Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Kismayo again: re-awakening old hostilities?

NASSIR   

Axmed, then you don't even know the history of the place and its geography. You should undertake to verify the history and the political involvement of Kismayo's constituents. I can either e-mail or write you in summary based on ample historical documents which discusses Puntland clans being the rightful owners of Kismayo and its near environs. I don't need to venture Af Mado and beyond. If it is for Jubaland, yes Afmadow and Badhaadhe should get fair share of this potential adminstration, but the city and its mayor is reserved none but for Rer Puntland, and we can use Merka and Barawe as a model for resolution for the conflicts there.

Gabbal   

Camir-

Don't compare Kismaayo to Merka and Barawe. Kismaayo is the second largest city in the republic this day. As for you, I would say that is quite a leap from Laas Qorey. :D But ambition is necessary to sustaining life so I encourage it! :D

Paragon   

^^^ Waryaa reer LaasQorey badan baa Kismaayo iyo baadiyaheeda degan ee sidaa ula soco smile.gif . A leap you say, they'll sweep in from the sea and the ground, qaarna geedaheey kaaga soo dhici sida kumaandoos :D .

Puntland clans being the rightful owners of Kismayo

lol, don't overdo it, mate. Rer Boosaaso are by no measure the largest constituency in Kismayo, and no doctored claim of ownership will bring it into their hands.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Abu Paragon:

^^^ Waryaa reer LaasQorey badan baa Kismaayo iyo baadiyaheeda degan ee sidaa ula soco
smile.gif
. A leap you say, they'll sweep in from the sea and the ground, qaarna geedaheey kaaga soo dhici sida kumaandoos
:D

Kismaayo waxaad moodaa inay noqotay habartii nin walba fuulay (pardon the language), dhalaankay dhashayne nin walba sheegto kan geeyay iyo kan aan geynba. :D:Dicon_razz.gif

Intaa waa iga kaftane, the Somali mindset waan ku qoslayey as well as the headache of a Somali government concerning primitive bickerings of "meesha anaa le" iyo "meesha adigu ma lihid". :D:D

Dhubad.   

^^Sxb in your dreams. The people you referring are from Puntland only came to Kismayo after Abaartii Dabadhere and therefore, have no right to rule out the dwellers of the city.

Every Qabiil can be found in Kismayo, and we all know that reer puntland are not the majority so what rights to do they have to exclude everyone else?

NASSIR   

Horn/Afrique, your non-malicious, frivolous banter really have no insight of the politics there. When the Islamist ruled, the mayor was none but for a man who is related to the people of Bulo Haji and that is why the Islamist did indeed offer a measure of stability or justice to the rightful owners of Kismayo.

"Kismaayo is the second largest city in the republic this day."

Not at this time or near no where at that status, but old adminstrative wise, it used to be the third largest city of Somalia but the city faced inter-conflicts and a recurrent change of power thus its severe decline. However in the Deep South, I believe Kismayo is the second largest city after Mogadishu.

Horn, please do not ignore my question, why is the DM holed up in Kismayo? Isn't his job to the whole country as a Defense Minister or this whole post is a joke to him?

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Dhubad:

^^Sxb in your dreams. The people you referring are from Puntland only came to Kismayo after
Abaartii Dabadhere
and therefore, have no right to rule out the dwellers of the city.

Wasn't Abaartii Dabadheer around 1973--77

Sky   

Barre can name his kids' babysitter as the mayor of Kismaayo if he desires so. Won't change the fact that their former JVA partner (the powerful and resourceful one of the two) in crime has been decimated by Ethiopia and outplayed and outsmarted by Col Yeey. It won't chance the fact that there are new players in the Kismaayo scene like Colonels Koojaar and Afguduud flexing their muscles in Kismaayo. It won't change the fact that the lion share of the properties in Kismaayo are registered under Somalis from Puntland origins. Least of all it won't change Kismaayo's relatively young Somali history.

Col Yeey is using Barre, because he doesn't need yet another clan opposing him to make matters more complicated. I'm surprised that Horn really believed that Col Yeey 'approved' Gedo take over of Kismaayo. Surely you can't be so naïve. It must be the desire that is making you lose it.

Calaa kuli xaal, let's see wether Barre's appointments really goes into effect or wether it's just all talk. The JVA period is long albeit gone, the former opressed and indigenous are taking no sh!t from anybody, least of all Barre Hiiraale.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Horn/Afrique, your non-malicious, frivolous banter really have no insight of the politics there. When the Islamist ruled, the mayor was none but for a man who is related to the people of Bulo Haji and that is why the Islamist did indeed offer a measure of stability or justice to the rightful owners of Kismayo.

During the ICU, the mayor of the city of Kismaayo, the commissioner of the airport, and the head of security in the city (police) were all reer Gedo/Galgaduud. smile.gif

Mayor of the city--Eng Bashiir Ahmed Abdulle

Commissioner of the airport--Ahmed Gaarane

Head of security--Abdullahi Ajka

What do you see about the inescapable reality of the city then, as seen by the same men you said offered stability and justice to the rightful owners of Kismaayo? smile.gif

Pi   

Sky, dude, Mogadishu is still in shatters. Barre has no authority to make an administration in Kismaayo. I think the Colonel has more pressing matters right now. Qanyare, Suudi and Company, I'm sure, are devising some diabolical plans. LOL. The former warlords of the south have yet to be formally dealt with. Barre Hiiraale wuxuu rabo ha iska sheeg sheego. LOL

Abdullahi yusuf will consolidate his control over Somalia and then take care of Kismaayo like anybody would do. A lot of people are going back to GEDO :D

NASSIR   

That was then(the couple of months of Kismayo's fall to the ICU) when the Islamists used maneouvers to quench the thirst of Reer Gedo as an old ally but after repeated protest over the injustices, the mayor was given to Rer Puntland. Dr. Mohamed Gacmadhere whose interview is on the site of Dhahar for the plight of the rural folks in the country side of Kismayo due to the past flooding confirms this protest in his interview. It was conducive to the remedial action taken by the Islamists.

Horn, If you advocate the future edifice of Jubaland, you should count the blessing of the settlers of Kismayo in the name of democracy and reconciliation, not the false raised prospects of your colonel to use Kismayo as a chip that he can hold onto to future power.

It is the government that should decide the daily affairs of the adminstration of the city and appoint qualified people based on the support of the constituents in Kismayo.

Hirale should not be the governor of Kismayo as well as the Defense Minister of TFG.

Folks as much as I concur with the likes of Caamir and Sky, nevertheless this is not the time to contest trivial issues when we have much more important things to think about!

Let's call a truce for now, because I like the rest in here know, that no-one can be forced in Kismaayo today nor anywhere else in the south like Marka and Afgooye!

Today the people of Kismaayo enjoy relative security with them knowing, that the government TFG is in control of the city and its surroundings!

We shall discuss the matter later inshallaah and not listen to people, who want to bring forth a new 'fitnah'!

Gone are the days when the brothers of Galgudud could simply push aside/murder any person who spoke out! As I type now TFG forces are in control of Kismaayo and its near vicinities!

I'd urge my fellow people not to discuss those matters and leave the former JVA advocates to express themselves without hinderance!