Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Sharp cutlery knifes Vs Samurai swords

samurai-sword.gif I have noticed the recent celebrations by the confused folks and their supporters regarding the demise of what they perceive the Yusuf admin and his interest.

They are sharpening their dinner service knifes and waiting for the chickens to come home to roost.

They point out that Mohamed Dheere has nearly been disarmed and that some others will be dealt with. They praise the agreement signed by Sharif Ahmed & Nur Cade two kinsmen, an agreement which was run by two committees led by Ahmed Abdisalan & the other fella two other cousins.

The agreement signed if one reads is not even worth arguing against, they will create a parliament of 550 MP’s comprising of the 275 existing MPS’ who came through the 4.5 formula with an additional 275 who will be picked by the ARS leadership the courts and other “Mujahidin” this selection they say will not be based on 4.5 but on something else.

Hence some people will get upset. For how will it work? Also who will fund this group, the international community that could not fund the 275MP’s but now will support double the amount?

Now I support any agreement that aims to bring peace the onus is on those who created and signed it to implement it, to get it passed the parliament.

If its sole aim was to get rid of President Yusuf whos term is ending in months, then its amazing that they would destroy everything and their future chances of running the country because of this single man.

What power he wields that it took, Ethiopia, ARS, Djibouti and the NGO lobby to come together and create this confused and totally irrational agreement. Not to mention the other groups, Al Kebaab, Xasan Turki's Mujahids, old man Xasan are not supporting it.

The other Somali clans will see it as a threat to the system and a return of the fear to be dominated by the clan of those who signed it. It gives great ammunition to the President and isolates those who signed it.

As for the self interest, Yusuf has the most armed Somali military, he has been carefull to keep his armed forces intact and has not gone on any adventure, thus without losing a single battle he has acquired space, weapons and trained new militia. While decimating the opposition hence why they are in Djibouti, Asmara & he is Garowe a capital within Somalia ;) Today he has lost nothing, still head of state, gaining the support of the existing parliament maybe 90% or more, his super base Puntland is intact and thriving. Only the Ethiopians are a threat to Yey, no other group in Somalia can do a thing.

Thus come with your sharpened cutlery knifes, the Duke's samurai sword is polished and ready to be let lose. :D

^^^I repeat no power in Somalia can match Yusuf . The Ethiopians are a threat only and they can be outplayed politically.

He is a brilliant politician but a far better military strategist. As for all the cheap talk of late, what has changed, a group of men in Djibouti signed an agreement, and other claimed it was wonderful obviously so they can receive their pay checks from the UNDP. The parliment will pass this? Adan Madobe and others will just give up their power their salaries because Nur Cade & his cousins signed an agreement in the dark in Djibouti.

Not to mention how the Somali clans see this agreement?

The deal doesn't make any sense, I give you that but for Yeey, I'm afraid his days are coming to an end even he has superior force. There is no way he could politically and militarily sustain the TFG even Xamer come the departure of Ethio troops.

Adeer Che, the simple fact is that the President is not in Mogadishu because of clans or even Ethiopia he is in Mogadishu because of his own power play the same reason he was in Baioda and Jowhar before.

The fact he has outsmarted his enemies defeated their attacks, took on their propaganda machine all the time while being quite ill shows the mettle of the man.

Also the Ethiopians feel used, he got rid of Geedi while they were grooming him, he got rid of Gabre and now Mesfin anger is doing nothing. The agreement gives Yusuf a very simple tool, look I want equality within the clans, these groups don’t,.

I want a national government, these groups don’t.

Its your choice I can leave today and retire, what do you MP’s have who will protect you?

They tried to kill him, however they turned him into the only savior of the parliament and hero.

His silence is golden They are all guessing what are his intentions, why is he in Garowe?.. ;)

^How long can he stay in Mogadisho if the Ethiopians leave, and everyone else turns against him. The most of the south is overrun by the Al-Shabaab and their allies, and those from Mogadisho within the TFG will abandon him. He will have retreat if this scenario materialises.

AYOUB   

Dukow, the bleasure is mine. smile.gif The old colonel might now be in the safety of his "base", what is the exit plan the poor teenage malitiamen he left behind?

Che Adeer, Al Shabaab can pretty much defeat little tin pot warlords as in the case of Hiiraale [who was hated by the locals] however yusuf has a real army who daily take out Shabaab forces and were they ever met head on it was the Al Kebaab who ran.

When the Ethiopians leave what will be the excuse to continue fighting? I wish they would just move out tomorrow and then we would have a big fight but when the smoke clears and Yusuf still holds Mogadishu what would be the excuse, oh we were not ready yet.

Ayoub adeer, you know me I will just rub these little words in your face later on and you will run as usual. :DBe a man and look at the situation properly, you dont even come with a kitchen knife against my shinning sword. :D

Che, do go on.

Oodweyne....Somalia is no Afghanistan,and the Pashtuns are not comparable to the said group.

Duke...Realistically, I just don't see Yeey putting up a fight in Mogadisho. The best scenario for him and Puntland is if these wadaado turn the guns on each other as is the habit of Somalis since they are united only by their opposition to Ethios and Yeey. What allies does he have in the south will help succeed?

Oodweyne, H.E Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed is no Hamid Karzie adeer.

Again you delude yourself, You forget its the Duke you speak to, when the late Egaal, tuur and Riyaale were signing “Happy Birthday Mr President “ To Siyad Barre, Yusuf was the first man to fight against that horrid regime. :D You lads even made poems in praise for Siyad not to mention all the singing..

[When your SNM claimed LA, it was Yusuf who chased you out and humiliated Riyaale, there were no Ethiopians then and you only opened your eyes when he went on his mission to the south. Thus he was prelude to your SNM and defeated “Somaliland” in LA.

Again your argument is weak and without merit. It is based on just scribbling any old garbage and then making funny noises to you. Adeer in aYuusf has fought real wars, and faced great obstacles. He is a man while still breathing who will bring fear to any and all of his enemies and just like Mesfin, Zenawi now and Mhengestu before have realized, he is a man with his own interest and does not give a damn about any others.

Che, adeer you was one of those who belived the hype of the firts wave of figthing, remmeber Baidoa and what happened, many said then "Ethiopia can do nothing" and were routed in 4 days.

Today this group no wadaad but a clan militia have lost a great deal, while Yusuf has been building and if it comes to an open fight he has more than 10,000 troops in Mogadishu baracks with heavy fire power.

Not a single barack has even been over powered all this time. Thus its one thing setting of road bombs face to face he will crush them.

Yusuf disadvantage is, his illness and age, and the Ethiopians who now see that he has build a base contrary to their interest and want to destroy things.

che you forget that it was Yusuf who crushed the much better armed and financed Al Itixad He knows how to dealw ith Somali's.