tha the entire year, because

If we continue doing the same old thing, (i mean what we were up to before Ramadaan) we will never discover the value of the hasanaat that we can easily win.

There are many things that we may have not tried that can add a great deal of joy to our life, and if we never try them, we may never know what we may have missed. Now you may say " Let it on me bro. Nur, what is in your mind?"

And here it is saaxiib. Enjoy reading these insights.

Before we explore them, may I clarify that these things will compete for your time, for that reason you may have to start somewhere, and here is how I would go about doing it.

Every time you read a verse of the Quraan, or a Hadeeth, you may spot a deed that is ranked as the best of deeds, highlighting its importance in the eyes of Allah SWT.

As a matter of fact, There are many deeds mentioned in the Quraan and Sunnah that are deemd afdhal al acmaal, so you may be asked to reconcile this ambiguity.

This ambiguitiy can be calrified as follows; There is no doubt that some deeds have more importance than others but if we consider them in a single reference frame such as time, one of the deeds may become better than the other. For example:

1. Reading Quraan is indeed a noble deed, but when a guest visits you, serving your guest generously takes the priority

2. When adhaan is called, the best deed to do is Salaat, and between adaan and Iqaamah, the best deed is Duaa

3. When you notice an evil, removing it is the best deed

4. Entertaining your parents wishes (birrul Walideyn) is the best deed when they ask for it (drop every thing and respond to them)

5. When you meet a friend, best deed is a cheerful face and to make her/him comfortable

6. When you are going about your daily activities, the best deed is to keep Allah in your mind and Dhiker on your mouth.

7. When you are walking the streets, the best deed is to lower your gaze (I know this is a tough one)

8. In the Hajj or Ramadhaan season, performing Hajj or Fasting are the best of deeds

9. The tenth of Muharram, the best deed is fasting for Ashooraa

10. If someone dies, the best deed is to follow the janaazah and pray for the deceased

11. If you find an orphan, the best deed is to comofort, by at least a pat on the shoulder to offering financial support.

12. If you get frustrated, the best deed is make Dhikr

13. If you have enjoyed reading this piece, the best deed is to make Salaat for Rasuulul Allah, ( Allahumaa Salli Calaa Sayyidinaa Muhammad) because all the above wisdom was transmitted through him, so be generous and make Salaat on his soul as Allah and the Angels make Salaat on him.. Specially days like today, on Fridays.

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

Time to boost your engines

Ramadaan is halfway, make sure that you fill up your iimaan reservoir, next stop is Hajj season.

Salaams

Nur

Nur   

From where I left this topic last Ramadan

Time to jump start stalled iimaan, strengthen weak caqeedah and earn some hasanat till Hajj season.

Nur

Saalixa   

Nur

which one uses more energy: octane or petrol??? i thought it was petrol using more oxygen...maybe i'am wrong. BUt anyway thses are hydrocarbon gases and the main pollutants of our atmosphere depleting the Ozone layer,,,so they don't look good to me instead i think the imam is like that of solar or hydroelectric energy. It gives enegry with no damage or regrets, rich in resource and conservative in maintaining our environment. :D

Saalixa   

Nur

which one uses more energy: octane or petrol??? i thought it was petrol using more oxygen...maybe i'am wrong. BUt anyway thses are hydrocarbon gases and the main pollutants of our atmosphere depleting the Ozone layer,,,so they don't look good to me instead i think the imam is like that of solar or hydroelectric energy. It gives enegry with no damage or regrets, rich in resource and conservative in maintaining our environment. :D

And ramadhan should be remembered like no other in this year so do you have a special program for us NUR? To make your busy schedule even more stressful please come up wih your imagantive and never ending creative thoughts and lets do something uslefull during ramadhan.

Nur   

Ramadan kareem Rayyana sis

Rayaana! Just what we need, to drink from the river of Al Rayyan in Paradise, one sip, and forever free of thirst.

So you are a green lady too? maashaaAllah, Tabaarakallah! ...Somali Green Party in the making, I am also into alternative energy sources ( Qaat is not one of the green energy sources in case some Nomads get confused ) like the wind, waves, and women power! thats right, we Somalis have not harnessed the immense potential energy source in our women, empowering them with knowledge and faith, Somali women are awsome, it is because of them that the Hijaab became a normal sight worldwide, likewise, i believe that they can change the course of events back home, specially now that we Somali men after 14 years have failed to change anything, we have the same old guard reassembled in Nairobi, Kenya, with tribal allegiances swearing on Holy Quraan with intent to disobey Allah verbatum!

As for your request of new topics, I keep an organizer in which i jot all my thoughts for future topics, but due to lack of free time ( except for my long distance running training ) I have so many unfinished topics, i pray Allah bless me with the time to sit down, focus and write. Here are topics in my organizer, please help select the best three for Ramadan.

1. You've got a friend, Tackling Pesronal Problems with convictions.

2. The Value Chain Of Islamic Dawa, An Analyses.

3. A Prisoner On Parole

4. How to avoid sins

5. Life is a school, teachers are everywhere

6. Guaranteed Departure, Arrival and Auditing.

7. Obsession with body shapes, and the Hijaab

8. Lets shape how Islam is perceived by Non Muslims, through our kind actions

9. Freedom is like light, the higher the source, the wider its scope.

10. Meet some ONE special, Two things to keep in mind.

11. Run Away from your problems, literally, Long Distance running and Taraawiih Prayers, Soul Body and Mind tuning, an e-Nuri Analogy.

Nur