Sign in to follow this  
Thunder

Kindgship in Islam

Thunder   

Since Muhammed (PBUH), and the khulafaa-Al-Raashiduun...to the last Muslim Khalif in 1900s were held no "KINGHOOD" tittle as we now see in Jordan and Saudi Arabia I've these questions --

1) When was "Kinghood" introduced to the Muslims and by who?

2)Is the tittle "King" or "PRINCE, PRINCESS) Haram under Sharia law?

Khayr   

Good question

I think that the term 'AMIR' means KING in English

but in arabic might mean one who lays down the rule/in control/managine the affairs of the nation.

I think that the idea of Dynastys in Islam

might have arisen around the time of Imam Ali

and Imam Hasan & Imam Hussein.

I don't have any proofs on me about this, these are just guesses, so please feel free to add on, inshallah.

Fi Amanallah

AMIRR.QAA'ID BOTH words means leader in english.but arabic language is much broader than engllish.several words in arabic can be translated to one english word.

after prophet paased away the first caliphate abiibakar was called kalifatu rasuuli laah

and then when omar became leader leader after abaa bakarthey callded himkalifatu kalifatu rasuulilaah

and it was too long .so omar suggested to changed it AMIIR AL MU'MIMIIN.WHICH MEANS the leader of the believers, and after him all the moslim leaders amiir almu'miniin.no one as i know claim the title king in early moslim leaders,that was so cuz the is and hardith which every leader had in mind.prophet said one day:after me there will be khilaafah raashidah-righteous caliphates,and then there will come malik adhuud-corrup kings.but in practice mucawiya had introduce the king system i mean the inheretence system.and that is where it all began.

all is my opinion feeel frank to comment.