Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Saudi Arabia bans the import of toy bears and dolls.

Bambina   

Salam Bulo , Islam preaches "aniconism" or, opposition to the use of icons or visual images to depict living creatures or religious figures. Such opposition is particularly relevant to the Jewish, Islamic, and Byzantine artistic traditions. (encyclopaedia britannica article)

Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13) Volume 8, Book 73, Number 151

These are the only things I found on aniconism if one of you have hadiths about the forbidden use of dolls in Islam , could you please post them?Thanks