Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Somaliland Picture Gallery!!!

RedSea   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

I don't get some of the commentary. Posting pictures of a region(or independant state as you may view it) has nothing to do with whether you accept it's self-proclaimed independance. All it shows are signs of progress and advancment which every well-intentioned Somali should admire. I don't support Somaliland independance but I have nothing but admiration and good wishes for every improvement they make. Can't we just leave it at that????

very well said, now there is forward thinking brother.

Originally posted by Rayaana:

Somaliland is a country still not recognised but has hardworking citizen. Recognition is not everything. Greator somalia has recognition and fund from the international community but still is in the same state under corruption of dictotors and uncivilized people who know only how to work with guns.

I have expected this from Bush and his irk, but never from a Soomaali. Waa ayaan daro inaad si qof foreigner camal u hadashid and calling Soomaalida walaalaha ah 'uncivilized,' as though dagaal in uu iyaga ugu horeeye.

Soomaali dhan waa wada dagaalameen, and still are at their throats, including your truly very 'civilized' Waqooyi Galbeed people [lest it escaped you the internal tribal power struggle of '94-95, we'd like you to remind].

The civil war is more protracted in the South because it is far more complicated than both Waqooyi Galbeed and Waqooyi Bari.

For one thing, more multiple diverse clans live there in a large gobolo, intertwining with no defined tribal boundaries. Secondly, the breadbasket of Soomaaliya is located there; there are regions settled by unarmed clans and forcibly occupied by other armed clans, which prolongs the conflicts.

Also the capital, with its two million residents, is located there. Each is competing in this capital, to control it is to legitimize their own tribal struggles, which is never possible.

Basides, no nation on this earth oo waligood dagaalamin ma jiro. All did one way or another.

Shame on all you people who propagate this colonial name of "Somaliland" or "Soomaalilayn". First, some people here on the one hand want to post politically offensive titles (using names like Somaliland) yet try to pass it of as if it is not "Political". It is not only political, its offensive.

Handreds of thousands of our people, our ancestors, have lost their lives to liberate dhulkayaga from greedy colonizers, both African and Europian, who divided our country into Italian Somaliland (or Italo Somalo), British Somaliland, French Somaliland (Later changed into French Territory of Afars and issas to marginalize the Somali Majority), Eastern Ethiopia (******, Hawd and western reserve) and The Northern Frontier District of kenya.

How Sad that some Somalis have now picked were the colonizers have left. Our Ancestors must be turning in their graves because even though they sacreficed everything including their lives, ignorent, clannist and insensetive separatist modern day desendends of these brave people insist on using such sacreligous colonial titles with their slavish attitudes toward former colonizers of Somalia and in the process desacrate the noble intentions of liberating and uniting our people.

Certian members have told other members that they can not say a country does not exist simply because they believe so. This is true and I agree with it but fail to understand why they too don't take their own suggistion and not insist on the existance of something that does not exist simply because they believe so. British Somaliland ceased to exist when it got its independance and united with Italian Somaliland to form Somalia, a union that cannot be desolved without the consent of the citizins of somalia to divide their country how ever they see fit, something I doubt will ever happen.

More importantly, such a colonial state did not exist to some some of our ancestors, such as the Darwiish, because, among other reasons, the British failed to adhere to and violated the "protection treaties" it signed with Northern Somali clans Such as protecting their lands from other States and illigally occopied lands with wich it had no treaties such as the nugal provence part which today is called sool.

Amoung countless and inconsistent reasons for a illigel northern secession, members here cantinue to regorgetate some old two. I have explained the colonial Ties one. The other one is that the union. Shortly put, wither that union was bad or good, get over it. The Government of that era is gone wither is was good or not ( One requirement that members cantinuesly fail to adhere to is that when you debate, you should entertain the possibility that the counter arguement, and their is always one, could be the correct one for with out this there is no need to debate). Whatever happened we must rebuild our house and that can not be done is certain unreasonable members of the family say they will take the roof or foundation elsewere because of past events.

Another thing I failed to undersstand is arguement that Somaliland is not a clannistic (NOT tribelist because we have no tribes and Somalis are one tribe) endeaver. British Somaliland was formed with with certian clans. The idea that we should return to such a state is the objective of certain northern clans unhappy with their fair share among other Greator Somalia. I only need to remind people who argue this, as this camp has suggested, that you can not believe something into existance or nonexistance simply because you so. Further more, There is no one majority clan and miniroty clans in the north. No creadable censes has ever been taken to acertain such information. This the problem of southern Somalia and northerners would be wise to stay the probagation of such inflametory misinformation.

Lastly, I am a northern Patriot who definds the unity of our people like some other members here who have been the subject ignorent and baseless attacks. Members, at the very least these people deserve your praise and not disdain for definding the unity of our people and country. To other, please is ku xeeshoda and using colonial names for yourselfs. feature.jpg36.jpgSomali%20Solders1.jpgogenia.jpgdarwiish.jpgali.jpg3723hl01l.jpghaawotaakopatsas.jpg

LANDER   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Soomaali dhan waa wada dagaalameen, and still are at their throats, including your truly very 'civilized' Waqooyi Galbeed people [lest it escaped you the internal tribal power struggle of '94-95, we'd like you to remind].

^^^That battle was on a relatively small scale, short lived and is often exploited in political circles by your like. Reconciliation was done as it always took place amnongst our people by the elders and opposing sides of the battle quickly came back to their homes and lived together as they always have. Now, I have to ask why your like are still murdering and brutalizing each other in Xamar? isn't there any limit to the brutality some folks are willing to inflict on each other? Ciigal as unpopular with his opposition as he was, at least had the decency to understand his kinsmen who where fighting him just yesterday are suffering outside city gates with little to eat and leaving them in such a condition away from their homes could only lead to longer term hatred and intra-tribal warfare. Where are the societal norms and the ethical reasoning from your like Miskiin? somalis after all are "supposed to share a common culture". Why haven't your so-called leaders been able to humble themselves and accept compromise for the greater peace and stability of the people in the south of Somalia? Ciigal's opposition could have continued the war had they choosen too, but they also understood the larger implications of such war. No matter how much they disliked him, They came from a similar societal background and live by the same social norms. I'm sure your reply will be interesting

RedSea   

ASSALAMU CALAYKUM,

mr. Naxar Nugaaleed first and foremost welcome to the site, we glad to have you.

Although I agree with some of the points that you have made, I must also disagree with some.

If you think that using the term "Somaliland" will offend people here, then I think also using the term "Somalia" is also offensive to some nomads. You must realize that here in SOL, we have little agreement, or at least from part that I can use the term Somaliland as a way that points out a particular region, from there there can be nomads who might disagree with me and say use the term Somalia when refering to Somaliland, and there are those who say use the term Somaliland as Somaliland is an independent state.

Each side tries to prove their standings and raises some points of what is and what not, but at the end of the day, there would be nothing proven in respect to time.

If you think by using the term " Somaliland" is offensive and you care so much of not offending anybody, then you oughta be inclusive when it comes to not offending others from the other side of the aisle as well. Some of the pictures that you have up there point out the times of Dictator Siyad Barre. I must respect whatever intentions that you have in posting some of those pics, particularly Xaawo Taako, and Zayid( Allah ya Raxma), because both people were great Somalis no matter what anybody says, but the pics of the soldiers were taken at the time of the Brutal Dicatator Siyad Barre, and they are extremely offensive to some nomads including I. So you might want to consider that, before you can expect anyone else to do the same for you.

Most nomads here try to glorify his/her home region or clan, therefore, let us not blame one particular group of people for the tribilst crisis facing us all Somalis.

Finally, you don't build a home by starting from the roof, you must first build pillars to hold it, and you shall agree with me that some of the pillars are crambled and need to be build up, and hence they don't locate in the north or Somaliland, so who is it to blame for our problems brother.

Shall we start by blaming Somaliland for creating self governance and peace or shall we blame the warlords who after years of blood shed seem to be getting more blood thirst??. I think any rational thinking human being knows the answer.

The unifacation of a nation is minor problem, because at least you would know where to start, compare to not having a peace at all, so let us take one step at a time, and first take care the problems in the south while encouraging those who have peace to continue on.

Peace,

Assalamu Calaykum.

RedSea   

Originally posted by nameless_chick:

Oh is that what they are talking about qabil when they say Somaliland. I was always lost, since my stay in SOL I keep seeing it and ignored it as I couldn’t understand what it meant. I 100% agree with sister Azmaya stop trying to divide the country what’s already left of it (as some are in Ethiopia and Kenya). I am actually surprised and sadden at the same time to see Red Sea continue talk about qabil. My first impression of him was religist and a good mannered person. But a religist person won’t worship qabil like this always talking about it. Now look people I am not attacking him I still think he is a top person don’t get me wrong but brother and others as sister Azmaya said stop dividing the country. If that’s what you’re aim is as I’m no condition to be giving advice because my background in Somalia aren’t that good.
:D

Other than that nice pictures, does Somalia look lik this, I can't beleive. I might after all go holidaying there.
;)

WALAALO or should I say sister Nameless, can you point out where I have talked about Qabiil? I know you don't mean to attack me here, but the truth is that sister Azmaya is repeatedly puting words into my mouth that I don't want to say.

By the way go with your first impression walaalo, that seems to be correct, and don't judge me and be quick to change without hearing from my side first. If you want to visit Hargeysa, I will give you special welcome anytime sis.You just come.

I like my people all equally,but as you might be aware of that I am from Hargeysa and I post pictures of Hargeysa, whether I call it Hargeysa, Somaliland or Hargeysa whatever, it's still Hargeysa and my homeland, so now Azmaya might want to explain to us where this Qabiil that she is refering to has come from.

assalamu calaykum.