Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Kismayo again: re-awakening old hostilities?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Taako Man:

Hornafrique

Who has been named for the respective positions? Is there a monopoly of One CLAN?

Well of course not everyone will be satisfied but great care is being put into majority rule, minority rights. Whoever is the majority will rule, so if you are confident about that status then there is no reason to complain. icon_razz.gif

Besides what is there to complain about? The time of strongmen and their militias eating the tax money of Kismaayo's port is gone. There is a government here to collect those taxes so dadka calaacalayo is what I would call dad iska jaahil ah.

Yes. Makes sense. The Majority Shall RULE :D But I think a Minister Of Defense should have very little say in regional selections and what not.

It baffles me. How could the former secretary of State Donald Rumsfeld, select the GOVERNOR OF CALIFORNIA?

He should stick with military operations and not with selections. That should be Geedi's issue.

When and if these come out biased realize that me and my 1st cousin will need the mayorship of Kismaayo. If that is not happening then there will be a WAR. ;)

Gabbal   

Taako-

If you had even taken a moment out of your time to understand why then you would have found the answer.

The state of Somalia is under martial law and the ministry of defense has taken control of the security of the areas under the TFG with the support of both the executive and legislative branches. Only in Somalia will this happened but it will be this way for a duration of some months the prime minister has highlighted.

The deputy minister of Defense has been put in charge of the Benadir region, the has clan influence, whereas the Minister of Defense is nominally in charge of the the country as a whole but specifically in the area comprising the future Jubbalad State. This is his powerbase and can command loyalty from all quarters. It is strategic.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

whereas the Minister of Defense is nominally in charge of the the country as a whole but specifically in the area comprising the future Jubbalad State. This is his powerbase and can command loyalty from all quarters. It is strategic.

But according to these reports, However bias they may seem to you or anybody, loyalty is not coming to the Defense Minister in droves or from all corners.

Gabbal   

Taake, it is a mystery of modern media why few opposition seems to get more airtime than widespread support!

Scarce media like the BBC Somali are allowed to broadcast there filth in such a historic icon of Somali media and pronounce never ending hate for the Transitional Federal Institutions and yet they have been now back tracking and looking for other ways to harm the TFI.

If The judgement is fair then people will support it. However the Last "Jubbaland" that DM Hiraale Produced was a failure and wasn't inclusive to all clans. It was a hegemony. And I don't need to tell you were hegemonies end up do I?

waraa Taako.......leave my uncle alone he has every right to name who is the governer of jubaland state......just like mdheere can claim to be the governer of shabelle dhex......just like cadde can be pland governer....just like the president can names hiiran governer just like geedi can names banaadir governer.....all these people were not elected ....what makes different from them ...........chill out ladies and gentlemen

Xox ogaal

I am not criticizing your uncle.

Check: Cadde Muuse was Elected. The president and PM were elected and are part of the executive branch of the TFI. They can name the hiraan, and shabelleha dheexe under their power in the TFI, especially the esteemed Prime Minister Geedi as the head of gov't.

I was just wondering how a DM can name jubbaland

especially when he is neither the president or prime minister. Thats all.

TaaKo who elected.....the TFG warlord so please stop there. didn't answer the question you starte........meaning.....if MDheere can say he is the governer of Sh.Dhex...bare has the same rights when he is part of the governemt.....if someone can name governer it will be geedi..but since everyone else is naming them...bare can do too

NASSIR   

Why is the Defense Minister holed up in Kismayo and therefore does not need to venture outside of the Waamo area. The people of Kismayo need the same rights as was afforded to Afgoi, Barawe.

H/A, convince me of why is the DM staying in Kismayo. Shouldn't the city have a mayor or city adminstration with the support of its constituents?