Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

A love song for the I.C.U or incomptence comes home to roost

Liqaye   

“ There is no such thing as good or evil I can attest only to incompetence”

- Old greek saying.

Pathetic.

Is the word that can sum up the I.C.U, absolutely and totally, this word shall be attached to the I.C.U for the next 50 years of somali history, this grandiose farce that played out in somalia for 6 months, will be nothing but an apostrophe in the 16 year history of somalia warlordism and strong man rule in somalia.

When the I.C.U out of sheer desperation won the battle of mogadishu, a desperation borne not so much out of a love of somalia or as an opposition to the despised warlods but rather the a desperation borne of the clear and present possibility of being batered of to the U.S, the city and the people of banadiir rejoiced and put their support 100% behind the doyens of the movement confident that in the hands of the ulema a peacefull transition to democracy and statehood could be made one that for once would take into consideration the views of the people who were consenting to be goverened by the I.C.U.

Instead the I.C.U chose another path, they claimed that victory was their just reward as the viziers of god on earth, the people being conviniently left out of the equation, the outpouring of goodwill from all somalis were consumately ignored the confrence recomendations by the likes of galaydh or Mahdi were ignored, the diplomatic nicities that nations like egypt and sudan tried to make the I.C.U comprehend were ignored [refer to bashis topic for more on the diplomatic hash the I.C.U comitted] the counsel of elders that had given backbone to the spineless plotters and muderers of mogadishu such Hashi Ayro to think of things bigger than the shadows of alleyways but rather the control of the whole of somalia, all of these forces were ignored and belittled and one by one they stood the sidelines growing ever more preplexed that there were still more buffons to be found in mogadishu, that among the denizens of that city another warmongering cabal could rise to power, in that city were the peoples most earnest hope was peace with dignity, the I.C.U had changed it to everlasting jihad in the name of god and personal aggrandizement.

All of the voices were ignored, when people like Indhacadde were given new leases on life, the people of xamar were amused and wondered that how such a man who had addmitedly helped the clan courts could yet be appointed to represent anyone on any fora?

When kismayo was attacked prematurely where some armtwisting and sabre rattling would either have led to barres ouster by his on cousins or at the very least a recongnicanse of his position vis a vis any daliances he might have been having with abdillahi yusuf, instead the I.C.U annoyed and irritated the previously supportive people of kismayo and at the same time made a martyr and rallying call of what in the end is a very ordinary man.

Oh my god but the military blunders that were made were enormous, the men of xooga dalka, said that it would be impossible to face ethiopian tanks with massed men [for good sakes we are not the Peoples liberation army of china] when other startegies were put forward such as the harrasing of enemy lines all the way into ethiopia if need be, thus showing the ethiopians exactly what it was to fight in somalia, the I.C.U geaoraphy teachers and dugsi macalims demured in favour of pitched battles like the ones they watched on T.V during ramadhan specials of the battle of badr or qadisya, I can hear them now marveling on the injustice of it all that the battle could not be decided on the back of cavalry charges and man to man combat with double tounged swords. Imbeciles.

When the possibility of airstrikes were raised….well obviously it was never shown by the fact that two bombs dropped on leego did not directly kill anyone but the following stampede by the glorious I.C.U militia killed 54 people. Unbelivable.

No all of these thoughts did not figure into I.C.U calculations, the I.C.U was a force of nature don’t you see, like a chicken farting into the wind we all see what sort of force they meant.

In the same way that those who are waiting for a guerilla war will be sorely dissapointed, firstly the I.C.U never planned for the possibility of fighting under occupation, consequently any attacks shall be of the iraq variety spectacular only in the death count afflicted on innocents while the ethiopians sit and watch bemused by the paper tigerishness of it all, secondly any I.C.U operative asking aid of any one other than a close relative will be met by bemusement wich is better than outrage but leads to the fact that the I.C.U does not have the support of the people - qalbi jaab simple as that and the old certainties of clan politics will be returned to, lastly with the sea being pattroled the borders closed and no country willing to stick its head out for such a circus the I.C.U is well and truly unable to replenish any loss of materiel suffered during the course of the highly awaited insurgency.

I would like to make it clear to those that waver and mistake the noble goals that the people of somalia had subscribed to the I.C.U and what this cabal of boondock macalims turned it into, that you do not for one moment owe this abortionists of dreams any loyalty, nor one iota or crumb of respect, these people commited the ultimate evil and were incompetent I thank god that the decision was quick and the bunch of ****** had not prolonged the affairs beyond what the people could bear.

To those that might say by my view of the I.C.U then obviously I support the T.F.G and am gaal raac and all the eptiteths that are thrown around on the boards in an ever coarsening of discourse I have a few words for you je men fou.

In mogadishu I watched as the militia men of the I.C.U ran about helter skelter, people walked around like zombies wondering were the I.C.U was with their minds as the eyes testified that they were all around them, shaving beards and begging for positions in elders compounds, on that afternoon I walked to the local garage to get the tyres I more than expected to be gone by then right next to the shop was an arms dump, with men swirling around with that nervous energy that you get before a public whipping men positivly orgasming as they waited for the lone turbaned figure to open the doors, I ran up to him and shouted why, he did not speak but crouched at my figure standing at full height and in my immaculate white safari suit he must have thought that I was one of the helpers of the warlords demanding the keys of the store something in the youthfullness of my face or the fact that every one in the audience was looking at me with the same frank intreast, made him relise that his first supposition must have been incorrect with that the chubb lock fell open and people rushed in and rushed out, as I stood trying to understand what had just happened, I felt fear creep up on me and realised why, some one had thrust a kalashnikov in to my hand the first and last time people are ever generous with guns in somalia, and I had held on to it

the gun is my father,

the gun is my mother

The lines of the song S.P.L.A song rang in my head.

Me western educated N.G.O working woman chasing bachuss was staring at the people of mogadishu rearming and look wearly not at the horiozon and the drone of hundreds of technicals but at the freinds they had made across lines.

Piss on the I.C.U

and Piss on those that rally around the banner it threw down at the feet of the somali people.

Liqaye   

Irony, from the Greek ειρων (self-deprecator), is a literary or rhetorical device in which there is a gap or incongruity between what a speaker or a writer says, and what is generally understood (either at the time, or in the later context of history).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

NASSIR   

Jacayl, you are little too harsh. ICU did so many good things and they deserve to be remembered for what they did for us. They should have been on the pursuit to reconcile Somalis and unite them by making their courts proportional and inclusive of all the clans. They appointed themselves and gave jobs to those whom they were closer in both blood and political relationship and then saught to use naked power to control large swaths of land by discrediting the roots of our conflict, justifying their occupation under the banner of Islam.

Liqaye   

The pacification of mogadishu was the lasting legacy they could have had instead from a fundamental perversion that all somalis have they chose to hand the weapons back to the populace knowing full well were the weapons would end up, Qanyare walks out of his house in Dayniile with 12 armed trucks in the foyer of his compound and walks back with the same 12 armed trucks awaiting him in his compound, were is the justice, when this was the only obvious result of any action that might be taken by the I.C.U.

Liqaye

There is something that you are ignoring .. The ICU was defeated militarily via complete incopetence, but their opposition lacks support and the wide spread credibility in the somali community they once enjoyed.

The "pacification of mogadishu" cannot be treated as a footnote on wider subject. The UN failed to accomplish it, the USA failed, the TNG failed, the various warlord alliangces failed. .. inshort sofar everybody failed for 16 years, except them.

This says one two things:

a) they provided something the people needed/wanted and were welcomed to facilitate it, or

b) they conquered for it and where the strongest faction and subjugated people to their vision.

The reality is that there isnt much truth to the second proposition, since clearly they were maryooley, with gar gaduudan - however, if their conquering meant peace, it seemed a worthwhile sacrifice and people tooks it, hence their rapid spread.

Now what all this means is that though their army of ill equiped teenagers may be defeated, they have planted a seed in the somali conciousness. A seed of hope.

So i think you are wrong to claim incompetence, they over stretched, believed their own rhetoric and failed, taking down the good that they created. But they left behind (1) a hope that things can change, (2) somalis can be united under more than just the ubiquitous *clan* but an ideology and (3) power can change without blood shed* - this is a tentative point, but a sizable number of their acquisitions were negotiated.

These are lessons that have the capacity to change the path of any future somali state. Showing that military might does not always work and that it needs to be tempred with diplomacy was their initial strength, it is also what they forgot.

But we haven't forgotten, and that is a much more respectible legacy than any of its predecessors -- one that we should use to hold the current regime accountable

It is harsh, Clan courts failed in two matters, they choose war over peace, they then rearmed the city of Mogadishu. That in a few hours they destroyed their legacy.

“ There is no such thing as good or evil I can attest only to incompetence”

- Old greek saying.

Most Somali institutions are incompetent.

Liqaye-

When something is not black, it need not necessarily be white. It could be of many different shades of grey.---that should suffice to refute your weak argumentation style!

RedSea   

What did this guy say,Liqaye aah,waar waxaad liqsantay manaqaan,but it sure isn't a good thing.

Lately,there have been so many of these kind of creatures which get me confused of which side of the aisle they locate,they spit in every direction.

Beenta ayaa kaadaran uu iska aliftay,balo ku liqday kumana soo tufto yarow.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Jacayl, you are little too harsh. ICU did so many good things and they deserve to be remembered for what they did for us. They should have been on the pursuit to reconcile Somalis and unite them by making their courts proportional and inclusive of all the clans. They appointed themselves and gave jobs to those whom they were closer in both blood and political relationship and then saught to use naked power to control large swaths of land by discrediting the roots of our conflict, justifying their occupation under the banner of Islam.

They would have if it wasn't for the naked aggression that stood on the way of such happening by non other than the people whom you believe to be uniting the Somalis,the Xabashis.To this day,you haven't said a word which any somali with damiir would say against the illegal occupation of Xamar and most of Southern Somalia by the Xabashis,so who are you kidding mr.Somalinimo ahaa,beenta iyo is macanaynta naga aadyar,in aad tahay munaafiq waa la ogsoonyahay.

As long as people like you exist on this planet,somalis will not be able to have peice,you are simply advocating wrongful idealogy such giving the greenlight for your fellow somalis to be attack from air,sea,and killed.

The ICU were as much as Somali as you were,meaning they would welcome any ideas you would have on how to improve their doings,instead you were critising them day and night in this very section,so spare us the two munaafiq comments.

The ICU stands for the interests of the somali people,if they lose,gues what,YOU lose and I lose.Every Somali must do their part in making sure that we retake our territory by any means neccesarily however long it takes,because Allah is witness that falsehood cannot prevail over Xaq and the plain truth.

Allahu Akbar.

Muj.Red.

^^The Sage--Liqaye that is--has labored terribly, as it now seems, but unfortunately produced what amounts to a mouse! He conveniently forgot Courts political and social realities did extend across a spectrum and one cant squeeze it in a extremely narrow scale without committing intellectual dishonest!

RedSea   

^EXACTLY.Of our brave brothers who have fallen for fighting for their right to govern their country Xabashi free and in accordance with the Islamic sharica,if we examine since these people are forcing us to tell them in Qabiil(the way they operate).They would be amazed that most of the fighters that have died in the line of fire wren't from the certain Qabiil that lost lot associate with the ICU.In fact,Burcawis alone were number about 150 loses,including many that I knew their causins.

The brave brother who left Australia to join the fight was by birth from Puntland,so how rude is it to discredit the bravery of our young brothers who left their everthing that worly belonged to them to assist their brother.Just compare those to these chunk minded good for nothing that sit here and critise the sacrifice of the our brothers that have fallen while fighting for just cause,the right to govern themselves without Xabashi or foreign interverance of their interests.

its' unfortunate,but bishaaro to those who have passed away fighting the dulmi,the everlasting peace in paradise is theirs,amiiin.

Muj. wanabe Red.

As known, I was no friend of wadaada, but cadaalada iyo xaqiiqda jirto lama indhatiro.

WW&HD.JPG

This is Idaacadda Muqdisho and Wasaarada Warfaafinta, the tiny qabyaalad-influenced supporters of dowlad ku sheega, the mouthpiece of Sanaawi labadaan bari sawiradaan soo giliye, that Idaacadda Muqdisho is open. One question: Who renovated it? See, how almost brand new it looks. Maxkamadaha ayaa saas ka dhigay, which obviously the construction was still underway.

Both Caydiid Sr. and Jr. controlled that building for almost 15 years, inay wax dayacaan iska dhaafee, wax ee ka qaataan bas.

maareeyahah%20dekeda%20weyn2.JPG

Look at this guy, Geedi-nominated "maareeyaha" dekedda, in his office located dekedda itself. Sure, but yaa dhisay xafiiskaan uu isku sharxaayo, including the very desk and computer?

Dhaarin_Muqdhisho_4.jpg

Look at this court uu isku sharfaayaan kuwaan dowlada ku sheega. Who build this building, this hall, which Maxkamada Sare ee Banaadir, which wasn't finished yet by Maxkamadaha?

isgeert12020107103720photo00.jpg?x=380&y

Look at Xabash troops in Garoonka Diyaaradaha. Who renovated it and made possible to have their planes, including mida keentay their stooge Geedi if it wasn't Maxkamadaha opened and renovated?

And then there are seaports and other places the stooge Geedi isku masawiro everyday, never asking who cleared the debris from it and made possible the impossible of opening a port and an airport that was closed for 11 years, bravely, and then renovating. What did his dowlad ku sheeg do? Even the little airfields in Baydhabo and Jowhar waa dayactiri waayeen, iskaba dhaaf wax kale.