Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Anti-Muslim Suspended

AYOUB   

The controversy arose when a new columnist wrote a series of opinionated articles for the Daily Telegraph attacking Islam, under the name of Will Cummins. He wrote 'We must be allowed to criticise Islam', 'The Tories must confront Islam instead of kowtowing to it', and a third article titled 'Muslims are a threat to our way of life'.

British Council suspends 'anti-Muslim' columnist for Telegraph

'

'

Salams Sheikh

What do you think Good News ^^^^^^^ or Bad news??

Personally am always more comfortable being able to read the true thoughts of those with whom we reside with.

AYOUB   

W Salaam S1

Bro I think its good news if this man was behind the articles and I hope others learn from him. Using a pseudonym to write such insulting newspaper columns is cowardly, especially when working for a body like the British Council which according to the Guardian supported a handbook "to prevent ignorant comments about Muslims being made in [the] national press". I agree its good to know what others really think but comparing Muslims to dogs is a step too far for a man in his position.

It is bro, but such an open abuse obviously would not be endorsed or accepted by anyone. But some of the other mis-informers such as Melenie Philips who push similar sentiments in very well articulated articles should be the one to be tackled and made to backtrack.

Infact there are soo many who make so many ignorant and generally accpeted comments towards Islam as a way of life over here in the uk, that it doesnt supprise me anymore who makes it regardless of what post the hold.

They only thing this incident does is reminds me of the difference between the Fox news US types, and the anti-islamic crowd over here, is how media weary and under-handed they are in the tactics the epmploy.