Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

The Rationale of Tribal Political Dilemma

This is what I observed from the rationale of a typical somali political tribalist in great dilemma. Before you read his quick statements, let me tell you a breif introduction about this guy's background. He is the son of one former political elite of the country. Now that he is close to forties, he wants to head a campaign for his tribe to do something in Somalia. What is interesting about this guy is that he lives with his tribal believes, and he proudly speakes about it everywhere he goes. At the end of his statement, the guy becomes very frustrated, and suddenly becomes full of despair. This is what he had to analize about Somalis disputes according to his tribal perspective:

"The Somalis are fed up the tribalism idealogies that are always propelled by the traditional leaders and their bosses, warlords. I believe without tribalism, we would be the best in the world. But on the other hand, I think its not our tribe that is responsible the demise of our nation. I blame the tribe X for every wrong doing in the country, but if you think about their side, they are blaming us the same for everything.

Politically, I understand that we need a just government, but only if our tribe is the head of the state. That is right, because if you look back you find it was only our Reer Hebel who rescued the nation, and was always the eyes of others. You see, we have a history of being the single most just tribe in the affairs of Somalia. When it comes to national interest or governance, we must be recognized for our smartness and everything. You know, Reer Hebel are talking about something they can't even understand; Government. My friend, I understand everything, but the problem is with those people who hate us ever since we were Somali. We are good people, indeed.

Look, our state of the country today is that you either choose one of two problems, and that is where the dilemma comes: they will rule us and we face an extermination of the worst genocide, or we stay this way of no hope in the future of good political stability. I am asking yourself Where is the solution for our nation? Its hard to say it, isn't it?

Do we stick to the idea of reginoalism, so that every tribe takes their own land for good? That doesn't work for many regions that are inhabited more than one tribe. Do we think about revolting to the traditional elders who instill the tribal dogmas and spread the propoganda? Even though our people are open minded, and can't be misled by our elders, still Reer X will not confront the realities with their tribe.

What if we use the next door country's forces to help us overcome the other tribes in Somalia? At least that is close to what can bring about a final solution for the crisis made by Reer Hebel".

What about Culimada? I asked him.

"No, because the majority of Culimo are reer Hebel, and our tribe didn't invest enough Shiekhs in Islamic studies! To be honest with you, we are the best tribe, educators of the country, and the most civilized, but Reer Hebel don't trust our good faith. Its very sad and sometimes mind-boggling to think about what they did to us, and still think for saving Somalia"

Now that he is overcome by an emotional outbrust, he slows and sadly says this:

"Oh, you know what.... the solution must either come from our tribe or some people other than Reer Hebel, because that is the fact!"

Xoogsade   

All-Ubaahne, welcome back saxib, halkee ka dhacdey? Aragtidaada waa too clean for the present time. I developed the tendency to worry about people like you who seem way too stack in a forgotten prestine world bro. It is good to be clean in a world full of dirt. Anyhow, welcome back and peace be upon you.