Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Sectarianism-So many muslims and so many disagreements

Khayr   

Salams,

There are the Salafis and there Ulama (Scholars) who fought hard to discredit all other Ulama and the concept of Ijtihad (Following the ruling of an Alim). They only believe that you should follow Quran and Sunnah straight (as if the avg. person can Understand the Wisdom of the Quran and the Sunnah by themselves). If that was the case, then why did the Sahaba ask questions en when the rasul (salallahu calihe wasalim) told them to do something.

They think that they are Right and everyone else is wrong and going to Hell.

There the the Ahl al Shia and they are so stuck on the Ahl al Bayt and the line of the rasul (salallahu calihe wasalim), that they often minimalize the role of the prohpet (salallahu calihe wasalim). They are so idealistic hat they forget that the the world still exists even after the 12 Imams. They often claim to be Shia first and in this way, they have seperated themselves (like the Salafis) from the rest of the Ummah.

There the Sufis and their shayuk who dislike the Salafis and waste a lot of time rebuking them (Just look at Hamza Yusuf and Nuh ha mim Keller). Also, alot of them don't consider the Shias as being valid (Imam Ghazzali was of this view).

Then there are the Modernists and their Ulama who claim that Islam and Modernism are compatible. This group of people have an Inferiority Complex and are always trying to tell the Non Muslims that we are just like them. I don't think that the message of Islam was for Secularism, liberalism, relativism (Nothing is Sacred and everything is relative meaning there is no God)etc. Most muslims in the West think like this.

Then there are those Mahdists who believe in this dreaming concept of restablishing the Khalifiah but are waiting for that One Leader to do something. Untill that time, muslims can't have a leader. Idiottts!!! You mean to say that the Ummah is to freeze over and just wait for the Mahdi. Muslims need Imams to lead them where ever they are and to moblize. You can't live Islam outside of an Islamic Community lead by an Imam.

All these different views and groups exist in the Ummah and the reason why the Ummah is so messed up and is losing the izza (grace) that Allah bestowed upon it is b/c the Stupid Ulama are too busy arguing amongst each other about who is more right and who is wrong. Subhanallah!!! No wonder why the Afghanistan got crushed and toppled over. The Talibans who where Salafis hated the Shias and these were the people of Iran who could have helped them out. The Shias of Iran where to caught up in reacting to the Hate of the Taliban that they stopped seeing them as Muslims.

Now the Americans in Iraq where hoping to get the Shia Muslims on their side against the Sunni Muslims in their fight to kill all Iraqis. Why the mere thought of that is an Insult to Islam. To think that muslims could hate each other to side with a nonmuslim army against muslims.

This is the Modern Age. The Age of Dajjal. This age is against all religions. Anything that says that the Word of God is Supreme and not the Word of Man i.e. Concepts like Freedom. So why hate the Christian, Hindu, Jew or another muslim who follows a different school of thought. As long as muslims agree on the main principles of the religion i.e. the 5 pilliars of Islam and the 6 pillars of Faith, all else is flexible. The methods are debatable but the basic principles are there.

Khayr   

I want to know what others thing and what mode of thinking they fall into.

Do you agree or disagree of my assessment?

I think that inshallah this is a very important topic that hits at the nook of the problem with the Ummah.

When nomads in here ask why is such this and like that, it can all be related to this topic.

Khayr, you've pretty much summed up the major division btwn muslims. Quite honestly, I stopped looking into what "version" of Islam is right. First time I was exposed to this was on campus when the muslim student association almost dissolved b'coz of Salafi vs. Sufis dispute. We even had a battle of ideologies right here in this forum not long ago, I'm not sure if they agreed to disagree peacefully. The way I see it once you come into the fold of Islam by proclaiming the shahada along with the 5 pillars, then you're a muslim. I will embrace you as my sister/brother no matter what. You know well muslims are becoming more suspecious of each other more than ever, striving to look for differences then commonality. Yup, the brotherhood is in jeopardy.

I need coffee to stay up....... :eek: To be continued Insha Allah.

Samafal   

KHAYR,

I beg to disagree with your scrutiny of the religious sects. First of all let me say this I myself do not associate with any sect or religious group other than Islam. But the analysis that we should not debate and discuss the ideological differences of the Muslim world concerns me. The fact that we should blind ourselves and let the difference sort itself out and we should not refer back our differences in to the Holy Book is far more damaging and dangerous than the discrepancies itself.

The theory that we can have a volatile coalition, which merely has ideological common goal, is something in my thinking absurd and illogic and something, which will always haunt back the cause. Take an example of the liberation of Afghanistan from the Russia by the Mujahiddin forces who consisted different Muslim Sectarians and what followed after their removal of the regime is in everybody’s guess i.e. disintegration, killings and anarchy reigned and still rules the streets of Afghanistan. The reality that they had no common Islamic perspectives in how to establish Islamic rule and how to serve the population ruined the cause which was suppose to be unity and broader government institutions. The disagreement was triggered and substantiated by contradicting Islamic ideological believes between the very sectarians who were fighting for the cause.

The Quran tells us that there were differences between the people of the Book (Christians and Jews) before us and it further tells that they were cursed for not referring their differences to the Book revealed upon them. In that there is a lesson to be learnt for us that we should not repeat the same mistake. In any case there will always be differences between the Muslims as the Prophet (S.W) told us that His ummah will disintegrate into 72 sects. The remedy is found in our holy book we should go back to it for whatever we disagree on without hatred and stubbornness.

This is the Modern Age. The Age of Dajjal. This age is against all religions. Anything that says that the Word of God is Supreme and not the Word of Man i.e. Concepts like Freedom. So why hate the Christian, Hindu, Jew or another muslim who follows a different school of thought. As long as muslims agree on the main principles of the religion i.e. the 5 pilliars of Islam and the 6 pillars of Faith, all else is flexible. The methods are debatable but the basic principles are there

I don’t understand how this fits in to the topic you were talking about i.e Muslim relations to other religions, but as a religion we don’t hate them as fellow humanbeings or that is what we suppose to but we hate what they do e.g Worshing God other than Allah not them.

That is my cents. I am sorry if any case i went out of the context I was trying not to.

Thanks

Salaams

Khayr   

" I beg to disagree with your scrutiny of the religious sects. First of all let me say this I myself do not associate with any sect or religious group other than Islam. But the analysis that we should not debate and discuss the ideological differences of the Muslim world concerns me. The fact that we should blind ourselves and let the difference sort itself out and we should not refer back our differences in to the Holy Book is far more damaging and dangerous than the discrepancies itself. "

Salamz,

To say that you don't associate with a particular school of thought in Islam is to say then that you don't follow Islam and don't care about it.

So what you are saying is Asinine.

I don't think that in my writing that I have said that we need UNIFORMITY in Islam. Meaning lets forget everything, and thing the same way in everything. Thats not realistic and the Allah shows us this throw his creations. He has created people with different forms and different capacities. To try to square everything is unrealitistic. What I was saying however is that inshallah, most muslims have spent to much time worrying what another muslim might be doing and have forgotten that the real danger is not the next muslim but the Kafr and in particular today-Secular Democracy.

You used the Afghanistan example, well not all muslims were for them. The Iranians weren't going out of there way to get help them and how come last yr. when the afghans were being massacred, didn't muslims support them as much as they did during the war with Russia. Why?

Differences in opinion and thought are natural, but as muslims, as long as we agree on the fundmentals i.e. Allah is One, Muhamed (sallalhu caliyhe waslim) is his Messenger, the 5 pillars of Islam and 6 pillars of Faith; then we should be able to cooperate especially against outside forces such as Modernity and Secular Democracy.

The situation of the Ummah reflects the individuals that make up the Collective.

Question: Is there an Islamic Political Theory?

Samafal   

To say that you don't associate with a particular school of thought in Islam is to say then that you don't follow Islam and don't care about it.

So what you are saying is Asinine.

well khayr you are jumpy.. And dont know who authorized you to question my Islam. I say i don't identify with myslef with any religious group, how that makes me i dont follow islam and i dont care about it? Strange. And as muslims is it compulsory on us to follow on any School of thought? may be you need to enlighten us more on this.