Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali clans 'agree to disarm'

^^^Mystic, the clan courts believed Eritrea, Egypt, Djibouti would support them against the war on Ethiopia which they resented for supporting the TFG, thus in the power play Eritrea, Oromo and other groups where no match for the Ethiopians, but thats not what Xasan Dahir had in mind when he was praying for this fight, nor when IndaCade was making daily threats against, TFG, Ethiopia and IGAD.

Bay & Bakool is under populated? Puntland is underpopulated? The southern regions are under populated? Give us a break will you.

Originally posted by Tukaale:

^^No warlord had the ability to stay in his own country at the time of the UIC let alone having guns and controlling malitia, Why give them that chance now? And then later try to tell to disarm - Isn't that show of hypocracy, nothing genuine

Something is fishy, me thinks

True. But when the ICU was dismantalling before our eyes, they literally gave their guns to clan militias and hence under warlord fiefdoms. Dahir aweys pretty much said "IF I CAN'T RULE NOBODY IS GOING TO RULE".

Where do you think all the guns went to? In some secret weapons cache for the UIC to one day pop out of thin air from? Give me a break saxiib.

Duke

Why are you so mesmerized in what the ICU believed? There is a difference between assuming that your allies support you completely and factually knowing that you have the full-support of your allies. The ICU made a mistake, a deadly one. Mistakes are made so we could learn from them. Let them learn from their mistakes.

Care to give me a cite which shows how many people live in those regions.

^^^What type of site would be acceptable to you?

I am not mesmerized by the clan courts, I just brought facts to you that they relied on Eritrea and the Oromo fighters way too much believing in some domino effect within Ethiopia. Thus this underpined their whole strategy they rebufed every and any peace talks favouring to get legitimacy through the gun. The mistake was a fatal one and thus it is unlikely they will ever come back as the force they once where..

^^^

I just want to know how many people live in those regions, and the number should at least be accurate. I doubt that there is any site or person who has the accurate number of how many people live in those regions.

And you assume that i didn’t know that they had depended on Eritrea and Oromo fighters. TFG and ICU on numerous occasions declined to negotiate. One just happened to have America the World Power and Ethiopia the puppet of the World Power as allies. You are as weak as your allies. Duke, don’t you know that when one returns they tend to return stronger, more skilled and determined.

I just want to know how many people live in those regions, and the number should at least be accurate. I doubt that there is any site or person who has the accurate number of how many people live in those regions.

The same for Mogadishu's population..There are only estimates and thats relative to who you ask.

And you assume that i didn’t know that they had depended on Eritrea and Oromo fighters. TFG and ICU on numerous occasions declined to negotiate. One just happened to have America the World Power and Ethiopia the puppet of the World Power as allies. You are as weak as your allies. Duke, don’t you know that when one returns they tend to return stronger, more skilled and determined.

Indeed but on most occsaions groups like these never return to their former power, much like the fact how Xasan Dahir never returned to Bossaso and Gedo his former bases and thus unlikely that he will return to Mogadishu.

^^^

So all those regions added together make the population of Mogadishu? I would love to see where you get your info.

Hassan dahir, wasn’t the only one running the ICU. You are comparing a person with a group? Come’on now you were suppose to be smarter than this.

^^^No Puntland alone has a higher population to Mogadisu, so does Somaliland, so does Bay& Bakool region, and the Jubaas.

Mogadidhu is a single city and the majority of it are very pro TFG supporterss.

Xasan Dahir was the leader of this clan based fake religious movements, thus him and his group and friends have never taken power in Bossaso, and in Gedo this is a historic fact.

Where are you getting this information from duke?

Your opinion maybe yours but the facts aren’t so bring forth the facts that could proof your claims.

Again, the ICU was stronger in 2006, than it was in Bosasso. A historice fact doesn’t reveal future facts, only assumptions like yours. The TFG is making argeements with some of its parliament members and you want me to believe that it has the support of the majority of the somalis living in Mogadishu. Clan/warlords leaders are not the majority of the people. You are full of assumptions and no facts.

^^^It is a fact that the Xasan Dahirs adventures started in Bossaso, then went on to Gedo and then Mogadishu, since his group have not been able in any way to return to Bossaso and Gedo what makes you think it will return to Mogadishhu and the south? Thus my assuption is using history as a reference your is relying on what?

Its you who claimed all those regions combined has the population of Mogadishu which you put at two million?

^^^

The fact that there are Islamic militias hiding-out in Mogadishu and not in Bossaso or Gedo, refutes the fact that comparing those two cities with Mogadishu is not a precise one. My supposition comes from the reality that is on the ground today, a history that is being revealed as we speak. You are talking about past events, mine is that there are Islamic militias in Mogadishu today, while you speak of Hassan Dahir being chased out of Bossaso and Gedo.

I asked you a simple question. Don’t you know what a question mark stands for?

You insisted that Puntland alone has a higher population than Mogadishu as well as Somaliland, Bay, Bakool, and the Juba regions. I asked you where you get these facts from –you are still to answer that question. I was honest enough to admit that i don’t know how many people live in those regions, however those regions are under populated.

^^My sister Puntland has larger pupulation than Moqadishu, it is even uncomparable because an only one city and whole region, basic maths...

So does Somaliland... but you are right in terms of Cities the largest and most pupulation city Mogadishu...

I hope I did sound neutral there...

^^^Ok lets see the estimates goes like this.

The various estimates are as follows..

Puntland state has a population estimate [2004]- 2.8 million

with over 30% living in the fastest growing cities. And 70% of its population under the age of 30 years of age.

2.8 million

source for 2.4 million

Somalia Population

9.5 million (UN estimate 2002).

Mogadishu. Population: 1.2 million (UN estimate 2000, including suburbs).

source

Somaliland Population 3 million 1997 estimate

source Somaliland

Tukaale

Do you know why i doubt Portland’s population? It is because most people reside in Bossaso and gaalkacyo where business booms. I was well aware of the fact that Puntland is a whole region and not a city. While Mogadishu a city only, has 2 million people and Puntland has only 2.4 million people living in the whole region called Puntland. For a region it is in FACT under populated.

But what I enjoyed the most was duke speaking without having any facts to back up his allegations. :D

^^^Ok lets see the estimates goes like this.

The various estimates are as follows..

Puntland state has a population estimate [2004]- 2.8 million

with over 30% living in the fastest growing cities. And 70% of its population under the age of 30 years of age.

2.8 million

source for 2.4 million

Somalia Population

9.5 million (UN estimate 2002).

Mogadishu. Population: 1.2 million (UN estimate 2000, including suburbs).

source

Somaliland Population 3 million 1997 estimate

source Somaliland