Sign in to follow this  
Juje

2 Somali Radio Journalists Killed

Somalia: Brave new airwaves

[The National - Feb. 17, 2004]

Somalia is a country with no government, no apparent help from the outside world. The capital Mogadishu is ruled by warlords, freelance militia, and a lot of guns. But in this chaos is a voice of hope, make that many voices. They come from a nascent radio and television network created by a group of Somali Canadians. They believe giving voice to the people can make a world of difference.

A reporter, a cameraman and a gun are the elements needed for a Somali television crew to head out for their day's work. There are a lot of stories to cover on the war-torn streets of Mogadishu and only one way to get the job done. Under the protection of private security forces, hired gunmen.

It's a holiday in Somalia and the TV crew is assigned to go into the marketplace and gauge the public mood. This is a light story, but no one lets their guard or their gun down. While the reporter learns about bargains in men's shorts, someone else in the crowd expresses his opinion of the media-with a gunshot. The critic isn't sure he's got the message across, so he fires again.

Trying to produce fair and objective media coverage in a country shattered by civil war and controlled by warlords seems almost impossible, but that's exactly what Horn Afrik Radio and Television is trying to do. It's the brainchild of three Somali Canadians who came home to give a voice to ordinary people. Operating out of a secure compound, Horn Afrik broadcasts over one television and two radio stations. It also transmits BBC and Voice of America programs.

Ahmed Aden is the program director. He's one of three owners who launched Horn Afrik four years ago, believing the answer to conflict was communication. He went to Canada in 1989, fleeing the breakdown of Somalia. He found a good job working for the city of Ottawa. He bought a house and started to raise a family, but he couldn't forget his homeland. He says he was able to go back into the heart of the danger he had fled only because of the security Canada had given him.

"If I was not able to adjust to the life in Ottawa or in Canada, I do not believe I would be able to come back here and do what I'm doing here," Aden says. "In fact, it is that confidence that you gain in Canada that allowed me to come back here and to do to take the level of risk and to do whatever I'm doing."

He came home to be the news director in a media business with Canadian ideas. In defiance of Somalia's strict social codes, his employees come from all different clans and include a number of career women, something quite radical for this society. Reporters are dispatched to places where no one goes to help anymore, not even aid workers.

On this morning, Horn Afrik investigates the story of a gang rape the night before in one of Mogadishu's many sprawling camps for displaced people. Women and children are consistently the victims of the chaos and anarchy in Somalia.

Reporter Mohamed Hassan is one of the few people to ever ask the women what's happening. "She said that we are in fear. Sometimes they come here to rape, sometimes they loot our properties. We are in fear. There is nobody who's going to protect us," Hassan says of his assignment to interview the women.

Horn Afrik is very ambitious. In a country without any government, its owners feel they have to do more than just cover the stories. They bring in community activists to help determine what collectively they could do to fix the problems exposed in the news.

Ali Sharmarke is another founding owner. He had a good job in the federal Finance Department in Ottawa before he felt compelled to return here. "We see the media as a means to do a social change, and probably I can say now Horn Afrik is one of the best instruments for social change in Somalia
," Sharmarke says.

This transmission tower was only half built when the all-powerful warlords tried to take it down. Ironically, it was with help from their own clan that Horn Afrik's owners resisted. But warlords and their gunmen have attacked several times. The most devastating occasion when gunmen murdered Horn Afrik's driver.

"We are in the middle of chaotic environment, and all of us through our activities, we are at the risk of getting killed. That's the reality," Sharmarke says.

Not everyone has a gun in Somalia, but just about everyone has access to a radio. Horn Afrik reaches a broad audience of Somalis with programs modelled on ones from Canada.

"One idea that stuck very strong with me in Canada is the idea of people talking to each other over the radio by phone, people able to call. I listened to all sorts of programs from Rex Murphy to CounterSpin to people talking to each other and people calling," Aden says.

Meet Somalia's Rex Murphy. Filistine Imam hosts one of the most popular shows in Mogadishu, an afternoon call-in program where people have the courage to criticize the militias and gunmen who terrorize them. The broadcast is nothing short of subversive.

"The two things that work for militia leaders is misinformation and an isolation," Aden says. "So they put you into a group, a camp, and say you are different, you are unique. Your problem is only your problem, and I am the only person that can help you with that. Here you had people talking to each other from different parts of the city, talking about the same issues."

In another room, Farah Usef is working the phones for his As It Happens-style program called Today's Events. He's trying to interview warlords to ask them why they are stalling the Somali peace talks.

"The call is getting through, but mostly they don't answer. Even if they answer, mostly they speak in a very rude language," Usef says.

Usef has all their numbers as he works through his warlord directory. He has only a few hours to put together the show all by himself. So far, no interviews. Aden is more surprised that many warlords do talk to Horn Afrik and some have actually come into the studio. It makes him optimistic.

"I can see people's attitudes changing from things that they never thought of yesterday that is possible today, and to me, the most powerful change comes from the mind," Aden says.

Technology gives Horn Afrik a reach and a scope that the primitive warmongers of Somalia can never have, but that technology depends on things over which Horn Afrik has no control.

For Usef, one of the phone lines is dead, there's only one phone line left and 45 minutes before the show.

In the TV studio, an arts and culture show is just ending. They strike the set quickly getting rid of the flowers and the fluff to make way for the evening newscast. Jaytaye Osman Jaytaye is a switcher. When he was a child, he saw his father gunned down. His mother moved him to Canada. He came back here on his own to learn about his country. He was shocked to see the anarchy and destruction here. Horn Afrik is the only place that gives him hope.

"You have all these different clans that work, are friends in the same place. Everybody gets along, and that's how Somalia should be, like Horn Afrik, but it's not right now," Jaytaye says.

Horn Afrik is the small enterprise with big dreams of infecting Somalia with the values its owners acquired a world away.

"What is more important than the education we get from Canada and America is the culture, culture of tolerance," Sharmarke says. "If we, rather than pulling apart and destroying, if we try to bring it [somalia] together and build it, it's more than enough."

For 12 years, Somalis have lived in anarchy and violence, a country forgotten and abandoned by the rest of the world. But on the strength of those with the courage to go back, there's hope to talk back the night. Farah Usef finally got his warlord accountability interview. His show made it to air. The night lights up with the free exchange of ideas and a glimmer of hope.

Chimera   

oh no

i remember reading that CBC story about their success 2 two years ago and back then i got this nice warm feeling inside knowing there were still Somalis trying to rebuild the Somali media sector and provide neutral info to the masses

i'm sick of this....

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by me:

Eebe ha u naxariisto, the finger is pointed at the xabash invaders and their TFG collaborators. The enemy is trying to sillence those that are speaking out. The enemy will fail.

Ilaahay ha u naxariisto. I tend to agree with the above. The occupiers are paving the way for their upcoming genocidal campaign. Some people are making implicit remarks aimed at laying the blame on the resistance. Lets not forget that it was the occupiers and their Somali agents that ransacked, shelled and attempted to demolish HornAfrik's offices back in April, not the resistance.

The resistance desperately needs and relies on the media to get its messages out. Without the likes of HornAfrik and Shabelle, the occupiers would continue to downplay their losses to the outside world and thus prolong the occupation. For this reason, it would be illogical for the resistance to attack the media.

We all know the real perpetrators of these crimes. The occupiers conceived it and their Somali agents carried it out. Sure, some in the TFG said the killing was 'revolting' but aren't these same men the ones who took Shabelle off air and arrested its reporters just two days ago?

Sharmake's famous final words are closer to the truth, when he says that the attacks on the Somali media were "meant to prevent a real voice that described the suffering in Mogadishu to other Somalis and to the world." Making reference to the killers of his colleague, he continues, "the perpetrators want to silence our voices in order to commit their crimes." In this last quote, Sharmarke is clearly referring to the occupation and its agents. In other words, he had no doubt that the killers of his colleague emanated from the ranks of the occupiers and their agents, rather than the resistance. The quote simply wouldn't make sense if it was referring to the resistance. Surely, no Somali believes that the resistance, whose aim is to liberate Somalis, would be intending to commit crimes against the very same people they aspire to liberate?

The resistance along with all patriotic Somalis will view Sharmarke and Elmi as martyrs of the impending struggle to liberate our homeland.

Juje   

Originally posted by Tahliil:

What line??....I will assume just for the sake of the people who are living in this hell that you are talking about some imaginary lines that are being drawn behind some computer screens somewhere in Europe or North america just to kill and waste away some time as am doing now and surely as you will do after I post this and nothing particular for the dire situation and the hellish lives that these pple are literally forced to live... this is, this whole exercise is utterly nothing but a very expensive debate meant to protract and mislead..

Morality doesn't come, never comes in single, pre-designed small gift bags...its more like a whole...like a cow...You either take it, embrace it as in totality or leave it and shun it and undersadn that the wolves, all wolves, that is, would want, would love to live like wolves...

What a load of ballacks. By drawing the line I dont mean the 'dead-package' as you put it sxb,but rather the blaming game. Lets get that out of the way, ok.

As for who is responsible, "Allahu Yaclaam". Having said that we know that there are two opposing armed political organisation in town - Axmaro+TFG and the Resistance. The two marxuums (Allah uu Naxaristo) were killed by either,cause they both believe in assasinating individuals who are a threat to their existance and propoganda.

Bilal saxiib however much you put colour in this episode, it is well documented that the Maxakamiins have used this system pre and post their rule. The assasination of high ranking individuals narrows down to them, like wise they also accepted the killing of government appointed 'gudomiyayaal degmo' - which proves that they are not hollier than thou and practice the art of charecter elimination at its best.

Hence we may hate the Axmaro and their stooges but are we willing to accept fabrigated and orchestrated propoganda to cover a malicious intend - I certainly will not.

Malika   

This is tragic,beyond any sense,walle we have crossed boundries of sanity long time ago,what is happening in Somalia is senseless,utter senseless!

I am sick and tired of this nonsenses,baal ragaan yaa nagaa qabta! you men,with your bollocks! :mad: :mad:

Inaa ilahii wainaa rajcuun!,may allah rest their souls in peace..amiin

Tahliil   

'the dead package' kulahaa?? Saxiib have some respect for the departed at least...May the Almighty have mercy on their souls...Its tragic as it is...I don't think the situation calls for more aggrevation and disrespect than its already been warranted...

One only sees, feels and understands as one is being forced and pushed to his/her own limits...anything else is just pure Dacdaacsi walaal...and I personally am one who says never NEVER...

Jabhad   

The two marxuums (Allah uu Naxaristo) were killed by either,cause they both believe in assasinating individuals who are a threat to their existance and propoganda.

The question you should ask sxb is, why most of these killings of such a high profile individuals [military personell, journalists and community leaders] happen before or after the ICU rule.

aaska%20Cali%20Iimaan2.jpg

General Gabre is in "mourning"

iimaan14.jpg

Shabeele"Wasiiro iyo Madax ka tirsan booliska dowladda KMG ah oo ka qeyb qaatay Aas"

sw-005.jpg

Qabuuraha Taree-disho ee duleedka Magaalada Muqdisho

Jabhad   

SOMALIA

TheStar.com - World - Canadian journalist assassinated

Canadian journalist assassinated

261511_3.JPG

Canadian Ali Sharmarke (left) and Ahmed Abdisalam Adan, co-founders with Mohamed Elmi of HornAfrik, an independent news broadcaster in their native Somalia. Sharmarke was killed by a car bomb Aug. 11. Email story

Mogadishu journalists slain just hours apart MOGADISHU–Two prominent Somali journalists were assassinated yesterday, one outside his office and the other as he returned from his fallen colleague's funeral.Ali Sharmarke left Ottawa to fight for press freedom in war-torn country

Aug 12, 2007 04:30 AM

Michelle Shephard

Staff Reporter

Inside Mogadishu's radio station HornAfrik, there's a faded poster that reads: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

This was Canadian Ali Sharmarke's guide for the eight years he reported in the world's most war-torn city.

Yesterday, Sharmarke was killed in a car bombing, robbing the Somali Canadian and journalism communities of one of their best.

Sharmarke fled here with his family when Somalia's government fell in 1991 and the country descended into civil war. Like so many Somalis who sought refuge in the 1990s, Sharmarke was proud of his citizenship and fiercely loyal to his adopted country.

But Sharmarke eventually felt a pull back to his homeland and, again like so many others, went back to try to import some of the peace he had found in Canada.

He established Somalia's first independent radio station with two other Canadians in December 1999. HornAfrik provided what was often the only glimpse the outside world had of the chaos inside Mogadishu. To those in Somalia, the radio station brought the outside world in.

Somehow – throughout the tyrannous rule of warlords, an Islamic government and now a fragile interim government propped up by Ethiopia – Sharmarke always managed to survive. In 2002, the Canadian Journalists For Free Expression honoured the HornAfrik founders. "(HornAfrik's) journalists have faced constant intimidation and threats in a society where there is no one to protest to, and no protection of the freedom of the press," an awards gala in Toronto was told.

Few foreign journalists reported from inside Mogadishu, but those who did turned to Sharmarke for help. Before travelling to Mogadishu last fall, I contacted Sharmarke who happened to be visiting relatives in Toronto at the time. He came to the Toronto Star for a tour of the newsroom, where we talked over coffee about visiting Somalia.

"You'd be crazy to come most of the time," I remember him saying. "But now you'll be safe." I believed him, and I was.

Last fall, the Union of Islamic Courts had control of Mogadishu and I went to interview a former Toronto grocer who was then one of the Islamic leaders. Sharmarke helped with many details of the visit.

When I first saw him in Mogadishu, he was inside the walled and guarded HornAfrik compound, working two cellphones and reading something on his computer.

When we moved to sit in a shaded area in the garden, he offered fruit and juice even though he was fasting for Ramadan at the time. We talked politics and he explained that he was not a supporter of the UIC, but supported the relative peace they brought to the city. "You'll see for yourself," he said.

Later that evening, he met me outside the hotel where I was staying and looked a little weary. "They just closed our station in Kismayo," he said as he slumped in his chair. The UIC opposed the coverage of a women's protest of the Islamists' takeover of the port city, even though they had allowed similar coverage in the past.

"The problem is it's so arbitrary."

No one claimed responsibility for yesterday's bombing. Both the interim government and those loyal to the Islamists, who were overthrown by Ethiopian troops last December, had recently been critical of HornAfrik's reporting. That likely would have pleased Sharmarke because he always tried to find balance in his reporting.

Earlier the same day one of Sharmarke's colleagues had been targeted, shot dead near the radio station.

"The killing was meant to prevent a real voice that described the suffering in Mogadishu to other Somalis and to the world," Sharmarke told an Associated Press reporter about his colleague's death.

Sharmarke was driving home from his friend's funeral when the explosion occurred.

UN RHC statement on killings of Somali journalists

Press Statement

UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for Somalia strongly condemns the

killing of two journalists, harassment of the media and calls for end to

impunity

Nairobi 12 August 2007 - UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for

Somalia, Eric Laroche, has strongly condemned the killing of two prominent

figures in the Somali independent media within hours of each other on

Saturday 11 August and called for decisive action to ensure the freedom and

safety of the media. These are the most recent in a spate of attacks

against the media in Somalia which brings to six the number of journalists

killed in the country this year.

Saturday's first victim was HornAfrik Radio journalist Mahad Ahmed Elmi, who

was gunned down by four unknown men in the morning. The second, Ali Iman

Sharmarke, was the founder and chairman of HornAfrik and was reportedly

killed in his car by a remotely detonated device as he returned from his

colleague's funeral. Two other journalists traveling in Sharmarke's car

escaped with injuries.

Sharmarke was a Somali-Canadian who returned to Mogadishu nine years ago to

establish and manage the media group. The group works regularly with the

United Nations on AIDS and mine awareness, child soldier recruitment and

other programmes. Both victims were respected figures among Somali

journalists who strive to keep alive freedom of information and principles

of impartial and accurate reporting in Somalia's violent environment.

A third journalist, Abdihakim Omar Jimale, from Radio Moqadishu, was also

victim of an assassination attempt on Friday evening and is still under

medical supervision for his injuries. No group has so far claimed

responsibility for these crimes.

On Friday morning nine journalists and other workers of Radio Shabelle were

seized for several hours without court order by a senior police officer who

was looking for the journalist who had just broadcast a report about a

security-related event the night before. Journalist Mohamed Abdi Farah

'Afgoye' has been in hiding since and fears for his life. The same radio

station had been threatened a few days before by a foreign diplomat whose

threats were recorded and broadcast by the station.

The UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for Somalia, Eric Laroche,

strongly condemns this spate of attacks, and now targeted killings, against

journalists. At this trying time he wishes to convey his personal sympathy

to the families and colleagues of the victims and to express solidarity with

members of a profession that perform vital work in fulfilling the right to

know.

The UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for Somalia calls on all

authorities and other groups throughout the country to respect the right of

all to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart

information through any media. The violent events of the last days show how

vulnerable freedom of expression remains in Somalia. The Transitional

Federal Government is responsible for ending impunity for attacks on

journalists by conducting prompt and impartial investigations and preventing

any form of harassment of the media. Furthermore, the draft legislation on

media must ensure that freedom of information and media, as enshrined in

article 20 of the Transitional Federal Charter, is fully protected. ENDS

Note to editors: for more information please contact,

Susanne Morrell: +254-720204992

Renaud Detalle: +254-734057137

Sue Morrell

Communications adviser

UNDP Somalia

Tel: +254 (0)20 4255209

Mob: +254 (0)720 204 992

SOLJA oo cambaareeyay dilka Weriyayaal lagu dilay Muqdisho

Hargeysa (Ogaal)- Ururka Suxufiyiinta Somaliland ee SOLJA, ayaa cambaareeyay dilalka loo geystay Weriyayaal ka tirsanaa laba Idaacadaha Capital Voice iyo Horn Afrik ee Magaalada Muqdisho, oo dorraad mid ka mid ahna la dilay, midka kalena Miino loo dhigay waddadii uu marayay ay la kacday.

Warsaxaafadeed arrintaa ku saabsan oo uu ku saxeexnaa Guddoomiyaha SOLJA Mustafe Cabdi Ciise (Shiine), ayaa waxa uu u dhignaa sedan;

"Ururka suxufiyiinta Somaliland ee SOLJA waxa ay canbaaraynayaan dilalka isba jooga ahaa ee loo gaystay Labada Wariye ee ka kala hawlgeli jiray Idaacadaha the capital Voice iyo Horn of Afrik, kuwaasi oo kala ahaa Cali Iimaan Sharmaarke iyo Mahad Cilmi, kuwaasi oo midna la dilay, isagoo u shaqa tegayay Idaacada uu u shaqeeynayay, midna Miino loo dhigay ay la kacday, isagoo ka soo laabtay aaskii weriyaha hore ee Mahad.

Tallaabooyinkan ka dhacaya dalkan aynu jaarka nahay ee Soomaaliya waxa aanu urur ahaan u aragnaa inay yihiin kuwo la damacsan yahay in lagu cabudhiyo xorriytul qawlka, isla markaana lagu damacsan yahay in lagu aamusiyo dhawrka Idaacadood ee ka warama dhacdooyinka halista ah ee haysata ummaddaasi Soomaaliyeed, isla markaasina tusaale looga dhigayo suxufiyiinta kale ee hadhsan in ay afka xidhaan, indhahana wax ka daawadaan.

Sidaa daraadeed waxa ururka Suxufiyiinta Somaliland ee SOLJA uu canbaaraynayaa cid kasta oo door ku leh cabudhinta iyo dilalka lagula kacay wareyayaasha ka hawlgala dalkaasi, iyadoo si gaar ah uu ururkani u canbaaraynayo falalka ay ciidamada dawlada federaalka ah ee uu hogaamiyo Cabadilaahi Yuusuf kula kaceen Idaacadaha Shabeelle iyo Horn Afrik, qaasatan dhacdooyinkii ay ciidamadaasi ku baadheen Idaacadda Shabeelle, sidoo kale ay ku kaxaysteen weriyayaashii halkaasi ka hawlgalayay.

Si kastaba xaalku ha ahaadee waxa dhinacyada isku haya Dalkaasi Soomaaliya looga digayaa inay ku sii socdaan falalka noocan ah, hadddii kalese waxa iman doonta in laga xisabtamo."

Sidoo kale waxa dilkan dhaleeceeyay Ururka Suxufiyiinta aan Xuduudka lahayn ee RSF, isla markaana u soo jeediyay Maamulka Mbeghati inay sugaan ammaanka Suxufiyiinta iyo sidoo kale inay tallaabo ka qaadaan ciddii ka dambaysay dilkan, si looga hor tago inay sii socdaan qul-qulatooyinka iyo dilalka ka dhanka ah Saxaafadda Madaxa bannaani.

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by Juje:

Bilal saxiib however much you put colour in this episode, it is well documented that the Maxakamiins have used this system pre and post their rule. The assasination of high ranking individuals narrows down to them, like wise they also accepted the killing of government appointed 'gudomiyayaal degmo'

With this sort of logic, the Ethiopians must be feeling good about themselves. Their new tactic of attempting to close Somalia's window to the world is going rather well. The occupiers understand well that Western journalists won't risk their lives in the black swathe that is Somalia. As such, the equation from here is quite simple: get rid of Somali journalists and you have free reign. They can then proceed with their genocidal campaign free of media scrutiny.

Instead of concentrating on the bigger picture of this worrying development - i.e. what this would mean for the next torture, rape victim; here we are barking up the wrong tree and blaming our own. The fragile nature of our unity is precisely what gave our enemies the audacity to invade our country in the first instance.

I must stress this again - the resistance has most to lose from a downfall in media output. Why would they risk losing publicity for their cause by killing their own messengers?

BiLaaL   

Sheekh Shariif oo beeniyey inay Golaha Maxkamadaha ka dambeeyeen Suxufiyiintii lagu dilay magaalladda Muqdishu

Mogadisho, Axad , August 12 2007 SMC

Guddoomiyaha Guddiga Fulinta ee Golaha Maxkamadaha Islaamka Somalia, Sheekh Shariif Sheekh Axmed, ayaa gaashaanka ku dhuftay inay Kooxdiisa ka dambeysay dilkii Milkiilihii Shabakadda Warbaahinta Horn Afrik, Cali Iimaam Sharma’arke iyo Madixii Idaacadda Codka Caasimadda “Capitaal Voice”, Mahad Axmed Cilmi, oo shalay lagu dilay magaalladda Muqdishu.

Sheekh Sheekh, oo haatan ku sugan Caasimadda dalka Eriteria ee Asmara, ayaa ku eedeeyey inay Dowladda Federalka iyo Ciiddamadda Ethiopianka ka dambeeyaan falka lagu khaarijiyey labadaasi Marxuum, waa sida uu hadalka uu u yiri.

Warkan oo aan si khaas ah saakayto uga soo xiganay Laanta Afka Carabiga ee Idaacadda BBC-da, ayaa waxa uu Sheekh Shariif oo hadalkiisa la turjumayo ku sheegay inay muddo dheer ay Ethiopianka iyo xulafadooda ku hawlanayaan sidii ay u caburin lahaayeen Saxaafadda, isla markaana ay albaabadda isugu dhufteen Idaacaddo Madax-bannaan oo ku yaalla magaalladda Muqdishu, waa sida uu hadalka u yiri.

“Waxay xireen Idaacaddo iyo suxufiyiin uu ka mid ahaa Cali Iimaan Sharma’arke, oo ay dhowr jeer xireen, haatanna, waxaa isbedelay xaalladihii, waxayna bilaabeen inay Suxufiyiinta dilaan” ayuu yiri Guddoomiyaha Guddiga Fulinta ee GMIS, Sheekh Shariif Sheekh Axmed.

Dhinaca kale, Hoggaamiye ka tirsan GMIS oo aan magaciisa la sheegin ayaa u sheegay mid ka mid ah Wargeysyadda Caalamka Carabta ugu afka dheere in sababaha loo bartilmaameedsanayo Suxufiyiinta inay tahay sidii loo cabsi-gelin lahaa, isla markaana looga horjoogsan lahaa si aysan u soo bandhigin waxa uu ugu yeeray Fadeexooyinka Ciiddamadda Ethiopianka iyo kuwa DFKMGS ee tacadiyadda u geysta Rayidka Soomaalida, waa sida uu hadalka u yiri Hoggaamiyahaasi.

Sida maanta lagu soo daabacay Wargeyska Asharqal-awsaad ee ka soo baxa magaalladda London, waxa uu Hoggaamiyahaasi qariyey magaciisa iyo halka uu ka joogo gudaha dalka Somalia ku eedeeyey Sirdoonka DFKMGS iyo kuwa Ethiopianka inay ka dambeeyaan dilalkaasi, wuxuuna xusay in waxa ka socda gudaha dalka Somalia yihiin olole lagu mamnuucayo inaysan qeybaha kala duwan ee Warbaahinta gudaha Somalia shaacinin Tacadiyo uu sheegay inay Ciiddamaddu geystaan, waa sida uu hadalka u yiri.

Somaliweyn Media Center (SMC)

Mogadishu Somalia

Juje   

Originally posted by BiLaaL:

The fragile nature of our unity is precisely what gave our enemies the audacity to invade our country in the first instance.

Sheekoy ku nacey..! The Fragile unity you so vehemtly mention sxb, you dismatled it before you came to rule, the ICU, and in your reign you considered all others as infidils cause you arrogantly assumed you were righteous. Your policy of dealing with the public and appeasing them was lil bit short of dictatorship. The remarkably positive side of creating secure and safe envirement was over ridden by your status in declining to compromise with alternative political foes - hence the reason of the Ethiopian Invassion. Dont blame it on any one else but the rigid policies and stubborn attitude of the ICU.In simple words the ICU gave the reason, purpose and ground for the invassion of Somalia.

With that aside , regarding the blame-game, I dont know who to believe either party, but am certain due to my knowledge that no Axmaro or TFG subordinate is capable of placing a 'remote-controlled' land mine in jiid-cadaaha qaburaha Al-Barakaat adaa. , give me something else that I can buy.

Jacpher   

^Oh yeah. Ina Yusuf & Meles could not have traveled in their luxury suites on that road. That's just too risk for head of states to undertake such role.