Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi Jr

What is Ailing Sharif Hassan?

What is Ailing Sharif Hassan?

News Analysis,

May 15 , 2005

By Mohamed Ali Dad

Send your comments to: admin@wardheernews.com

Sharif Hassan, the speaker of the interim Somali parliament, has triggered incredible tension in Somalia and aroused an intense anger and a feeling of rising resentment in the Somali people. He proved to be a great puzzle and a man with a questionable motives.

Out of the blue, Sharif Hassan appeared on the Somali political scene. He jumped from qat trader to speaker of a parliament that has 275 members. He failed to show wise leadership and hold the parliament together. He seems to know nothing about how to conduct the work of the parliament.

Starting from October 2004, Sharif Hassan has been making untiring efforts aimed at crippling the federal government in order to hinder it from going home and functioning normally. He revealed to be zealously committed to the political agenda of the warlords and the sinister political splinter groups based in Mogadishu. He is said to have business and marriage connections with the warlords. He is married to the niece of a ringleader of an infamous militia based in Mogadishu. So it is save to say that he is just a flunky performing tasks for the warlords. Sharif Hassan has no political agenda of his own.

He is influenced and pushed from behind by groups driven by narrow tribal mentality and opposed to the vital interests of the Somali nation.

Sharif Hassan is a big obstackle and part of the problem facing Somalia. He is neither mindful of the damage he is causing to the country nor concerned about the destiny of the Somali people. Mr. Sharif became a hatred figure and lost the respect of the majority of the Somali people. He is a perfect example of a man who failed in his assigned duty and betrayed his country and his people Sharif Hassan better understand that his connivance with the criminal warlords will backfire him. He has disappointed the Somali people and shattered their hopes in him.

The Somali parliament will be in a better shape without him.

By Mohamed Ali Dad

San Diego, Ca

Email: mohameddad@hotmail.com

Send your comments to: admin@wardheernews.com

Salaan...

He is said to have business and marriage connections with the warlords. He is married to the niece of a ringleader of an infamous militia based in Mogadishu.

He is married to three wives. Each living three different continents--Mareykanka, Australia and Dubai. As far as I know, all are Reer Arlaadi.

NB, I don't know why I find myself every other thread Shariifka is involved. :D Bas waaye, this is enough, how wild the accusations go even; koleey maraxaas waxba maka helaaye.

Jumatatu   

^^ Do you want to supply him with a third wife, why are you concerned with what he is married to..cajiib what is with you and Yeey and your interests in other peoples wife?

Rahima   

The Somali parliament will be in a better shape without him.

I can think of better ways it could be in better shape-throw out all the warlords.