Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

Ethiopian Forces Close Down Somali FM Radio Station in Galdogob.

Xoogsade   

Somalia: Ethiopian Forces Close Down Somali FM Radio Station

Shabelle Media Network (Mogadishu)

3 November 2007

Posted to the web 3 November 2007

Mogadishu

Reports from central Somalia say Ethiopian armed forces have crossed the border entering in Goldogob district in Mudug region in central Somalia on early Saturday morning.

According to Goldogob residents, the Ethiopians with armored vehicles and battle wagons have crossed into Goldogob district raiding an Islamic school and then taking two Quranic teachers with them from the school.

The Ethiopians are holding the two teachers in an area which few kilo meters away from the town.

It is unspecific why these two teachers have been taken away by the Ethiopians but some reports suggest that local elders are waging dramatic efforts to secure their release.

In the meantime, Ethiopians have also ordered the closure of an independent privately owned Radio FM station in the town.

Alhikma Quranic Radio has been on air for only two weeks and it is a privately-owned radio that was recently established in Goldogob town.

It is not clear the motives behind the closure of this newly set-up Radio but Goldogob inhabitants say the radio began airing the developments in the Somali capital Mogadishu in which many Somalis in Ogden region widely listen.

Abdurrahman Warsame, one of Alhikma Quranic staffers, told Radio Shabelle that none of their employees was detained, adding that, he is unaware of the main reasons Ethiopian forces closed down their radio station.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200711030129.html

Fabregas   

Of course the Wadaads must have been heavily armed with Kitabs and radios! I await to see the views of those who were lecturing about "unislamic" behaviour!

Xoogsade   

^ Who was Omar Mukhtar btw bro? Could be a history lesson for me :D

PS: Pro-Xabashi Somalis won't comment in a topic like this. They are not concerned about what Xabashi troops do since the Xabashis are their allies. One can't speak ill of his beloved.

Reports indicate that the Ethiopians have entered the city. That they aimed at the Al Nur primary/elementary school. They fired at the air to frighten the students, when the students fled, they abducted two instructors. Then they ordered the school be closed, and students not come back! They also stopped at the Al Xikma radio station, and warned the management that they will close it down.

Of course when compared with the dialy atrocities these xabashis commit in Xamar in daily basis, this amounts to an insignificant incident. But it shows the strength of the grip Ethiopian’s has on us. A School that serves close to 200 hundred students is closed just like that because few dabo-dhilifs in Gaalkacyo or Goldogob don’t like the progress these locals made and want to stop it in the name of war on terror!

At least some cites are doing good job at reporting facts as they are! Read this detailed report Puntlandpost put together and compare it the one Ethiopian apologist Allpuntland published!

Xoogsade   

Xiin, Reer galdogob ninkaan tolkiisa ma uga dacwoon karaan? Are they related? Midkaan wax jaajusay oo lagu sheegaayo inu meel madax ka yaahay aan ka wadaa?

Waddankii waa u dhammaatay, meel walba jaajuuska xabashidaa ka taliyo, so they call for their support any time even for [personal venddetta against a clan or against other vital community interests these spies consider threatening to their rule.

^^^Xoogsadow dabodhalifs have no tol we can speak of, really. They are there because of Ethiopia’s support. I think reer Goldogob will continue to develop these institutions and serve the needs of their people.

The mayor of Goldogob seems to sympathize with the people of his city, and that’s really a good sign. As reports indicate some elders already crossed to other side of the border in a bid to secure the release of these two innocent men. Let’s pray they succeed!

Xiin...I guess the boys are gearing up for showdown in the north, and want no terrible coming from Mudug though I don't see how school teachers could jeopardize their efforts in fighting that other clan entity. Then again, the Cadde Uusay has made habit blaming "terrorists" on everything that transpire in that of Somalia.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^
:D:D
Actually your reference of Somaliland is a germane one although it wasn’t in mind when I wrote what I wrote there.

Let me show you a good example of Somalis and their nature by asking you to briefly articulate where you stand on Laascaano issue!

You know where i stand already yaa Xiin on this,Somaliland & Puntland are nothing but two fiefdoms crying over a useless parcel of barren land. Personally I see a bigger issue that these two dabodhilif adminstrations are run by two inept greedy men who both lack vision . I honestly beleive that this is a grand marshal plan by Meles's & Ethiopia to ensure that no Somaliland is peacefull.The SL led by the incompetent former Siyadist,is of course another slave to Ethiopia & he did was asked by his master.

Having said that,this was a blunder on the part of the SL adminstration. Hopefully, I hope there is no war.

Castro,You traitor! Why arent you supporting your ancestral bretherens from recapturing what was given to them by the colonial adminstration,Some 100+ years ago? icon_razz.gif

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

PS: Pro-Xabashi Somalis won't comment in a topic like this. They are not concerned about what Xabashi troops do since the Xabashis are their allies. One can't speak ill of his beloved.

Having a vision that is stretched so far into the future, and with all these changes happening all too quickly, dadkan mar dhow waa loo soo socdaaa. :D The sooner "they" accept their *habashi friends* do not have their best interests at heart - the better off they will be.

It's about time Somalis united.

Castro   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Why arent you supporting your ancestral bretherens from recapturing what was given to them by the colonial adminstration,Some 100+ years ago?
icon_razz.gif

Ancestral? WTF? :D

Atheer, I've risen above this neanderthal nonsense. Some will find this hard to believe as it is beyond their comprehension capacity. It's like the first person to be told the earth is round when he was certain it was flat. Imagine his incredulity.

At the moment, the South (particularly Muqdisho and its suburbs) is the most important part of Somalia. The rest (Puntland, SSC, Somaliland) are in a coma and one from which they will soon rudely awake to the reality of occupation.

Xoogsade   

^ ^FB, You failed the test saxib :D you need to take a stance.

Aniga waxaan jeclaan lahaa Laacaanood dadka u dhashay inay is maamulaan oo ay ka mid noqonin Somaliland ama Puntland. Soomaalida waa wada dhalatay waana isla noolyihiin, Laascaanood waxaa xiriir ka dhexeeyaa Somaliland iyo Puntland, but it is best if they stand alone and maintain cordial relationship with both to avoid being manipulated by both inta soomaali isku hagaageyso. Markii wax hagaagaan, Ka bacdi we invade Puntland, Maakhirland, Somaliland :D:D Maalin maalmaha ka mid ah, inshallah magacyadaan lagu qaraabto waa laga takhalusi doonaa, "Somalia" shall remain both as the official name and the representative of all somalis. These clan fiefdoms and their chiefs will have to go and disappear willingly or unwillingly. Inta ka horeyso let each clan have their freedom from others.

Fair enough yaa Brown!

But look from this angle too. Laascaano was a peaceful city. It was thriving and buzzing. All of a sudden it changed hands, and apparently majority of its people fled from both the current skirmishes and the potential looming conflict. Some of them are refugees out there in the bushes of howd. Talking their tragedy in geopolitical terms falls short of the somalinimo I was referring to. I have zilch to do with the laascaano city. Except I have few friends from that city. I mean good religious friends who today are busying themselves in a preparation of war. A war they did not really thought about before. Some of them were leaning toward Somaliland and I used to have argument with them about it. Most of them only cared about the blight of Mogadishu and were more concern about it more so than any other conflict in Somalia. But today that’s not the case. Their immediate concern is their city, and how to liberate it from those who invaded it. And I don’t blame them for it. To me they are justified in participating in that effort. The two dabodhalif thing does not cut here adeer for it touches the livelihood of their community and its investment in peace.

Castro, I want to be challenged here saaxiib. Despite how my writings come across the truth is I have no emotional attachment to Laascaanood. I only seek justice, and it does not appeal to me the implication of the logic I have seen here which more a or less so wickedly says if Xamar is ablaze and under Ethiopian boots, let no Somali city be safe!

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Why arent you supporting your ancestral bretherens from recapturing what was given to them by the colonial adminstration,Some 100+ years ago?
icon_razz.gif

Ancestral? WTF?
:D

Atheer, I've risen above this neanderthal nonsense. Some will find this hard to believe as it is beyond their comprehension capacity. It's like the first person to be told the earth is round when he was certain it was flat. Imagine his incredulity.

At the moment, the South (particularly Muqdisho and its suburbs) is the most important part of Somalia. The rest (Puntland, SSC, Somaliland) are in a coma and one from which they will soon rudely awake to the reality of occupation.
Neanderthal nonsense for you, but for some its a matter of life and death. Mogadishu is under occupation,that the sole superpower in the world has OK'd. Unless,Puntland,SSC & Somaliland join hands to free the rest of the country,these little fiefdoms will be manipulated anytime by Ethiopia. Btw,the sad fact is that a country just as poor as yours,has the power to occupy & manipulate your country. :mad: :mad:

Xoog. Xiin knows me too well adeer. That was not a test,he just wanted inaan furaha kurogo lee :D